test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hunter Armor is more ninja/assassin style

jazzneojazzneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
edited December 2013 in The Wilds
2P0USoK.jpg Anyone else think the hunter look more like ninja then a Rogue is lol
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My personal favorite was one combination of outfit parts that made my male Drow look like he was warring a Burka. Not a good look on him :rolleyes:

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It's definitely less "woodsy" than I had anticipated, but still pretty cool. Frankly, I was hoping for more of a pelt/fur look to the HR armor... TR armor already has the tanned leather look to it.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Looks better than what my HR had on test , she had what can only be described as a gimp mask on by the time I got her to lvl 60 .
  • furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I usually disable the visuals for head, so it would look like a ranger not a ninja try doing that might work :)

w5yo.png
    Enable visuals for amulet & head.
    xwm1.png
    Disable visuals for head.

Please allow us to disable the visuals for pants or shirt, this pose is rly hot without pants only armor :3
    SIGNATURE
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Looks better than what my HR had on test , she had what can only be described as a gimp mask on by the time I got her to lvl 60 .
    Yes, but a TR can have a gimp mask AND a pimp hat at the same time.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • jazzneojazzneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    i like the ninja look lol. some ninja use bows and 2 dagger and some of skill for hunter more ninja like to
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    pitshade wrote: »
    Yes, but a TR can have a gimp mask AND a pimp hat at the same time.

My HR had a gimp mask and a hood , maybe I could set up some kind of S&M club in Protectors Enclave , lure the punters in with the gimp mask then pull up the hood and mug them , probably the only viable way to farm AD left in the game now sadly ...
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    My HR had a gimp mask and a hood , maybe I could set up some kind of S&M club in Protectors Enclave , lure the punters in with the gimp mask then pull up the hood and mug them , probably the only viable way to farm AD left in the game now sadly ...

LOL! Thank you for the first actual laugh I've had from a forum post in almost a year. :D
  • slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    personally i'd love to get that rogue set from cloaked tower, lvl 16 dungeon i mean.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The higher level ones look very different, they all look bad on a tiefling.

Also absolutley +100 for turning shirt and pants off, so many looks could be achieved by this happening for all classes!
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well it's good for skin for my tr
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The higher level ones look very different, they all look bad on a tiefling.

Also absolutley +100 for turning shirt and pants off, so many looks could be achieved by this happening for all classes!

Can't you just take em off? They don't add any stats, do they?
    Morgan West - Oathbound Paladin
    Jonathan Lonehawk - Hunter Ranger
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,983 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Low level or starter pants/shirt don't add anything to your stats, but there are green->blue->purple pants/shirt that have bonuses and even gem slots.
    It's funny how many female HR's are running around PE currently with no pants on! but I imagine that will change once the pants/shirt have stats.

I'm not currently fond of the outfit choices available to HR's (only at lvl 30) but the character creation screen had a reasonable looking armor, so I'll wait and see ... It does get a bit "breezy" with no pants on in some parts of Ferelden o.0
    Is it finally a T5/U/T6 KDF Science Ship?
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Nope, just a McKrenim Happy Meal toy.
    IMPERIAL AUSMONAUTS - STO Klingon & Rom-Klink Fleet.

My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zpsb3deonfo.png
    edited December 2013
    bendalek wrote: »
    Low level or starter pants/shirt don't add anything to your stats, but there are green->blue->purple pants/shirt that have bonuses and even gem slots.
    It's funny how many female HR's are running around PE currently with no pants on! but I imagine that will change once the pants/shirt have stats.

I'm not currently fond of the outfit choices available to HR's (only at lvl 30) but the character creation screen had a reasonable looking armor, so I'll wait and see ... It does get a bit "breezy" with no pants on in some parts of Ferelden o.0
    I certainly ran around with no pants/shirt until I made a set for my HR with my TR. +29 Crit & ArP from the set made it worth putting them on.

They actually look nice, better than the CW stuff anyway.

Still being able to disable the visuals would be great, tieflings with pants look silly.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • eliteseraph1eliteseraph1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm still trying to figure out how to take screenshots in this game. Honestly, I'm not sure why the camera has to fight you so much, or why there's no outright "take screenshot button. But here's a pic of my level 30-ish ranger. I have to say that I really like the way it looks so far. Less woodsy outdoorish barbarian type, and more sophisticated, stealthy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I'm on board with that!

s2jd.png
    edited December 2013
    Some of it has a nice elven feel while others have a more gypsy wanderer feel. I really like the look overall, just no hats for tieflings.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • netblaze2netblaze2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I like the look.. It looks bad ***.. I'm tired of the rangers in all games looking woodys......all that fur and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>....Tired of it.. The rangers in neverwinter look bad ***....
  • netblaze2netblaze2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Have you all noticed that female Rangers look so sexy.. Is it just me?
  • stonewall72stonewall72 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Think they look ok for the most part. Here is my Ranger...still working on it....
    HR_60_zpsa8ba98d0.jpg
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Actually Arch (archer) means Rouge.

I like the look, devilish, deadly, Saracen Look.
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
    edited December 2013
    Firstly I DO NOT want to start an argument here!

Having said that, generally Rangers in D & D are usually envisaged as "woodsy" i.e. they are normally pictured as an Elf with green/brown leather/fur clothing, carrying a bow and hunting knife, and usually they are accompanied by a 'familiar' like a badger, hawk, wolf or bear. And they normally have 'woodsy' or nature oriented skills, almost like a fighting Druid.

My take on Cryptics Hunter Ranger, is that they are more of an assassin type character, more 'modernized' than the usual Ranger. Anyway that's just my take on the class, and as I said at first, I'm not looking for an arguement.

So, with that preamble, I went "Ninja" with my human HR (and as usual 'commando' with the pants)
    HunterNinja_zps98a556ba.jpg

The ubiquitous promo/poster shot ... My HR 'Katniss' and her pussycat 'Katnip'
    HunterRangerAction_zpsf57cda94.jpg

One more thing ...
    I spotted a Ranger Guard in Helm's Hold wearing, what I would describe as, thigh high 'Hooker Boots' and 'Fishnets' o.0!!!
    Cryptic I WANT FISHNETS FOR MY TOON!!!
    HelmHoldArcher_zps854b3a00.jpg

• harkinharkin Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Sounds like you want a Rogue, which already is in the game as the Trickster Rogue... leave the Ranger to be a Ranger for us that want to be a Ranger and didnt roll a Rogue. :(
  • fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Where do u get this "ninja" armor ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I agree. A woodsman ranger can definitely be that. There's also the urban ranger that seems to be the pallette that they pulled from for this ranger. In the end, both are viable and it's probably capable to pull off the look on both sides.

I do like the 'ninja' look and wouldn't mind that gear. I got similar for my high elf. Total assassin's creed stuff there. :)
    edited December 2013
    It's mainly combination of the Moonshadow(?) Dye pack and Black Dye, using one of the 'Scout' armours I found (about lvl 25-30 I think. I just transmute to the same one whenever I upgrade (it's a bit expensive, but it's the price we pay for vanity)

• pankolinopankolino Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I agree with
    "Firstly I DO NOT want to start an argument here!

Having said that, generally Rangers in D & D are usually envisaged as "woodsy" i.e. they are normally pictured as an Elf with green/brown leather/fur clothing, carrying a bow and hunting knife, and usually they are accompanied by a 'familiar' like a badger, hawk, wolf or bear. And they normally have 'woodsy' or nature oriented skills, almost like a fighting Druid.

My take on Cryptics Hunter Ranger, is that they are more of an assassin type character, more 'modernized' than the usual Ranger. Anyway that's just my take on the class, and as I said at first, I'm not looking for an arguement."