test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter loading screen freeze

mrgormrgor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hello

I installed the game from official torrent client. Patched it with no problems. When i start i get to the point dark themed Neverwinter logo with white "Loading" message at the bottom. Then client freezes, no error, no "not responding" it just stays there. ERRORS file in game directory is empty also.

My PC config:
Asus socket 775 motherboard
CPU Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 2.33Ghz
GPU Radeon X1950 Pro
2 GB Kingston ?? RAM
External USB 5.1 Channel Audio Adapter form i-tec
Internet - broadband DSL PPPoE connection - 150 KB/s

Im trying to run this game at fresh windows xp installation with all drivers directx etc. freshly installed.
I use Comodo Firewall and kingsoft antivirus, disabling/enabling/making exceptions not work ...

EDIT:
It is probably a part of the RadeonX family GPU HUD issue. Now i get to the point of lacking HUD stated in this topics:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?75381-Missing-UI-(Pixel-shader-creation-failed)&p=1145171&viewfull=1#post1145171

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?76011-HUD-Fail-!&p=1153111&viewfull=1#post1153111
Post edited by mrgor on

Comments

• lordtesticleslordtesticles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    yeah I'm having this exact same problem every time I try to play, always on the Neverwinter logo loading screen
    *edit* when I minimized to post this the game finally got to the character select screen, don't know what's up with that
  • itchyboto808itchyboto808 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    having the same problem here as well... I give up on this ALWAYS broken game!!!
  • kondziorek124kondziorek124 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If you have plugged second monitor i would suggest to unplug it and try then, in my case it worked...
  • ketsueki13ketsueki13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have this problem all the time. Oddly, minimizing does seem to fix it.

Sound: Realtek HD
    Graphics Active: nVidia GeForce GTX 765M
    Graphics Inactive: Intel HD Graphics 4600
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4700MQ
    8 GB RAM
    Windows 8.1
  • panciocia12panciocia12 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I played neverwinter about 6 months ago , now started to play again but it cant login me nothing happens when i click login , i created 2 more accounts but NOTHING I GIVE UP TOO , ITS ANNYNOING !!!!111
  • panciocia12panciocia12 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    f u Neverwinter , i wasted about 2 hours to make it works ...
  • riverceriverce Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm having the same problem and i have no idea what to do. Did anybody do something that worked?
  • aqualite44aqualite44 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    check your firewall settings. I did the whole start the game in safe mode and then change graphics settings at character screen. When I exited the game, my firewall had popped up asking if I wanted to allow it through. After I clicked allow, I started the game up normally, without Safe mode, and it started up just fine.
  • styg666styg666 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The truth is nobody knowes whats the real cause of all these problems, that is why we get no response for our submited tickets. And leave your pc alone its not "his" fault. All other games are working propely and are much tougher that NW. Cheked the internet, the firewall and all other things i ever know to possibly cause any problem. Everything works fine, except NW !

My problem is iven odder. I had huge lagg only on a new created char, the other 1 was working propely (created last year in septembre). But from today morning i cant loggin att all. At characters load screen stops the proces and after 1 min or so i get kiked from server.
  • skorteusskorteus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I was having this issue but no more.... before logging in, go to the options and uncheck the "start in full screen" or "safe mode" if needed.