test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Major PvP Patch

shinmuramasashinmuramasa Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited December 2013 in PvE Discussion
Rumors are, there will be a major PvP patch in the next update... Discuss...
Post edited by shinmuramasa on

Comments

• steamroler12steamroler12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Doubt it, And if its anything like this Mod, I wont get my hopes up. lol

Where did you hear these rumors?
  • shinmuramasashinmuramasa Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Some guy I was in a dungeon with was talking about it. Seemed like he knew what he was talking about.
  • steamroler12steamroler12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I "heard" that they might be releasing some sort of Capture the Flag type of PvP, thats what i heard, but it was also from a random guy, dunno where these statements are coming from though.
  • mrmcsmithysmrmcsmithys Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The developers haven't released any information about the next module so anything some guy tells you who heard it off some other guys second cousins best friends uncle is probably just rumor at this point.
  • rainmantis85rainmantis85 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I would be happy with just an arena mode. I think the dynamics of class combinations would be interesting in 4 vs 4, 3 vs 3, etc. Plus if others could observe and bet in-game currency on fights, THAT WOULD BE SO SWEET!!!

Anyone else wonder why there isn't a duel prompt when you "F" another character for some non-instance PvP?

Plus, can we please get some hot bar alternates! For the love of god man. I think everyone can agree that three 3-block hot bars would be sufficient. I have E. Powers that I use for the field, a different set for bosses, and a third for the PvP domination. If I could set up my three Power sets and cycle between them it would make game-life so much easier. Even if they all rotate in as used like when transferring them one by one in your power menu. 3 3-wide Hot Bars, that's not too much to ask, is it?

Sincerely,
    Gotoff Topic, DDS., Jr., MD., III
  • immahealyounowimmahealyounow Member Posts: 57
    edited December 2013
    I'd be happy with something as simple as a private match queue that premades could use to easily organize matches. Right now it's a huge pain to set something up.
    * Blessing - 60 DC * * Blessa - 60 GWF * * Blessed - 60 TR * * Bless - 60 GF * * Blessings - 50 CW * * BlessedArr0w - 30 HR *

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • omgnicktakenomgnicktaken Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ill just use it to repeat the same sugjestion: just allow foundry authors to relase pvp maps. No more pressure on cryptic to make them, more options for the players.. everyone wins. Although, that would require an advanced gue UI for pvp gue (selecting maps and something to indicate map popularity for ques).
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    "Rumors" might be 100% true, I have heard the same, some dev confirmed on Twitch that there will be a PvP focused Module 3, and they didn't think that PvP will be so popular in a PvE centric D&D game, so they were kinda caught by surprise.

It is all I know, don't ask for links or something :P

I wouldn't expect miracles though.
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    But now PvE is over. Valindra was first met at the bridge before entering Protector Enclave the first time, then briefly met at the clockwork dungeon, then we killed her dragon in Sharandar, and now we killed her as well in her tower.
    So, the PvE is over. If there ever comes a Module 3, it can be only a PvP module.
    English is not my first language.
  • vedran541vedran541 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I hope this rumors are true, since the new PvE content was cleared the first day ppl got the key, PvP is the only thing thats left.
  • freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 342
    edited December 2013
    Unless PVP starts making the company money, I wouldn't count on it ever becoming a priority.
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    vortix44 wrote: »
    But now PvE is over. Valindra was first met at the bridge before entering Protector Enclave the first time, then briefly met at the clockwork dungeon, then we killed her dragon in Sharandar, and now we killed her as well in her tower.
    So, the PvE is over. If there ever comes a Module 3, it can be only a PvP module.

Valindra is a lich. Did you destroy her phylactery? Nope. Remember the last cutscene after you "kill" her?

Yup.

You gonna see Valindra yet AGAIN, probably resurrecting another dragon. Count on it.
  • hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Unless PVP starts making the company money, I wouldn't count on it ever becoming a priority.

I think that PvP has made the company most of their money in NW. Do you think 7 R10s, Pefects and G.Tenebrous were farmed in 6 months?
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
  • ikeepit3hunnaikeepit3hunna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013

it is the ONLY thing that makes them money. why would u buy gear to farm gear to get gear? it makes 0 sense.
    U R 2 E Z- SENT IV GWF undefeated 16k GS
    FaceRoller- regen recovery TR (put on the shelf for now) 14k GS
    Supreme CHAOS - IV GF (put on the shelf for now) 16k GS
    White Khalifa- tene/hp/regen CW (retired) 11k GS (tene)
    Death From Above- TANK ranger 16kGS
    (all halfling everything)

Proud rank 6 of: <Enemy Team>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You realize that there are other things to buy in this game other than gear. There's crafting assets, there's mounts, there's companions, there's wards (and now marks), there's cosmetic fluff.
  • xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    A major pvp patch would be nice. Some things I'd like to see...

1) Rankings
    2) Ranked based matchmaker
    3) More instanced maps
    4) More instanced modes
    3) Open world pvp zone
  • dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Source or GTFO.
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    macjae wrote: »
    Crafting assets? For crafting gear? Buying that is indirectly buying gear. Or buying AD you get for selling stuff. Which you can spend on more gear.

Mounts? Huge advantage in pvp, but saves a bunch of time in pve. All content seems designed with making mounts desirable in mind. Sometimes, it works to the detriment of that content (i.e. turning Gauntlgrym into a horse race).

Companions? Alright, that's pure pve. Of course, they make it easier to get more gear.

Wards and marks? For upgrading your gear?

Cosmetic stuff? Given.

Of the things you listed, it's really only cosmetic stuff that doesn't feed gear acquisition in some way. The rest of the stuff you can buy are all useful for the purpose of acquiring gear. So indirectly, you're buying gear that way too.

Maybe I spend money on crafting assets in order to craft stuff to sell so that I can buy a cool companion for PVE. Or wards, or marks, or WHATEVER, that may or may not include "gear".

Maybe I spend money on keys to gamble on the lockboxes because gambling is kinda fun.

Maybe I spend money to transmute my character to make it look like exactly how I imagine it to look.

You are the one with the gear-focused obsession. That's fine, I suppose. But don't presume that everyone shares your obsession.
  • ikeepit3hunnaikeepit3hunna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    pointsman wrote: »
    Maybe I spend money on crafting assets in order to craft stuff to sell so that I can buy a cool companion for PVE. Or wards, or marks, or WHATEVER, that may or may not include "gear".

Maybe I spend money on keys to gamble on the lockboxes because gambling is kinda fun.

Maybe I spend money to transmute my character to make it look like exactly how I imagine it to look.

You are the one with the gear-focused obsession. That's fine, I suppose. But don't presume that everyone shares your obsession.

Mounts companions. All of us pvpers have all of that + more. Personaly I have 6 zen mounts 10 char slots and full gear. Before when I used to pve I didn't spend 1zen
    U R 2 E Z- SENT IV GWF undefeated 16k GS
    FaceRoller- regen recovery TR (put on the shelf for now) 14k GS
    Supreme CHAOS - IV GF (put on the shelf for now) 16k GS
    White Khalifa- tene/hp/regen CW (retired) 11k GS (tene)
    Death From Above- TANK ranger 16kGS
    (all halfling everything)

Proud rank 6 of: <Enemy Team>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    vortix44 wrote: »
    A) She's a lich
    B) She's a minor league flunky of Szass Tam
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • arontimesarontimes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Maybe she's working for Tam because he's holding her phylactery hostage?

"You have failed me for the last time, Shadowmantle." *Casts Disintegrate on Valindra's phylactery*
    Member of Grievance.

Taking a break from Neverwinter indefinitely...
  • antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    arontimes wrote: »
    Maybe she's working for Tam because he's holding her phylactery hostage?

"You have failed me for the last time, Shadowmantle." *Casts Disintegrate on Valindra's phylactery*
    Possibly, but that still leaves Tam and the guy pulling his strings :)
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    mod note: p2w arguments/discussions are against the forum rules of conduct. so is thread hijacking. let's remember to be civil in our discussions. thanks.

do not reply to this moderation note. instead, send us a PM to discuss it.
  • arontimesarontimes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    antovaras wrote: »
    Possibly, but that still leaves Tam and the guy pulling his strings :)

Oh, right, my countryman, Larloch. All hail Netheril!
    Member of Grievance.

Taking a break from Neverwinter indefinitely...
  • deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 185
    edited December 2013
    If they could fix knockdown/knock back animations from basically making CC last 5X its lenght (or adding CC to abilities that dnt have any like impact shot-not stealthed) With some class tweaks, and a 3v3 Arena...id be happy. (Also add in a option to dual on larger scale, a option to open a pvp map and enter with say 10 people, no glory but we could then set up events guild wise for pvp tournaments -.- I miss doing that on GW2)