test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Serious bug with HR's and Bosses/Mini Bosses

bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,983 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Because of the extreme range the HR is capable of, in some boss/mini boss encounters, you can attack the boss before reaching the encounter zone or triggering the zoom cutscene, and even kill the boss from outside of their 'arena'.

When attempting to release Doomguide Severin (?) by killing the Red Wizard in one of the Neverdeath Graveyard quests, I sniped him from outside the room, and the death didn't trigger, so I could not finish the quest.I had to log out and log back in and restart the quest all over again, and run into the room, which defeats the purpose of having a 'ranged' class!

It seems the encounter zones (usually displayed with the translucent orange 'portal') need to be moved back further than the HR's max. range or the 'triggers' need to be updated.

Slightly less annoying, but still an issue, is the fact that if you start combat from outside the encounter zone, and then move forward, it will trigger the zoom cutscene, halfway through the battle, which can cause problems.
Is it finally a T5/U/T6 KDF Science Ship?
tacofangs wrote: »
Nope, just a McKrenim Happy Meal toy.
IMPERIAL AUSMONAUTS - STO Klingon & Rom-Klink Fleet.

My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zpsb3deonfo.png
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• coldcoopercoldcooper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    thornward or what?
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,983 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    coldcooper wrote: »
    thornward or what?
    Keh?? If you mean those giant green snot balls that HR's leave all over the maps, I think that's already been mentioned/reported 100 times.

My issue is about quest triggers and encounters and is considerably more serious. Having a quest you cannot complete or have to redo 10 times, because you happened to be standing 2' further away than the game recognizes, simply because the HR has a long range attack capability, is a major bug and needs to be looked into ASAP!
    Is it finally a T5/U/T6 KDF Science Ship?
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Nope, just a McKrenim Happy Meal toy.
    IMPERIAL AUSMONAUTS - STO Klingon & Rom-Klink Fleet.

My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zpsb3deonfo.png
  • yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    bendalek wrote: »
    When attempting to release Doomguide Severin (?) by killing the Red Wizard in one of the Neverdeath Graveyard quests, I sniped him from outside the room, and the death didn't trigger, so I could not finish the quest.

Well that specific quest is not related to HRs only, had that the first time I did this on my DC as well. But yes, you are right, they need to fix those problems. They started to do so by adding those click to enter stuff for some fights lately so that you cannot target someone from far away or drag him outside anymore.
  • fledmagicianfledmagician Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    have dealing damage to the boss skip the zoom-cutscene but trigger the battle (and related quests) anyway.

this way HR get to keep their ranged attacks, and the quest gets unbroken.

problem solved.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I had the exact same problem with my Control Wizard.
    Damaging the boss should trigger battle/skip cutscene.

Just happens once, and you quickly learn to trigger cutscene before engaging the boss.
    Still, annoying and should be an easy fix.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This is the reason I hate running Neverdeath and especially that quest, as it happened to my DC way back in open beta when everything was a nightmare to begin with because of aggro and cleric squishiness. Getting a hit on the boss should pause the action and trigger the cutscene.

I requested GM help and bug-reported it at the time and was told it's a known issue that they don't have a fix for yet.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    CWs, DCs, and TRs can do this in quickling den against the boss in there. I find this bug to be more amusing than annoying, personally.

Though the way they have mini-dungeons set up in dreadspire would be the easiest fix, probably.
    contents to be decided