test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Flame Class Feature Dmg Comparisons?

hombrehombre Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited December 2013 in The Library
I am currently testing out a Renegade build with full Shadow Weaver set. I am running Entangling Force on tab, Steal Time, SotA, Frozen Terrain, and AS/IceKnife daily to maximize dmg while keeping the most control possible.

Has anyone tested which set of class features adds the most dmg? (pref with a build similar to mine)
The 3 features I am choosing between are Evocation, Swath of Destruction, and Critical Conflagation.

Swath and CritConflag seem to mesh so well together, yet Evocation seems to add massive dmg bc most of the dmg source is from StealTime and SotA (which are also sadly the only two spells that Evocation affects).

From several runs of mixing up class features on Dread Ring bg, I found similar dps results with all combinations of the 3 features.

If anyone else has more concrete data on which pair would provide the best dps that would be great!! :)
Post edited by hombre on

Comments

• Options
    xnordicxxnordicx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Also have full shadow weaver set and mostly renegade..
    Did a few test spellstorm vs fire and from what i can see for solo play spellstorm is the winner easy.
    and i also lose about 450 GS to switch to fire did tests on celadaine fast rush alone.
    this is avg results from 3 tests on each setup.
    so until some one puts up a real good build its no way i switch for firebased.

Spellstorm 5min 50 sec
    Fire 6min 40 sec
  • Options
    starsk7starsk7 Member Posts: 36
    edited December 2013
    I'd make a case for group play MoF is pretty awesome. The unique debuff is handy.

I personally found scorch to be kinda useless, I opted instead to take chilling cloud, although when not in solo I dont use it much if there is another CW adding chill.

Ive seen HUGE numbers from MoF. However it often depends on getting that DoT to crit. I use Fan the flames on tab for this reason. I must say that it puts out great numbers due to having higher crit severity in renegade. You can also get great numbers from shard and steal time.

So my build is pretty typical in renegade, for skills i use

MM
    Chilling cloud (RoF for pvp)
    (M) Fan the Flames
    optional slot (sometimes use shield if need push, IT for chill, RoE for debuff)
    SotEE
    Steal Time
    (D) Singularity
    (D) Ice Knife/Oppressive Force/flame
  • Options
    freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 342
    edited December 2013
    The only way that I could consider swapping to a paragon path based on DoT would be if the devs design a better DoT system. Refreshing Rimefire can interrupt rolling DoT crits. IMO that is bad for business.

Storm Spell procs are my preference at this time. They happen often enough and crit often enough that Rimefire would have to do some really mean damage in order to compete.
  • Options
    erden123erden123 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    can someone share build for flame