test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What do you think the next paragon path for CW should be? and why?

hiddenfatehiddenfate Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in The Library
I personally think it should be Palemaster, after all there's a HUGE niche in the D&D MMO for summoning and undeath that isn't filled in Neverwinter yet. Druids can fill the summoning (but that'd sacrifice all the really neat stuff you could do with that class) but not the undeath part...Druids hate undead!

That's my opinion so post what paragon path you'd choose for the CW next and why. Emphasis on the why :3

Quick Edit: Also include some ideas for the Powers and Feats that will go along with your idea :D
Palemaster At Will

Negative Energy Ray (35 points spent)
80' range
Channel a dark ray into your target inflicting damage and reducing mitigation.
If used against an undead or infernal target, this attack will also heal all undead allies near the enemy based on damage it would have dealt. Can be used on an undead ally to increase mitigation and heal directly.

Rank 2: Damage +10%/Mitigation reduction +5%
Rank 3: Damage +10%/Mitigation reduction +5%

Palemaster Encounter

Create Undead (30 points spent)
50' range
30 second cooldown
Channel negative energy into nearby corpses turning them into a friendly undead who's stats increase based on the CW's stats (mainly power). Cannot be used on boss or miniboss corpses.

Rank 2: You can control up to 2 undead corpses
Rank 3: You can control up to 3 undead corpses

(note: these monsters will not randomly attack, they'll strike to defend you or strike whoever you target)

Palemaster Class Features

Shadow Shell (30 points spent)
You become resistant to cold damage and negative effects such as poison and debuffs

Rank 2: +5% resistance to cold damage and debuffs
Rank 3: +5% resistance to cold damage and debuffs

Arcane Summoning (40 points spent)
Your summoned creatures increase in power based on the number of arcane mastery stacks at the time of summoning

Rank 2: +25% more health/dr/damage gained from arcane mastery
Rank 3: +25% more health/dr/damage gained from arcane mastery

Undead Aspect (50 points spent)
You resist 10% of all critical hit damage

Rank 2: +10% critical hit damage reduction
Rank 3: +10% critical hit damage reduction

Palemaster Daily Power

Wail of the Banshee (50 points spent)
50' Range
Casting time 2 seconds
This spell deals damage to each enemy within range, starting with the one with the lowest health then working its way up. Each enemy will take just enough damage to kill it until the spell does not have enough damage to dish out. Remaining damage will be dealt as arcane damage. This spell cannot be boosted by critical hits.

Rank 2: Damage +10%
Rank 3: Damage +10%

Palemaster Feats

Oppressor: Negative Energy Burst
Your Negative Energy Ray inflicts 20/40/60/80/100% of its damage to enemies within 2/4/6/8/10 feet of your target

Thaumaturge: Chilled Bones
Your summoned creatures deal additional an additional 1/2/3/4/5% more damage per stack of chill on their target

Renegade: Dead Connection
When your undead kill a target they regain 1/2/3/4/5% of their health per stack of arcane mastery on you

What this fills
Right now the only form of summoning in Neverwinter is companions and I think there should be an ability to summon "something" other than companions to help you fight. The only way to fill this niche is with the druid class for animal summons or a Paragon pathway for CW that focuses on the undead. It also gives the players some access to the realms of the dead which only the enemy has had up until now.

And that's all I can think of for it :X Now make your own :D
Post edited by hiddenfate on

Comments

• Options
    davecheesedavecheese Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I came up with a few ideas - they're linked in my sig fie :)

I had another idea I was working on, where the CW was an ally buff machine if the players stayed close to them. I'll see if I can dig it out.
  • Options
    sithxardhasithxardha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 37
    edited December 2013
    Ice mage..
  • Options
    hrodvalderhrodvalder Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    How about going more into this "Force" direction? Can't think of any powers right now, but mor into the direction of EF, Repel and Shield... I wanna have my Darth Vader Style Mage!!!!
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    hrodvalder wrote: »
    How about going more into this "Force" direction? Can't think of any powers right now, but mor into the direction of EF, Repel and Shield... I wanna have my Darth Vader Style Mage!!!!

For what? In this game Conan the Barbarian beats Vader with his large sword over the head until the "powerful" Sith starts crying for his mommy.

Also they have just released this broken <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> paragon of flaming farts. It will be a small eternity until they find something even more broken and lame to release.

If they are to release something unbroken, it should be a battle mage of sorts with huge survivability and bonuses and able to go in melee with pro magics. Something like the Dragon Age: Origins Arcane Warrior.
  • Options
    hrodvalderhrodvalder Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    pers3phone wrote: »
    If they are to release something unbroken, it should be a battle mage of sorts with huge survivability and bonuses and able to go in melee with pro magics. Something like the Dragon Age: Origins Arcane Warrior.

That wouldn't work for a new Paragon Path since you would have to be able to switch between Malee and Magic or sacrifice big portions of both if you only use 1 set of Attacks. Kinda like the HR.

I tought of a power tough, something like repel, but paired with EF, like you take an enemy and "throw" him somewhere. Use could be to get Ranged Enemies closer to you/your allies.
    Or something like the evil eye as an encounter. You stare intensly at an enemy and that one gets dazed. Maybe add some DoT to that and a debuff...
  • Options
    damnpirodamnpiro Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I got the new Paragon, and, for PvP it is fcking terrible! I'll buy 300 zen to change that ****!
  • Options
    demattodematto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'd enjoy an Arcane, control-based path.
    Hermetic Saboteur:
    At Will
    Cloud of Daggers. Single-target. Leaves a damaging cloud for 2 seconds that other monsters might pass through.
    Encounter
    Explosive Rune. Places a small trap on the field (similar to DC's chains). Mastery increases area. Target(s) take damage, a slight push (and maybe prone). Rank increases damage, maybe even gives an extra charge (or increases duration of prone).
    Daily
    Magic Circle. Enemies that enter or leave the circle take low-moderate damage. Enemies are slowed while they remain inside the field. Lasts slightly longer per rank.
    Class Features
    -Explosive Force: Arcane stacks now yield an extra 1% push per rank per stack to explosive effects (Explosive Rune, Shard, Oppressive Force)
    -Dunno
    -Dunno

I feel as though wizards have come away from the Arcane control side of things. That's a style of play that I really enjoy, and I'd like to see it get some love in the future.
  • Options
    dhuras1dhuras1 Member Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Illusionist.

Summon illusory monsters to fight. Illusory cave ins, holes...etc.
  • Options
    sithxardhasithxardha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 37
    edited December 2013
    Arcane is fine option, fits this class perfectly.
  • Options
    harkinharkin Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Arcane (I was sad to see there were no cloud of daggers in the game for CW) or Illusionist of some kind would be cool.

I liked the Palemaster ability list in this thread aswell, wouldnt mind that. Still feels weird to see Flame on the CW, considering thats what the Warlock probably will have aswell.
  • Options
    devilshark5devilshark5 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    dhuras1 wrote: »
    Illusionist.

Summon illusory monsters to fight. Illusory cave ins, holes...etc.

My thoughts exactly. Emphasize control over damage and include charm/daze effects. Would love this, dhuras1!
    California Sunshine
  • Options
    twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Would be nice if the three paragon paths were:

Control Wizard - Focus on control - damage reduced, AP gained at higher rates for more enemies controlled (like prior to the "fix")

Battle Mage - Focus more on damage output. AOE type and some individual as well. Stronger defenses.

Summoner - A bit of both, summoning monsters to protect and fight
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    harkin wrote: »
    Arcane (I was sad to see there were no cloud of daggers in the game for CW) or Illusionist of some kind would be cool.

Challenge Accepted! I will make it without cloud of daggers to further irritate you :3

Arcanist At-Wills

Missile Storm (35 points)
    80' Range
    1 second lag time after casting
    Throws a horde of 20 missiles into the air which each strike a random target. Every 10 missiles builds one stack of arcane mastery.

Rank 2: +5 missiles, +10% damage
    Rank 3: +5 missiles, +10% damage

Arcanist Encounter

Arcane Markings (30 points)
    30' Range
    15 second cooldown
    Litters the area with symbols which explode with Arcane Force when touched. This power gains double the enhancement from arcane mastery stacks.

Rank 2: +5' Range, +5% damage, +10% more arcane mastery stack enhancement
    Rank 3: ^same thing

Arcanist Class Features

Arcane Stalwart (30 points)
    Your arcane mastery stacks now provide damage reduction and deflection.

Rank 2: +5% more DR and Deflection

Magical Anomaly (40 points)
    When struck you have a 10% chance to ignore the damage and release a huge burst of arcane energy inflicting damage based on the number of arcane mastery stacks currently active on you. This ability has a cooldown of 60 seconds.

Rank 2: -5 second cooldown, +10% more damage

Sorcerer's Respite (50 points)
    When you use a daily power you gain an additional stack of Arcane Mastery and bonus recovery and regeneration for 10 seconds.

Rank 2: +5 second duration
    Rank 3: +5 second duration, you gain more recovery and regeneration based on the number of arcane mastery stacks on you

Arcanist Daily Power

Wrath of the Master (50 points spent)
    80' Range from your position
    3 second casting time
    Assume a casting position and release a storm of magic missiles at every target within range. When you finish casting release a huge burst of arcane energy with a range of 15' that knocks enemies away and deals extra damage. This spell can only be used with five stacks of arcane mastery and you will lose all of those stacks on a successful casting. This power cannot be boosted by critical hits.

Rank 2: +10% more damage and ending knockback
    Rank 3: -10% damage taken during casting time

Arcanist Feats

Oppressor: Chilled Missiles
    Your magic missiles (from all powers) have a 5/10/15/20/25% chance to apply a stack of chill to your targets.

Thaumaturge: Greater Missile Storm
    Your missile storm at-will gains 1/2/3/4/5 more missiles and inflicts 2/4/6/8/10% more damage.

Renegade: Luck of the Scholar
    If one of your missiles scores a critical hit each successive missile has an additional 1/2/3/4/5% chance to critical hit.

What this fills:

It improves the effects of arcane mastery and creates a paragon path that relies on Arcane Mastery for almost every aspect. You can't use your daily power right off the bat unless you've been stacking those AM stacks to their fullest. You can't rely on your class features without keeping up your arcane mastery stacks. It's all about Arcane Mastery!

quota filled :3
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    hiddenfate wrote: »
    Challenge Accepted! I will make it without cloud of daggers to further irritate you :3

quota filled :3

Missile Storm will do instead of cloud of daggers, im happy :D Cheers for putting this up.

I'd love this for one more "damage" oriented Paragon Path, while i'd still love to see Illusionist as the more Controller based path.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    harkin wrote: »
    I'd love this for one more "damage" oriented Paragon Path, while i'd still love to see Illusionist as the more Controller based path.

Yup here goes my OCD. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!
    Master Illusionist Special

Deception
    Each stack of deception on a target boosts illusion-based powers and control based power effects by 1%. Furthermore after a total of 5 stacks have been placed the target suffers from "Breakdown" for 3 seconds. Most of the Master Illusionist's powers rely on Deception and Breakdown.

Breakdown
    When a target is under breakdown they are 25% more vulnerable to control effects.

Master Illusionist At-Wills

Prismatic Ray (35 points)
    50' Range
    Fires a ray of multicolored light at the target causing minor arcane damage and adding stacks of deception. Lasts for 3 seconds before having to be recast, applying 1 stack of deception per second.

Rank 2: Ray lasts for 1 more second before recasting
    Rank 3: ^same

Master Illusionist Encounter

Shades (30 points)
    80' Range, 30' Burst
    All targets within range are confronted with illusory doubles of themselves. A random target will be selected as the "attacker" and all other enemies within the effect of the spell will suffer damage equal to half of the attacker's power or weapon damage. This effect occurs every 3 seconds, applies one stack of deception every effect time, and the spell lasts for 9 seconds.

Rank 2: Damage Increased to 60% of the chosen attacker, duration of the spell increased by 3 seconds
    Rank 3: Damage Increased to 70% of the chosen attacker, ^same

Master Illusionist Class Features

Trickster (30 points)
    You gain additional deflection and defense against attackers suffering from deception. If breakdown is suffered as well, double the effect of this feature.

Rank 2: deflection and defense +10%
    Rank 3: You also gain additional life steal with attacks against them

Shadow Conjuration (40 points)
    When you strike a target suffering from deception, nearby targets also suffering from deception receive half your attack's damage. This ability has a 10' burst range.

Rank 2: Range +10'
    Rank 3: Range +10'

Numbing Illusions (50 points)
    When you inflict deception on an enemy that enemy is also slowed for 3 seconds. Double the effects of this feature if the enemy is suffering from Breakdown.

Rank 2: Duration +1 second
    Rank 3: Duration +1 second

Master Illusionist Daily Power

Weird (50 points)
    50' from your position
    Summons a massive illusionary beast that tears at the wills of all enemies within range. Affected targets will freeze in position for 3 seconds, stricken with fear, and build one stack of deception each second. At the end of this spell each target is blasted with a wave of mental energy that increases in power based on the number of deception stacks in the entire radius of the spell. Foes suffering from breakdown contribute additional damage to the spell's effect. Lesser enemies that survive the effects of this spell are stunned for 3 seconds afterward.

Rank 2: +5% more damage from deception, +1 second of stun on surviving enemies
    Rank 3: ^same

Master Illusionist Feats

Oppressor: Icy Illusionist
    When an area spell cast by you affects a target struck by both chill and deception, you have a 1/2/3/4/5% chance to daze all targets within the area of the spell for 0.5/1.0/1.5/2.0/2.5 seconds.

Thaumaturge: Aggressive Mentality
    Your spells inflict an additional 5/10/15/20/25% more damage to targets suffering from deception.

Renegade: Slight of Hand
    When you critically strike with one of your Master Illusionist powers you steal an additional 5/10/15/20/25% of the damage from the target as temporary hit points.

What this fills:
    With the combination of deception, breakdown, and slow this build allows the CW to control the flow of large battles while removing some of the damage potential. It creates a paragon path that benefits people who like being a member of a party and can be especially useful in dungeons and skirmishes where enemies are plentiful and stronger.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    hiddenfate wrote: »
    yup here goes my ocd. Challenge accepted!

i want this! O.o
  • Options
    borken69borken69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited December 2013
    None. They should have focused on having more classes from the start instead of adding conditional skills to the current classes. 3 feat trees and picking/choosing what skills to buy was plenty.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I should apply for a job at cryptic, what's the going rate for someone with an ocd complex going around shouting challenge accepted? :P