test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Overall new refine system is more expencive!!

donmancinidonmancini Member Posts: 44
edited December 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The new refine system is much more expencive not as we thought drop rate of marks and stuff is so crappy that you have to buy them, after rank 8 you have to have 1 more rank 8, 2 greater marks, and coal ward. Now check the prices of the wards on AH. 100k for each mark gl trying build rank 8 from scratch GG!!! To make a lesser vorpal you have to have 4 shard wich are now at 60k each and more RP and a ward!! So how this is cheaper again? And if you a new player NO WAY you will have high rank enchnats even in 6 months only if you pay big bucks not like we purchase keys etc! From our guild 8 ppl left and more and more i hear say game become pretty harder to play and more pay2win so lots of ppl do leave. Its sad the game is very nice and could be much better for more ppl to play if the Devs werent so greedy.
So bb NW!!
Post edited by donmancini on

Comments

• Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The system has been out for a day. Give it a chance, are you getting the skill nodes/chests in dungeons? Are you even doing epic dungeons? (I have not, I am sure other people are too busy doing the new stuff to do more old stuff as well.) I don't know the drop rates but this system is clearing a lot of inventory space, that is worth a high cost for me, though I don't plan to buy anything above a green mark. (Well, on live anyways, I used AD for preview but I can just copy ten duplicates of my main to get AD there.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I'm honestly quite impressed with how they managed to clean up the inventory hog that was the previous system, while simultaneously monetising the whole deal enormously. It's very clever. Cynical, but clever.

Yes, to get the really high-end enchants it's now extortionately expensive, but on the other hand, an enchant is now with you for your entire career: reslotting costs almost nothing, and upgrading can be done in situ, so an R8 training rune can be passed down to each and every companion, and also sloooowly topped up with random enchants you find to boot. Likewise for all other enchants. Need crit? Stick any old blue in your weapon and sloooowly turn it into a decent one as you travel.

It's going to be very hard to get R8+, but overall the system is more good than bad. Plus SOOO MUCH MOAR FREE BAG SPACE
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    gems are a lot harder to get now and a lot more expansive to make...wards need to go out of game or marks
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am withholding complaint, as said above it's all shiny-new. But I am a little concerned that where before, if I needed a rank 4 and had 4 rank 3's on-hand it was a simple on the fly action, which was also occasionally useful for opening up an inventory slot in a pinch.
    Now, no matter how many of a certain enchant you have, you must wait until you get this or that.. seems kind of painful, annoying and not at all streamlined.

I hope someone makes a comprehensive guide and posts it soon, or if that has been done, then that I soon find it. =)

I get the basics, but I want to be sure not to waste any components, and to make the most efficient use of the ones I do have.

But yeah, it is certainly new, and we will have to trust that the devs have an eye on it and will address the pitfalls that show up.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I know that at the moment you can overshoot on the 'power' and it retains the excess (so if you need 2700 points to reach the next threshold but dump in 3000, once upgraded it's already 300 toward the next tier), but I haven't checked to see if this works beyond a single upgrade tier. If it DOES, you could pretty much just dump enchants into whatever you're working on and only worry about upgrading it whenever you get the marks, since the points would always be there: you could theoretically have an R8 enchant in potentia, that's actually just a heavily-overinvested R2 awaiting heavy mark investment.
  • Options
    twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Everyone has built up their own little (or bog) supply of enchants, but now there's a huge bottleneck in the requirement for reagents.

Maybe that bottleneck will settle down, or maybe it's by design to tempt us to sink Zen/AD into the process.

One thing I would consider would be to change all these different types of marks to one single type across the board to simplify things and save some inventory space. The whole process feels overly complex.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    we already closed a discussion on this earlier this morning since it's the same arguments that were brought up in the official feedback threads in the preview sub forum. please review this official dev blog where lead designer, chris matz, gives some insight as to why the item progression system was changed.

these discussions are not progressive and they just turn into flame threads.

do not discuss this mod note in the open forums. instead, send a PM to the community moderators and/or the community managers to discuss it. thank you!
This discussion has been closed.