test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please help analysis the necessity of Weapon Mastery feat

ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
edited December 2013 in The Library
I'm trying to boost up my overall dps through feats. Currently my Weapon Mastery and Focused Wizardry have full points, but Wizard's Wrath has zero point. Since using Eye of the Storm seems to be enough for critical hits, maybe it's okay to move the 3 points from Weapon Mastery to Wizard's Wrath for overall dps.

The AoE powers I currently use and can be boosted by AoE related feats and class feature are: Oppressive Force / Arcane Singularity, Chill Strike (tab), and Shard. (too bad that CoI, Sudden Storm and Storm Pillar can't)

My Critical Strike is currently only 616, and Critical Chance is 19.2% (with campfire buff). If without Weapon Mastery, Critical Chance will reduce to 16.2%. But with upcoming Dread Ring boon and artifact, I will gain 450 Critical Strike (Conjurer's Gambit boon + Lantern of Revelation artifact) so my Critical Chance can again be around 19%.

Under this condition, will my overall dps be higher if I move the 3 points from Weapon Mastery to Wizard's Wrath?
Post edited by ianthewizard2012 on

Comments

• ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Okay, that's a silly question.

Now I know the answer. Since my Critical Chance will still be the same (19%), the increase in Wizard's Wrath of course increases dps.
  • borken69borken69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited December 2013
    You can't do that anyway because you need 5 points in the first column to open the 2nd
    edited December 2013
    borken69 wrote: »
    You can't do that anyway because you need 5 points in the first column to open the 2nd
    I have 5 points in Controlling Action. :)
  • uurbsuurbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 449 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I have 5 points in Controlling Action. :)
    What for? /10chars
    Proud member of Dragon Clan - German Gaming Community
    edited December 2013
    uurbs wrote: »
    What for? /10chars
    For increasing AP gain to cast as many Oppressive Force as possible. I don't have Steal Time so I can only use Oppressive Force instead.
  • uurbsuurbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 449 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    For increasing AP gain to cast as many Oppressive Force as possible. I don't have Steal Time so I can only use Oppressive Force instead.
    Do you have "Fight On"? If not, choose that over "Controlling Action".
    edited December 2013
    Yes, I put 4 points in Fight On.
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    yourll want to keep your crit high, eots will only do so much. I would keep weapon master. if you want wizards wrath take 3 points from controlling action and put them in that.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
    edited December 2013
    grimah wrote: »
    yourll want to keep your crit high, eots will only do so much. I would keep weapon master. if you want wizards wrath take 3 points from controlling action and put them in that.
    Thank you. I wish I could do that. However, in my case, AP gain is more important than dps so I can't change Controlling Action's 5 points.
    edited December 2013
    After some considerations, I had decided to only give Wizard's Wrath 2 points and use 1 point to max out Fight On. Thanks for your advice.

After all, AP gain is more important to my case. More encounter powers means more AP.
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    you cant have both, so you decide. or stack crit stat to 2000
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
    edited December 2013
    Removed, because of lost context.