test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Enchant Fusing System ---

jeffmwillsonjeffmwillson Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 116 Arc User
This new system is terrible in my opinion. In case everyone has not had a chance to test it out. It is definitely going to make those who do not have rank 8-10s... never get them.. maybe gold sellers will make more $$ off selling these enchants because I see them as the only ones that will ever get enough time or AD to actually fuse items past rank 5.
Here is how it works from what Ive seen. Rank 4 to rank 5... need catalyst.. ok.. 5k for green catalyst.. and.. costs 1k to attempt... now to get 99% chance to upgrade.. need to put RP points in. took me 10 other type enchants at rank 4 to get max RP. ok. so . got a rank 5. cost me. 6k and 10 other enchants.. ouch. already worse.. but it gets better. Rank 5 to rank 6. 25k catalyst. 5k to fuse. and with max rp (another 10 or so rank 5 enchants of other type) get 60% chance to succeed at a cost if fail of 30k and 10 other rank 5 enchants.) Now.. even better.. next catalyst level up is 100k. and cost to try to upgrade jumps as well. and 40% chance to succeed.. wow.. 150k possible loss and enchants I put in at 40% success rate.. to get to rank 7s?? Rank 8.... 2 catalysts needed and 2 rank 7s.... 200k.. and 2 rank 7s.. which already costs 300k to get.. with 25% chance to succeed... now we can use coal wards as well and not have to put RP in. but.. still need catalyst.. so.. looks like anything after rank 8.. to save money will need a coal.. so.. 100k roughly for coal.. 100k for catalyst.. need 2.. and.. need to rank 7s to get to rank 8... already lookin at double the price to make a rank 8 then they are on AH at moment.. Correct me if I am wrong, some of my numbers may not be exactly correct. BUT imo everyone should farm enchants now and rank up while they can. cus when mod 2 comes, if you don't have rank8s +.. don't expect to get them for cheap.. but hey.. gold sellers are sellin rank 9s for $40 real money at moment.. way to push your own profits to gold sellers cryptic.. just my 2 cents... I personally am not impressed with this new system at all..
Post edited by jeffmwillson on

Comments

• Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Moved to preview feedback section, as this is not a live feature at this time.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    jeffmwillsonjeffmwillson Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited November 2013
  • Options
    zalithlina0423zalithlina0423 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hate hate hate hate this new system! Worse thing ever!
  • Options
    zalithlina0423zalithlina0423 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013

yea but its closed :P
  • Options
    aaa1113aaa1113 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    the new system is terrible...i dont even understand how to fuse the enhancements....will some one just upload a youtube guide? seriously...why doesn't it let me fuze after i put all the stones in and it has a 95% of success?
  • Options
    crystylcrystyl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I don't see why the Enchantments had to be made more complicated. Now I have 3 bags and my bank full of enchantments, runestones and their assorted junk. Most likely I will get rid of it all. This didn't add ANY fun to playing the game.
    "pay to WIN"? Ok you win! now go away and let the rest of us "Play in Peace" without your whining!
  • Options
    crystylcrystyl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The problem wasn't that people weren't unslotting items. The problem was it was stupidly expensive to do so. It was cheaper to just throw them away and buy new ones. Your choice to make the whole system so complicated that very few even understand it just made it worse. Making the game a lot less fun for many of us refining the stones. "Fun" is my only reason to play this game. Do you see where I'm going here? (I know this is the "preview" thread but you closed the other one.)
    "pay to WIN"? Ok you win! now go away and let the rest of us "Play in Peace" without your whining!
  • Options
    uurbsuurbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 449 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    crystyl wrote: »
    [...] Now I have 3 bags and my bank full of enchantments, runestones and their assorted junk. [...]
    This happened to me as well as I was waiting for those blue "Mark of Potency" to drop, till I got over buying some of those and started refining my enchantments. Now I'm down around 30 slots, which were used previously.
    Proud member of Dragon Clan - German Gaming Community
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    I actually like the new system, other than the fact that blue marks are VERY rare (while on the other hand I have tons of purple ones) and the blue mark of power is largely (only?) obtained in epic skill kits (try getting those if you are a GF in a pug).
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min