test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Expansions

djchristdjchrist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi I have a level 60 character from the first original Neverwinter that started early this year. My current spot is the laboratory. When does the expansion start for me? I haven't done any epic dungeons or anything as I believe I need to build up my character still but not sure. I haven't played much the last 6 months but would like to start playing again so just wondering what I missed.
Post edited by djchrist on

Comments

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    By Laboratory, you mean the Mindflayer area of Whispering Caverns? You can finish that or not as you please. The reward is a cool item (described as cloak but you activate it from your inventory rather than wearing it) that stealths you for a minute. Otherwise, completion is just to finish the original questline/gain achievement.

To start either of the new expansions, all you have to do is talk to Sgt. Knox. You can do both at the same time if you like, as they're both time gated, limited progression per calendar day. Since you were playing before the BOP change, you may already have epic gear. If not, go to the AH and buy level 60 blue items as they're dirt cheap, allow you to target which stats you want and the stats aren't that much lower than Unicorn Seal items. Doing that will give you enough GS to run the new content without much trouble and also start on the t1 epic dungeons. With good enchantments, you could probably run in the T2s with a good group.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same here just coming back after leaving around caturday. Are the expansions "Expansions" I say that in the industry standard meaning that you need to pay for them.
  • Options
    djchristdjchrist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yup I just finished the lab. I went back to Sgt Knox and got like 4 other quests. One was talking to Lord Neverwinter which I did. The one was about attacking Valindra's Stronghold which I believe that is where the expansion starts right? I have to go get some blue items. I am not sure that I got any epic quests yet. Think I may level up yet.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    There's Feywild and now Shadowmantle. They call the expansions "modules" here - so far we have 2 of them, (Feywild is #1 and Shadowmantle is #2). Sgt. Knox should have quests to introduce the modules...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    The level cap is still 60 right? I am in the world where the quest is Valindra but it never really says it is part of the expansion or module. I did see though that I have the Cloak Tower dungeon again so that must be the epic dungeon.
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    nice thing about NW is other than skirmishes you don't HAVE to do things in perfect order if you have the correct level/gear
    I didn't even do the lab at all. I probably will some day. faewild is limited by how much you can do in one day I imagine shadowmantle is the same way.

so you can do your dailies in both now then run a dungeon or two then do more lab. or alterate one day mantle one day faewild one day lab. or have different characters doing different modules.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    How can you tell how much you can do in each day?
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Feywild has three zones. The second can only be unlocked after at least three days running quests in the first. The third is unlocked after at least 7? days in the second. Each zone has three quest givers which only are available once a day. There's also a mini dungeon in each zone, which you can enter at any time but only get the chest if you do all three zone quests that day, or spend 5k AD for a key. There's also a weekly quest. So it's time gated in that you can only progress so quickly. Without much an effort, running everything there can be done in an hour or so.

Shadowmantle is similiar. Sgt. Knox gives a mini-dungeon quest and while there are more quest givers, besides Knox only three of them offer quests on any given day. Yesterday, Knox gave me a quest to kill Red Wizards, but not today. Not sure if that's repeatable.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    like the mini-dungeons in sharandar (feywild zone) where you can buy a key to open the chest in the mini-dungeon, you an do the same thing in shadowmantle. the only difference is in shadowmantle, there are arcane coffers and you can only get one gauntlet per day (one from the initial quest and then more after you complete the requirements in the campaign window).

also, "expansions" in neverwinter are completely free.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Yea I just did mine and it said come back tomorrow and the quest is red. I actually need a break anyway so that works for me. Thanks for the info. Oh btw, I did run one epic dungeon Cloak Tower, was fun.