test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

insane lag especialy in dungeons

alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
edited December 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
is the game lagging very bad to everyone else? i noticed after update i can barely play a dungeon i get huge ammounts of lag is very hard to do anything especialy to dodge red circles, something changed is like my pc cant handle the game anymore i get constant freeze lag like ,i dont realy get it if its lag or a fps issue that i never had with my current settings and the nvidia reccomandation
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
    edited December 2013
    i'd realy appreciate also if anyone can tell me a command or smthing to check fps and latency thx
    edited December 2013
    thank you very much i noticed a decrease of my fps idk why and some realy nasty lag spikes ping arround 222 ms and freezes with a lag spikes arround every 3-5 seconds to 1.2k ms or 3k ms ....
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The game said it reset all your game graphics preferences. Could try lowering them
    when you're going to run a dungeon. ...Unfortunately, I tend to forget and get
    eaten by the strobe-light effect. Mimics are the worst offenders, btw. Not sure
    why.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
    edited December 2013
    hmm thx il reset them and prob im gonna disable demand patching maybe this will stop the fps drop also
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have a similar issue with MC's outdoor regions. Every time I'm outside the actual castle, I need to lower my graphics settings to terribly ugly levels. This has only been an issue since the patch.
  • bearthornbearthorn Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Before the Shadow Mantle patch this game was playable for me. Since the patch the game is now unplayable due massive cpu spikes causing the screen to freeze for long periods of time. Doesn't matter if I re-install or not same thing. For me the patch has broke something major in the game. I have a hard time even trying to adjust video settings in the options.
  • bajornorbertbajornorbert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same issue for me. Since Module 2 i have to turn down the graphics settings to low to get playable FPS in certain dungeons, the worst is MC. Since Module 2 was released i had to turn down several advanced graphics settings to low to get 30ish fps in dungeons. Last night i tried running MC and using the same settings i was getting 7 FPS, while i had absolutely no problem running the game on high, before module 2, with all sliders pushed to 150%-200%. To be able to play had to set the graphics settings to low, using the slider, and even then i was getting sub-30 fps in fights.

I don't know what graphics "optimizations" have you introduced with module 2, but my fps dropped from 45-60fps on high to 25-45fps on low. I don't have the best PC, but i think an FX4100 + HD6850 + 8GB ram, should be able to handle this game on high. I'm getting better fps in Metro 2033, than in Neverwinter, which is laughable, to say the least.

EDIT: A guildmate is running the game on an 8800GT and he gets about the same fps on low than me, so this should be some kind of problem with AMD cards.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I posted this in another thread already, that was being ignored so far:

Even the launcher is lagging. Ingame, the chat is delayed, every skill is delayed, inventory action such as swapping items is delayed, on top of that there is constant stuttering, sometimes even rubberbanding. I witnessed this for the first time, after module 1 and so called server stability updates. Module 2 however put the icing on the cake. It's never been as laggy as it currently is.

Before the fanboys chime in with the assumption that it's on my end... i have to say nope, since the game used to run smooth for me until mod 1 release. Other mmo games, (with better graphics than NW) are running fine. It appears to be an issue amongst every cryptic game. I tested STO, it laggs worse than ever. I also tested CO and it is laggy as hell, too.

My assumption is, that having 3 mmo's on one server cluster is what's really causing the lag. It's about time to get a single server for each game, since this clearly is a capacity problem.

But hey, they made sure every mob drops a lockbox... :rolleyes:

• bearthornbearthorn Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same issue for me. Since Module 2 i have to turn down the graphics settings to low to get playable FPS in certain dungeons, the worst is MC. Since Module 2 was released i had to turn down several advanced graphics settings to low to get 30ish fps in dungeons. Last night i tried running MC and using the same settings i was getting 7 FPS, while i had absolutely no problem running the game on high, before module 2, with all sliders pushed to 150%-200%. To be able to play had to set the graphics settings to low, using the slider, and even then i was getting sub-30 fps in fights.

I don't know what graphics "optimizations" have you introduced with module 2, but my fps dropped from 45-60fps on high to 25-45fps on low. I don't have the best PC, but i think an FX4100 + HD6850 + 8GB ram, should be able to handle this game on high. I'm getting better fps in Metro 2033, than in Neverwinter, which is laughable, to say the least.

EDIT: A guildmate is running the game on an 8800GT and he gets about the same fps on low than me, so this should be some kind of problem with AMD cards.

I have an amd card so could easily be a problem with them. Interesting thing I am able to run Tera on a fairly high resolution with most options on high to medium also using hi-res textures. Neverwinter since the Shadow Mantle patch having to run everything on low or off. Low resolution with still low fps and freezing. Something has been broken.