test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to establish connection to Patch Server.

creolejestercreolejester Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Since latest patch I have been receiving the following:

Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please Check your internet connection. If problems persist, please contact Technical Support.

I'm currently sitting here with 9.12Mbps Download and 1.90 Mbps Upload according to speedtest.net.

Is there something going on with the patch server?
Post edited by creolejester on

Comments

• nenthwenenthwe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I downloaded the patch and was on earlier, but then got booted and attempting to re-log yields the same error
  • naghematchinaghematchi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here, 1 hour ago i had not problems, now yes. I notice the forum is really slow too, maybe too many connections?
  • chaoticcowboychaoticcowboy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here, I was playing got disconnected from server and now can't log back in.
  • solari666solari666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The same problem here too. : /
  • gwalahadgwalahad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    announcements are a wonderfull thing, servers died, they are working on it.
    First foundry quest, simple and to the point : NW-DDBDRZFG3
  • lilliz1lilliz1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been trying to play another Cryptic game called Champions Online. I got the same exact problems on both games.
  • iripirip Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    This must still be an issue as I am currently having the same problem. :(

I would like to say that the problem for me is coming when trying to patch the Launcher.
  • razulinrazulin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having the issue as well. Sometimes patcher loads but can't login says "Failed to Authenticate"
  • byhembyhem Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the fix for it but I cannot create a new thread.

Go into Control Panel > Windows Firewall > Advanced Settings > Click Inbound in left list column. Inside there you will see, "Crytpic Launcher" If they are not lit up, left click them once and on the right side panel click Enable Rule. This will change them from grey check mark to green. If you have added patcher and the .exe to your windows firewall, enable rule for anything associated with Crytpic and Neverwinter.

As soon as I did that, everything works fine, came right up, and i'm in the game.

Thanks
  • wynarlwynarl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Awesome fix! Thanks! Also, if you are running Norton 360, it will be handling your Firewall settings. Here are the steps to do the same thing through Norton's interface:

1. Open Norton 360 (perhaps from your tray on the right even)
    2. Click "Settings"
    3. Click "Firewall"
    4. Click the "Program Rules" tab.
    5. Scroll down to "Cryptic Game Launcher" in the list.
    6. Choose "Allow" from the "Access" column on the right.
    7. ALL BETTER!!!!
  • cypher4realz#0615 cypher4realz Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    byhem wrote: »
    I have the fix for it but I cannot create a new thread.

Go into Control Panel > Windows Firewall > Advanced Settings > Click Inbound in left list column. Inside there you will see, "Crytpic Launcher" If they are not lit up, left click them once and on the right side panel click Enable Rule. This will change them from grey check mark to green. If you have added patcher and the .exe to your windows firewall, enable rule for anything associated with Crytpic and Neverwinter.

As soon as I did that, everything works fine, came right up, and i'm in the game.

Thanks

I have been experiencing this same issue for several days now. I'm a regular player and have put a bit of cash into this game, so I definitely plan to stick around. I have tried to do what this fix says but cannot find "Cryptic Launcher" or anything about Neverwinter within the "Inbound" list. I am curious if re-downloading the game and Arc launcher would correct this problem. Please help! I'm going through withdrawals here!! :(
  • cypher4realz#0615 cypher4realz Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    happytex wrote: »
    I am curious if re-downloading the game and Arc launcher would correct this problem. Please help! I'm going through withdrawals here!! :(

Alright, so I just got finished doing a clean install. It had no different results as before. I'm still receiving the same message, that I cannot connect to the patch server... :/
  • sevenwhite7sevenwhite7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Disappointing; I was looking forward to playing this game, but apparently not anymore.
  • maxquekmaxquek Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Disappointed, none of the solution works for me here..
  • shadow2561shadow2561 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I also have this problem. It's been 3 days and i still can't log in to the game because of this.
    http://www.hizliresimyukle.com/image/PHzG