test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

lag problems after update.....

alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
edited May 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
before game updated i hd no lag problems but after it i have huge ammounts of lag and barely can play especialy a squishy control wizz is it me ? or idk does other lag? is realy annoying i get pushed backwards when moving and have delay on spells:(.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    nbpanbpa Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same thing with my friend and I =\
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,983 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    New class + New Campaign + New powers + New Paragon Paths + new companions + new lockbox + new sale items + new refining system + new patch/updates ...
    Is it really all that surprising that we are getting some lag and rubber-banding issues?
    Is it finally a T5/U/T6 KDF Science Ship?
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Nope, just a McKrenim Happy Meal toy.
    IMPERIAL AUSMONAUTS - STO Klingon & Rom-Klink Fleet.

My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zpsb3deonfo.png
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Lots of lag here as well. Most important issues:

- rubberbanded back after CW teleports
    - char desynced and ported all over the place
    - shard of the avalanche disappearing without exploding when it hits group of mobs; pushing it takes a full second of lag
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Even the launcher is lagging. Ingame, the chat is delayed, every skill is delayed, inventory action such as swapping items is delayed, on top of that there is constant stuttering, sometimes even rubberbanding. I witnessed this for the first time, after module 1 and so called server stability updates. Module 2 however put the icing on the cake. It's never been as laggy as it currently is.

Before the fanboys chime in with the assumption that it's on my end... i have to say nope, since the game used to run smooth for me until mod 1 release. Other mmo games, (with better graphics than NW) are running fine. It appears to be an issue amongst every cryptic game. I tested STO, it laggs worse than ever. I also tested CO and it is laggy as hell, too.

My assumption is, that having 3 mmo's on one server cluster is what's really causing the lag. It's about time to get a single server for each game, since this clearly is a capacity problem.

Take care.

• Options
    skycrystalskycrystal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The launcher is lagging a lot as is the game itself. I was fine on Friday, but on Saturday (when tons of people log on) I got some pretty severe lag. I understand that there's a much higher load on the server with the players, but PWE should have realized this and prepared for it. Not doing so is just lazy.

It's not on my end. I ran the game just fine last night...it's a capacity/server load problem.
    Xiryn - Iron Vanguard - Protector Guardian Fighter - 60
    Lyssa Nadir - Stormwarden - Archery Hunter Ranger - 60
  • Options
    sirpantalonesirpantalone Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Any update on if this problem is being fixed? I have been lagging horribly ever since the update. I will get server not responding issues upwards of 20 seconds. My internet is perfectly fine, and computer is more than powerful. It's really frustrating when I'm playing cleric and all of a sudden my whole party has died because I couldn't heal them.
  • Options
    obsidiandrgnflyobsidiandrgnfly Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have had the exact same problems. Also, since the update my computer randomly shuts off while I'm playing the game. It only does it when I'm playing Neverwinter. Once when I exited the game my computer shut off with it.
  • Options
    yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I have bad lag as well. Rubberbanding issues, sometimes the whole screen freezes for seconds... never had such big problems before module 2.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Hell, when you're in PE, even opening your bags, it can take a minute or two to display the contents, and the professions screen can take an age to draw. It's ridiculous, I have taken to moving to Sharandar in order to update professions/tidy my bags.
  • Options
    userutf8userutf8 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    2.73 fps in Protector's Enclave after module 3... Really??? Nice work, guys! I was going to buy some zen, now i think I'll wait. Or, maybe, install other game and delete this, dunno. :-S
    ABSOLUTE
  • Options
    ohellkungoohellkungo Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    it's unplayable in dungeons now and 1 person just mad at me because i can't really save her... well, it's hard to play with all this lag spike. it's ruining me >_>
  • Options
    asriazhasriazh Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Things went back to normal for me after i set GfxSettings.MaxDebris from 300 to 200 and installed the latest nvidia beta driver 337.81. That driver seems to have a lot of fixes for Neverwinter, the cursor not disappearing while you drag items and use hardware cursor being one of them. The graphicscard i use is an Nvidia 650 ti boost and i use dx11 for Neverwinter.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Closing this for necro, and the fact we have a lag/rubberbanding sticky already in place.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.