test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Shadowmantle pre-patching disabled!

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey all,

To prep for Thursday's launch of Module 2: Shadowmantle, we've enabled pre-patching!

This means that when you exit out of the game client, the launcher will reopen and start downloading the next patch.

See you in Shadowmantle! :)
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    that was some fast pre-patching. i'm all patched and ready to go!
  • Options
    valiadgrvaliadgr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Can't seem to get it started. Anything in particular from the options that should be checked on/off? Or has it smth to do with the fact that I just run the game through the .exe straight up and not via Arc?

Edit: Nvm it started after exiting the game client via the in game login screen which appears after a logout, it just wasn't starting via an in game Exit Game->confirmation dialogue box way.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    that was some fast pre-patching. i'm all patched and ready to go!

I'm guessing you have the preview server fully patch (or close to fully patched). If you do, it just copies over the data to the pre-patch folder.
    valiadgr wrote: »
    Can't seem to get it started. Anything in particular from the options that should be checked on/off? Or has it smth to do with the fact that I just run the game through the .exe straight up and not via Arc?

Doesn't need to be run through Arc for the pre-patch to show up and there are no options to enable it. You are closing the game out after logging in, right?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    to my knowledge, arc is still loading the old launcher. so all you would need to do is either run the launcher or run the game through arc which would run the launcher. once you're all logged in, you would then exit the game. after you exit, the launcher should pop back up and start downloading the patch. once it's finished, the launcher will close on its own.

after you've been pre-patched, the launcher will still pop up every time you exit, but it will detect that you've already pre-patched and it will close.
  • Options
    valiadgrvaliadgr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for the replies. Btw yeah I have Preview fully patched and it seems to be patching really fast due to the copying of the files as you mentioned dardove, although due to disabled on demand it is still receiving smth like ~1gb extra data. Anyway , thanks again !
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    I'm guessing you have the preview server fully patch (or close to fully patched). If you do, it just copies over the data to the pre-patch folder.

i do have the most recent preview server patch but that is in a separate folder, playtest. the live folder has new files in it.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i do have the most recent preview server patch but that is in a separate folder, playtest. the live folder has new files in it.

The launcher is perfectly capable of copying files between different folders. It checks to see if you have a copy of the file in another folder, if you do, it copies it. Otherwise it will download it.
  • Options
    jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The pre patch is started but then closing itself??
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • Options
    mycillemycille Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 42
    edited December 2013
    jintortle wrote: »
    The pre patch is started but then closing itself??

same here, it closes just after the downloading is starting..:(
  • Options
    l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yup same here

or it starts downloads 10-20mb then gets a crash error message

i sincerely hope this isn't going to corrupt my install, last thing i want to do is re-download this
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    if it starts and stops soon after, you're already pre-patched.

if you're getting error messages, you might want to submit a support ticket.
  • Options
    mycillemycille Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 42
    edited December 2013
    if it starts and stops soon after, you're already pre-patched.

I'm pretty sure I haven't got the patch yet melodywhr, i checked the neverwinter files but didn't find anything except the patch from today of 15.9 mb.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The Star Trek Online launcher pre-patcher does the same thing often: begin downloading pre-patch files, after about 15-20MB it just exits. Even though the Preview (called Tribble on STO) server files are all patched-up, launcher still wants to patch stuff.

It's all moot anyway: No doubt there will always be *some* patching on Thursday anyway. ;-)
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    That explains the un-started launch.
  • Options
    theosymphanytheosymphany Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Can you guys link the exact time that Shadowmantle will go live (like you guys do for maintenance) please?
    Kaelac Symphony LaggyGamerz Community
    Guild and guide info

Module 4 Comprehensive DC guide |Module 4 MoF CW Handbook |New! Scourge Warlock Guide| NW Numbers and Mechanics guide |Crit, Power and DPS guide | Dungeon Delving guide and more
  • Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited December 2013
    I guess it will be the usual patch times.
  • Options
    daz0neforumdaz0neforum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    yeah same here, the launcher starts updating and then closes after a while.

oh and what time do you suppose the patch will go live ?
  • Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Prepatched 3.3 gigs yesterday. Now during maintenance its trying to patch another 3.8 gigs.

I'm wondering if the prepatching yesterday was a waste of time?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    nwnghost wrote: »
    Prepatched 3.3 gigs yesterday. Now during maintenance its trying to patch another 3.8 gigs.

I'm wondering if the prepatching yesterday was a waste of time?

The majority of that you won't actually have to download. It will install the prepatch stuff that you already downloaded.
  • Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ah ok, thanks for explaining.

One thing I'm noticing with this patch (and pretty much every Preview patch) is that after running the game after the patch, it gets stuck pretty much forever on the splash screen with a "Loading" text at the bottom (and Material files reloaded vanishing fairly quickly)

Additionally, if I click the screen, it will immediately give me a window error message saying GameClient.exe has stopped responding. I find I sometimes have to run the game upwards of 10x for it to actually get to character selection (or telling me that the servers are unavailable), and once that happens, every game start thereafter is always smoot and takes me a few seconds to get to the selection screen only.
This discussion has been closed.