test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

constant crashing

dvirbldvirbl Member Posts: 21 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
the game keeps crashing every time i play the game, it happens less than an hour after starting to play, constantly.
it happenes anywhere, when walking to a mission, talking to an npc, this didnt happend in the first beta weekend, i played fine without any crashes but now the game is almost unplayable.
Post edited by dvirbl on

Comments

• Options
    cuddlesfistingcuddlesfisting Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    exact same thing as me I tried everything so far ....... in safe mode in window mode full screen full screen window etc lowest graphics and everything I tried to make posts and stuff but not much people with this problem if u find out I would like to get it figured it out too
  • Options
    rohk007rohk007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ya i have had 2 crashes where i did not get any last beta. I just got the newest nvidia ones to see if it helps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darksidious2darksidious2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yes, I have done a speedtest and a pingtest and I am running well. At the moment I am running 44/32, 17ms ping, no jitter. I logged into Guild Wars, I am also helping Beta Marvel Heroes, I also logged WoW and I am having no trouble. Every 5min I experience a game crash. It is definitely impeding play.

I tried again just this moment and immediately was booted
  • Options
    kitty7925kitty7925 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am also having the same issue, crashing randomly whenever then asking me to submit a bug report asking "what was i doing", after giving a response over 50 times today, no efforts have been made to resolve this issue. My computer and internet is completely fine, its something with the game that is causing the client to just stop working for whatever reason. Very annoying, at this rate will not recommend to anyone sorry! Played beta first week and alpha, but this time no good. Game is fun as hell, but this problem makes me not want to play.
  • Options
    gammanshadowrushgammanshadowrush Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Same thing is happening to me as well. Sometimes it takes an hour for me to crash, but sometimes I crash after a few minutes of logging in. I've tried lowering the settings, using the troubleshooting settings, etc. And nothing seems to be working. The crashes are happening enough that it's become a problem to being able to play.

I wonder if it has anything to do with using a 32-Bit system? I'm running Windows XP. Thing is, no other games that I play crash like this. I play SWTOR, Skyrim, Tera, they all seem fine and they rarely crash on me.
  • Options
    deerforestdeerforest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have Win 7 64 bit OS on a desktop PC and the crashes are at random places and vary from every few minutes or I can stay logged on for 1 hr or more. I hate when the crash happens and forces my toon to die, especially after a hard battle. I have no trouble playing other online Games because I logged in Rift after getting frustrated with so many crashes. I love the Game but hate the crashes. I live in Europe but I doubt that is a problem because EQ2,Rift,Vanguard, LOTR, I play with no problems.
  • Options
    xswooshiexswooshie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same thing happening here, random intervals no error messages. Maybe there is a commonality to our systems?
  • Options
    birkelbirkel Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guys, dont worry this has nothing to do with our systems... its the client itsef that is unstable as ****. I crash aswell from time to time, mostly in pvp, not anywhere close to any of you guys here in the post but it happens. The game is in beta and not working properly yet. Give it time. I build gaming rigs for a living and I know 100% there is not one single problem with the PC im using and yet i get crashes in neverwinter. SO as I said, give it time.

Specs:

Hex-core i7-3930K OC to 4.3Ghz
    GTX 680 OC'ed
    16gb 1600mhz kingston RAM
    64bit Win7 Ultimate
    ASUS P9X79 PRO
    Corsair modular gold AX850W
    120gig intel SSD
    1TB Barracuda 7200RPM
  • Options
    dangermouse00dangermouse00 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    yeah, but it's still happening, all the time, 7 months later.
  • Options
    pallierpallier Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    just about ALL the the closed beta bugs are back in the game including this little gem where the server boots you a LOT.
    they need to go back to the code and look at what broke the fixes for all these bugs in the new expansion.
    Oh Atari how I miss you!
  • Options
    gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I may have a work around. I've been playing without crashing for the last hour. (crosses fingers)

Try switching to Windowed Mode in your graphic settings. It's been working for me so far.

NEVERMIND :) I just crashed.
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!
  • Options
    gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    yeah, but it's still happening, all the time, 7 months later.

lol you caught that too eh? OP's post is back from the grave!!!
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!
  • Options
    bluederpbluederp Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've been getting the same kind of thing, and I've only been playing for today. I believe it has to do with DirectX as that's the sort of error I'm getting. My computer is well able to play this game, its that it just crashes after a few minutes of playing.
  • Options
    drakossidrakossi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Seems to be worse after the last patch, Up until then I was playing fine. Now I get disconnected almost everytime I change zones.
  • Options
    noladionoladio Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hello,
    Having the same problems here. Have send several tickets, tried several suggested fixes, reinstalled the game, reinstalled my graphics driver...nothing works.

My specs:
    AMD FX-6350 six-core processor
    AMD Radeon R7 260x OC (Shapphire)
    8,0 GB RAM
    64bit Windows 7

Really sad about this, because I have not loved a game as much as this one for years.
    Hope there is anyone that can help. :)