test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Post Module 2 Build?

docsc00terdocsc00ter Member Posts: 291 Arc User
edited December 2013 in The Temple
Just curious what y'all are looking at for post Module 2 builds. I didn't play around much on the Test Server, so I'm not as familiar with the new path and its implications.

For me, I'm still sticking with a primarily PVE build that emphasizes team support/healing in dungeons but can solo well in Foundries, etc. I'm in all Malabog gear at this point (including the Artificing weapon and its dropped companion), and have been running a pretty standard "Healer" build.

I'm curious if it's best to stick with what I've been doing or change things up a bit with the new Paragon path.

Scooter
Post edited by docsc00ter on

Comments

• shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    If you want a DPS ability, keep divine oracle. if you want more supporty, then go with the new path. It's a solid step up in terms of adding DR to party members while still being able to hurt stuff.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Whether I stick with my old build or not will depend on how badly Foresight gets nerfed (something they have indicated they will do in the very near future).

Divine Oracle is sufficient for me - I switch out one encounter and one daily power depending on whether I am in a group or soloing, and I do just fine....I tried the new path on the preview server, but I wasn't sufficiently impressed to switch right away.

One thing, to keep in mind is that the ArPen issue is supposed to be fixed soon, so ArPen will actually have an effect on DC powers, instead of being just an useless waste of points as it currently is - that might mean a change in my gear.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    ArP is fixed today, with mod 2 release. It's in the patch notes.

Best thing I can offer for advice is try the new set. Like I said it's more oriented towards support. The core of DC still deals damage to get divine to mess stuff up.
  • shiralacshiralac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    While others may enjoy a new path to play, I personally didn't find the new path interesting and will stay with Divine Oracle.

I do foresee the new desire for 2 DCs In a groupd once again, 1 for heals and 1 for buffs/debuffs.

I can see chat window now;

[Looking For Group] LF2M 1DODC and 1 ACDC <--- lol ACDC : )
    There is no such thing as Pleather Armor.
  • djrakeryderdjrakeryder Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    is anyone else just not seeing the new paragon path?
  • glowingemberglowingember Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I respecced my main dc to the anointed champion today - I can't bring myself to say acdc - even though I like the music. I am satisfied with the spell casting. Exaltation aim better than I thought it would. I run astral shield, exaltation and usually daunting light for my three spells in party. Soloing I decided to use exaltation, break the spirit ( I think that's the one) and daunting light. The temp hit points on casting a spell works incredibly in both of those situations.

My two concerns are: what to use for my second at will, Astral seal has a slow attack but gives you a necessary life steal buff. Lance gives a tiny bit more attack speed and a tiny damage edge over, what is it, astral fire (im a bit tired atm) which gives you some temp hit points - but the amount is so small it does not seem worth it, so just stick with lance over that.

lately, I have encountered several pvp matches where I have faced one person and only had time to make one at will attack before being knocked down and killed.

which leads me to my second concern for pvp. What to do about being cc'd to death. I really don't see any kind of mechanism in place to deal with that.
  • hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I am too attached with Sunburst/Healing Word/Astral Shield right now, and although I do like Exaltation I find the CD quite big. The rest are nothing to write home about. The daily is OK, the at-will won't really replace Sacred Flame or Astral seal. So the question is how much do you like Exaltation, and how much you can live without foresight.

Stayed Divine Oracle, grabbed the PvP item and raised it to rank 30, and the survivability is amazing.
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
  • plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I tried the new annoyted champion path... not so fun to play
    for solo/daily missions/ pvp its not good
    I went to a party with astral shield, astral seal, exaltation, blessing of battle and sun burst. I just couldn't make enough divinity
    ppl complain and told me I am cheap by not giving them the blue astral
    the daily anointed army is very short and I am not sure its better then hallowed ground with feat

if I buy retraing token, does it rest my feats as well? or I need to buy rest of feat with diamonds?
  • shadowkittyshadowkitty Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hi, im interessted on the new path but have no idea how i should skill. All my feats powers and attributes are cleared.
    Does anybody have idea or have any build i could use?
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    plavia wrote: »
    if I buy retraing token, does it rest my feats as well? or I need to buy rest of feat with diamonds?

A full respec will reset points and feats. And ability scores (not starting rolls, though).
  • docsc00terdocsc00ter Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am too attached with Sunburst/Healing Word/Astral Shield right now, and although I do like Exaltation I find the CD quite big... The daily is OK, the at-will won't really replace Sacred Flame or Astral seal. So the question is how much do you like Exaltation, and how much you can live without foresight.

I respecced to AC yesterday and ran through a handful of dungeons. I honestly had trouble figuring out how to use Exaltation effectively because of the long cooldown. Unless I'm doing it wrong (which is entirely possible, and I trust someone will chime in and say so), it has some of the same targeting issues as Healing Word, but that's compounded by the long delay before casting it again.

Now, I admit, my habits with the DO path are pretty stubborn, so perhaps I was trying to play AC like DO and I need to change my approach. But I was running with Sunburst, Astral Shield, and Exaltation, and I found myself wishing for either Bastion, Healing Word, or Forgemaster's instead of Exaltation on several occasions.

What's more, I felt a bit "squishier" without the Foresight combo from DO. That could be attributed to my distraction with the new power, or some challenges with groups (I had a CW that seemed particularly fragile and just couldn't get out of the red on the ground).

I'll stick with AC for a little while longer, but DO is definitely calling my name to return.
  • glowingemberglowingember Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Anointed symbol is a very important part of your protective abilities. Every time you cast a spell you grant temp hp to yourself and allies around you. I'm not sure how the amount is calculated, but I grant1,6k temp hp which is a nice buffer. You then time your next spell to be cast when you think everyones hp have been burned through and then you reset it with another spell since these temp hp do not stack. When someone is at 3/4 life and approaching 1/2 life, that is a good time to pop divine exaltation.

As for divinity power generation, I grabbed all the feats to generate dp - the crit healing, the bountiful, the ethereal boon and the other one before ethereal - the one on crit damage I think. I have never run out of dp at all and occasionally have extra to smite with it as well.
  • atamasamaatamasama Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Anointed symbol is a very important part of your protective abilities. Every time you cast a spell you grant temp hp to yourself and allies around you. I'm not sure how the amount is calculated, but I grant1,6k temp hp which is a nice buffer. You then time your next spell to be cast when you think everyones hp have been burned through and then you reset it with another spell since these temp hp do not stack. When someone is at 3/4 life and approaching 1/2 life, that is a good time to pop divine exaltation.
    That makes Moontouched an awesome feat then doesn't it?
    Lakini, Halfling Guardian Fighter
    Tomas, Human Devoted Cleric
    Dragon Shard
  • shadowkittyshadowkitty Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Still nobody answered? Is there of do anyone have valid build for new path? :(
  • atamasamaatamasama Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Still nobody answered? Is there of do anyone have valid build for new path? :(
    It's only been a day, they don't really have builds for any of the new paths yet that I've seen. People are working on them. I'm waiting for a Swordmaster build for my GF right now that somebody is working on that sounds promising.
    Lakini, Halfling Guardian Fighter
    Tomas, Human Devoted Cleric
    Dragon Shard
  • lutz086lutz086 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    to have tried it for 2 days now and the only thing i can say is that annointed holy symbol+deepstone blessing is working wonders for me add in divine armor every minute or so and your healing like a champ exaltation is an awsome SITUATIONAL encounter e.g. rogue tanking dragon in MC. all in i think it has its place depending on what your looking for in your cleric
  • lazureelazuree Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    exaltation is a nice spell for last minutes saves imo
    like if one of your team members is standing in a pile of critical hitting red and not moving, cast otherwise off divinity it is like divine hw in the fact that it instaheals a single target
    in pvp it can be cast when a teammate is about to get iceknifed/icy rayed or focused by a lot of burst (gf)
    I do prefer old build for pve b/c it is better for groups but it's all a matter of playstyle