test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gateway Auction Settings changed!!!

mazirachmazirach Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
With the recent MOd of the game, the Gateway essentially became useless to me. :( I could check my auctions, determine what I wanted to buy, while at work without being in game. Now.. THEY HAVE REMOVED THE ABILITY TO SORT ITEMS!!! -- I can no longer search of a good deal on an item on my tablet... can't sort to see how my sales are panning out, can't search by quantities if I'm looking for a bulk purchase... BASICALLY, THEY HAVE MADE THE AUCTION PRETTY MUCH WORTHLESS IN AND OUT OF GAME. Sad,.. I may stop playing ...:confused:
Post edited by mazirach on

Comments

• Options
    nimericnimeric Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I agree. The AH via the gateway is almost useless for buying. I used to use the AH all the time while watching TV. I hope they fix this.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Plus the rare tasks do not show up on the top of the professions any more. Very annoying.
  • Options
    zinetharzinethar Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I agree, the changes to the Gateway have destroyed its usefulness. I did all my sorting and checking through the gateway, now it is as useless as going to the in-game Auction House.
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thankfully, I have been playing more than using the AH recently due to Module 2 content, but this removal of Sorting in particular is a lethal change to Gateway and I can only assume that it is a bug.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I'm hoping it's a bug too but the sorting options are still on the my bids section so I'm not sure it is a bug. :(
  • Options
    bajornorbertbajornorbert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Also, there is another annoying gateway AH bug which prevents you from removing an already posted item. It doesn't seem to know the name of the item, because it gives the error message saying it can't remove the item doesn't contain the item's name. In-game i can remove the same item from sale w/o problems.
  • Options
    krailovkrailov Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Adding my vote to the thumbs down on the changes to the Gateway - it is making it worse, not better.
    Can a Dev respond to confirm this is to get people off of Gateway? That is the only reason I can think of to destroy the usefulness that WAS there....
    PS - KILL THE SOUNDS!!!

Might is not always right - the powerful sometimes forget that.

The Small Band
  • Options
    matheus555matheus555 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    every time whem i try to use the gateway service it says that an error hapened the acount permissions couldnt by find so what is happening is it a bug or anything could they come back to the old gateway it will surely be better
  • Options
    mazirachmazirach Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Please being back the ability to sort on the Gateway AH!!! You took away the ability to properly sort in the game AH a few months ago? I liked the economy in the the game ... it has drawbacks, but the point of an economy is to allow players to search for best deals , make decisions selling and purchasing decisions, and be able to obtain data to select the best purchase for them. THIS HAS ALL BEEN LOST.. YOU TOOK AWAY THE ABILITY TO SORT COLUMNS IN THE AH BUYING SECTIONS. Sad.. So sad that one of the best aspects of the game has been taken away!!:mad:

Maz
  • Options
    mungsumungsu Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Add me as another person disappointed that you can no long sort in the AH on the Gateway.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I was hoping the patch would fix these problems but nothing has changed. :(

can't remove lots
    can't search

What a pain. They removed everything that made the gateway great.
  • Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm fairly sure they accidentally broke it and that these are unintended changes. Still, I'm tossing my hat into this thread for pretty much all the same reasons as the OP.
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    spinningspudspinningspud Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just adding my vote to the "please put sort back" camp.
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Agree to add back the sort function.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    They're working on fixing the AH for the HRs to be able to remotely access it and to be able to place weapons/armor for sale as well as purchase it.

I can only hope that said Auction house fix includes fixes to some (if not all of) these problems in the Gateway as well. Thanks to the lag of items not showing up when I place them for sale on the Auction House, I now have an Apothecary on sale that, of course, I can't take down and wasted some AD posting up. Bleh.
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    drunkensotdrunkensot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 73
    edited December 2013
    There are some real amateurs working on Neverwinter
  • Options
    theosymphanytheosymphany Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Summary of issues thus far (and some new ones):

1. No selection for Hunter Ranger only items under search parameters
    2. Plague fire enchants are listed under 'Runestones' instead of enchantments (was fixed previously and now unfixed)
    3. Sorting buttons for AH items are removed
    4. Sound effect on/off icon not always present in browsers.
    5. Unable to take down posted items even when unbidded.
    6. Rare profession tasks now mixed with other tasks.
    Kaelac Symphony LaggyGamerz Community
    Guild and guide info

Module 4 Comprehensive DC guide |Module 4 MoF CW Handbook |New! Scourge Warlock Guide| NW Numbers and Mechanics guide |Crit, Power and DPS guide | Dungeon Delving guide and more
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Perfect summery!!! You actually listed 2 things I was unaware of. Thanks!!!!
  • Options
    bajornorbertbajornorbert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited December 2013

You need to do a forced refresh for it to appear. Clear cache + refresh or Ctrl+F5 or Shift+F5 depending on the browser. Although it could be solved in a few minutes by a web developer.

Possible source of problem: The cache buster variable doesn't depend on version number or last modification of the file, so cachebuster variable doesn't get refreshed on a change, or not enough characters change (most web browsers require at least 8 characters diff for them to refresh their local cache).
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Summary of issues thus far (and some new ones):

1. No selection for Hunter Ranger only items under search parameters
    2. Plague fire enchants are listed under 'Runestones' instead of enchantments (was fixed previously and now unfixed)
    3. Sorting buttons for AH items are removed
    5. Unable to take down posted items even when unbidded.
    6. Rare profession tasks now mixed with other tasks.

One thing that didn't get listed in your list, has not been fixed, I'm pleased to say. As of this patch (At least as far as I've noticed patch wise) we're now able to access ALL of our bags, not just the first bag and the profession ones for consignments. Woo hoo!

Rare professions are fixed too!

Plague fires can now only be found under the generic "refinement" but still cannot be pulled up under any other category.

I dunno about the sound button for others, since it's always been there for me.

everything else.... still needs fixed. But yay for some fixes!
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    7. I do not know if its a bug or intended, but as of the latest Winter Festival patch, it now seems not possible to log into the Gateway using multiple browsers. Any confusion is due to two different errors: one says that the gateway is "busy" and under heavy load, the other says "logged in from other location" or similar. At least one if not both of these errors are new and may not both be event-related.

The loss of this ability would make it not possible to play the new Sword Coast Adventures content, while watching AH and/or crafting in different browsers or browser instance, for example. Hence, this would be an unfortunate and undocumented feature removal, just when it is most needed.
  • Options
    theosymphanytheosymphany Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Appreciate the fixes so far. Just re-listing the active issues still on the gateway:

1. Sorting options for auction house lists are still removed.
    2. Plaguefire Enchantments are still listed under Refinement -> runestones instead of Enchantments
    3. Still unable to take down posted items from Auction House even when there are no bids.
    4. No longer able to login to Gateway sessions via multiple browsers eg to play SCA while watching AH.

Also wondering if there's an option to sort by stack size or a min AD range. This is particularly for items like runestones and enchantments where the first 400 shows, but the larger stacks will often not be displayed due to the limit.
    Kaelac Symphony LaggyGamerz Community
    Guild and guide info

Module 4 Comprehensive DC guide |Module 4 MoF CW Handbook |New! Scourge Warlock Guide| NW Numbers and Mechanics guide |Crit, Power and DPS guide | Dungeon Delving guide and more