test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Module 2 Foundry Republishing

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in The Foundry
Hey all!

Foundry projects are being republished right now, so many of them are going to take some to become available once again. If your project doesn't become available within the next couple days, it may be blocked by new required tasks for publishing.

If you think your project has been blocked from republishing, jump into the editing tools and check for any new tasks.

Thank you!
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• saerraelsaerrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for keeping us up to date, Som!
  • kellnaforiankellnaforian Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thank you for the update. How about not even being able to access the foundry and the message saying it is not available (on character creation screen)? If I understand your post above, this is the created foundries showing up in game.
    Campaign: Lands of Mirent Tusk
    NWS-DITF6RXSK - All Daily Qualified

Q1 - Dungeons of Mirent Tusk - 16 minutes Featured
    Q2 - The Legend of Prince Brightblade - 30+m
    Q3 - The Legend of The Lady - 30m
    Q4 - Finding the Way -20m
    Q5 - King Mirent Tusk - 50m
  • caloriencalorien Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    From the Known Issues thread:
    - Entering the first Foundry screen, then backing up to the Character Select screen, may temporarily disable the Foundry button. This fixes itself when logging in then returning to character select.

Try that and see if you can access it.
    The PWI info-fox formerly known as Mayfly - Dreamweaver
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Hey all!

Foundry projects are being republished right now, so many of them are going to take some to become available once again. If your project doesn't become available within the next couple days, it may be blocked by new required tasks for publishing.

If you think your project has been blocked from republishing, jump into the editing tools and check for any new tasks.

Thank you!

One might think you guys have learned from the "auto publishing" disaster of module 1...
    I suggest you friendly developers to scrap the automated stuff entirely and let people re-upload their quests if they feel like it...

I'm a little disappointed.

edited December 2013
    Calorien, No, I have done this a dozen times already.

• eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thank you for the update. How about not even being able to access the foundry and the message saying it is not available (on character creation screen)? If I understand your post above, this is the created foundries showing up in game.

Same here -- gone in and out of client and character select screen many times with different characters, completely exiting client and restarting -- foundry unavailable no matter what - has never shown since Module 2 release.

Edit: SUCCESS! - Got into NeverwinterPreview Foundry, loaded a quest, exited, got into Live and Foundry button no longer greyed out!
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    eldarth wrote: »
    Same here -- gone in and out of client and character select screen many times with different characters, completely exiting client and restarting -- foundry unavailable no matter what - has never shown since Module 2 release.

I got the same problem, i confirm this.

edited December 2013
    Has ANYONE actually been able to get into Foundry since Module 2 release???

Edit: SUCCESS! - Got into NeverwinterPreview Foundry, loaded a quest, exited, got into Live and Foundry button no longer greyed out!
    edited December 2013
    Same, able to get in now. I'll try to be patient as I wait for my quests to be published again. :)

edited December 2013
    Once again, profanity filter goes crazy. "PC" is apparently profane now. :rolleyes:
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for the updates - if you have to go into the Preview Foundry, that's less than ideal. We'll take a look!

Edit: looks like Foundry editing was down until a little after 2PM PST. So that's why the workaround wasn't working before then!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • meldan3nmeldan3n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Foundry ID: NW-DHB8ZOZDB

After Module 2 all my foundries were down, so I republished them.
    All foundries were published without any problems except one (my main foundry).

In "Last Published" it says: "Publish Failed"
    There are no "Tasks".

When I edit it, the Publish button says "Publishing is currently disabled for the Foundry".

What can I do to publish my foundry? Please help!
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    my featured quest "the silence of haydenwick" is not published maybe due to the new profanity filter. Can't do anything on this side since i have no accesss to it.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
    edited December 2013
    My quest is still not publishing. It's been stuck on "Publish Failed" for 14 hours now. :mad:
    edited December 2013
    Still the same after 14 hours! Absolutely game-breaking! Needs fix!
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i'm getting:

error during publish. Publish failed: log Project needs republish.

reminds me of "pete and re-pete went for a stroll. pete got lost. who was left?"
  • antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It was the same after Module 1, lasted a few days and they broke the already broken search system. I'd just leave it for a couple of days. Try the Ranger or something.

It is my understanding that they will re-publish all the quests themselves.

Edit: Mine have all been published now.
    edited December 2013
    My foundry got "unstuck", so I could publish it again. Unfortunately it was broken when I tried it. Looks like I got a lot of fixing in front of me. :(
  • antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    meldan3n wrote: »
    My foundry got "unstuck", so I could publish it again. Unfortunately it was broken when I tried it. Looks like I got a lot of fixing in front of me. :(

It happens, be so kind as to post threads with your problems. Chances are if you have a problem we all do. Last time it was chaos with the teleportals. ;)
  • atompenguinatompenguin Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    error during publish. Publish failed: log Project needs republish.

I'm getting this error on the first quest in my campaign "Spells and Coin". Everything else could be republished just fine but... yeah.

Oh, and I couldn't use bite. It has been replaced by BIITE for now.
    -Campaign: Spells and Coin
    --Part 1: Spells and Coin (NW-DHM3XQVQK)
    --Part 2: A Blind Eye (NW-DI3QTHZGJ)
    --Part 3: Dodo's Dinner (NW-DHPA8O253)

-One Shots
    --The Wizard of Eldeur (NW-DRKQNE4S7)
  • xetmk24xetmk24 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same error here - Publish failed: log Project needs republish. - on my latest quest City in flames. Previous ones work as always. Strange.
    Echo of the Ancient - NW-DT2ABLPD2 - The Wizards forces are pillaging ruins of the ancient, elven kingdom of Illefarn. In order to stop them, you need to lead your party through old, abandoned mines. But beware... you are not alone there...
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Are you still seeing the publishing issue? Or has it resolved?
    edited December 2013
    All is working well for me! Thank you for your updates!

• grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I still believe alot of featured foundries are still un-published, especially this fortnight's ones
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    my foundry quest has published. just checked it today. :)