test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Refining quest is *not* broken, just wrong quest description

ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
edited September 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
I know it sounds weird to file a bug-report for a non-bugged quest, but here goes: I logged in with my lvl 32 rogue, and tried to do the first quest where I learn about refining enchantments. It told me to right-click the Ring of Warding in my inventory and select Refine, but... I don't have a Ring of Warding. Not in my inventory, not on me, and not in the Buy Back-screen. Not even in the Reclaim store. So I did what I usually do, and abandoned the quest and started over. Once again, I had to click a non-existing ring. What to do?

So I went for plan B, and tried to refine a random enchantment in my inventory. Funny thing is, this actually worked. The quest updated, and now I just had to upgrade it. That was a bit harder (short version is I had to send an upgrade-ready enchantment from another character), but I managed to upgrade an enchantment, and voila! The quest was done. Strange.

So the quest is in fact not broken at all. It just doesn't make any sense, if you follow the quest description. There is no Ring of Warding anywhere to be found, but it's not needed. All you need is to refine something, then upgrade something. Easy as pie. :)
Post edited by ladymythos on

Comments

• Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    When you take the quest in the sage shop you should get the ring automatically placed into your inventory , I did on my 2 characters I did the quest on, sounds like maybe it bugged for you?
  • Options
    fledmagicianfledmagician Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    as imsmithy said, not a bug, the quest GIVES you a ring of warding. (with a lvl 1 dark enchantment inside it) and enough dark enchantments to refine it.

also, ten of the reagent that you need to complete the refining.
  • Options
    ulanxulanx Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thank you for the info. I received the ring on two alts but not on my Cleric. Tried doing what you had done (abandoning quest etc) but not luck. Took your advice and upgraded a low level enchantment already in my inventory and the quest progressed. Thanks again'
  • Options
    krimsonnoxkrimsonnox Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have a different issue with the quest, but i can't make a new post and i can't find the right post about it. I have enough marks for the upgrade, but it says i don't have the required regents. What can i do??
  • Options
    dwallarandwallaran Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    krimsonnox wrote: »
    I have a different issue with the quest, but i can't make a new post and i can't find the right post about it. I have enough marks for the upgrade, but it says i don't have the required regents. What can i do??

I have the same Prob. Did it yesterday with another Char and it worked like a charm. Did try another enchant same Probs ...
  • Options
    krimsonnoxkrimsonnox Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I logged back in later and it worked so weird bug.