test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What am i doing wrong??

donmancinidonmancini Member Posts: 44
edited December 2013 in The Library
hello,
My cw is thaumaturge (HV) 11,606gs int 28, wis 31, char 17, power with last boon often at 4700, crit 2041, arp 2165, rec 3515 all boons + cat.
i use Ref in tab, time,sudden storm, conduit, missles & pillar at wills and for dailys OF and singu.. I am doing good dmg but sometimes im worst than players with much less stats than me, before i was playing with power and rec only couse i read those stats are the best and saw ppl with arp over 2k doing much more dmg than me i went for arp got to 2,5k then i saw ppl with more crit than me and less arp doing more dmg than me but much more (big defrence in metere at the end) i went for crit then now i have 2k crit and 2,1k arp. Today in CN a guy with 1,6k crit and 2k arp same power less rec and same wep enchant lesser plague fire was a little bit higher than me so wtf im doing wrong??? I see most of the ppl that higher using this ball thing (shard of avalanche) i dont is this the defrence?? im breaking my head srsly i cant undertsand what i have to do more?? Pls help me with any good CW builds tips or w/e but pls be sure, becouse i read to many foroums and 1 says that another says this i dont understand srsly in WoW it was much easier for e.x you knew wich stats you want and the only thing that was to do was good rotation of skills! help me with rotation to pls if you can..
Post edited by donmancini on

Comments

• Options
    sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    No expert here, not by a longshot. But your abilities look odd to me.. "int 28, wis 31, char 17"

If damage is your concern, Wis should probably be the lowest of the three stats.. Int, then Cha, then Wis. Cha gives Crit and Combat Advantage. Raw damage boost from Int. The rest is probably in feats and rotation choices.. but I'm not well versed enough to speak on those.
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It is (partially) the Shard indeed. It's our most damaging encounter. Also this game is way easier to theorycraft than WoW, which is (was?) more complex.

You will find everything you need about thaum here:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?465221-Pure-damage-Wizard-build-Feywild

Rotation for trash clearing, as in CN for example:

CoI/Mastery, Shard, Sudden Storm, Steal Time. There are some variations to this, like using Chill Strike/Tab and CoI normal instead of SS, or using Icy Terrain instead of SS. A soon to be dead rotation is EF/Tab, CoI instead of SS, for AS/OF spam.

But you will find all the info in the guide, just read that instead.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    wis is 21 sorry mistake, well i went ofr wis after int couse of the CDs ty for replay anyway :)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    pers3phone wrote: »
    It is (partially) the Shard indeed. It's our most damaging encounter. Also this game is way easier to theorycraft than WoW, which is more complex.

You will find everything you need about thaum here:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?465221-Pure-damage-Wizard-build-Feywild

Rotation for trash clearing, as in CN for example:

CoI/Mastery, Shard, Sudden Storm, Steal Time. There are some variations to this, like using Chill Strike/Tab and CoI normal instead of SS, or using Icy Terrain instead of SS. A soon to be dead rotation is EF/Tab, CoI instead of SS, for AS/OF spam.

But you will find all the info in the guide, just read that instead.
    Ty very much, i will defently check the link and after thursday i will have shard rank 3 :)
  • Options
    uurbsuurbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 449 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Besides, what Pers3phone already mentioned, you should read Grimah's Comprehensive Guide to Wizardry for those new and old. and exchange points in Wisdom with Charisma. Additionally, depending on your feats, Chilling Cloud does way more damage than Magic Missle for a Thamuaturge specced CW.
    Proud member of Dragon Clan - German Gaming Community
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    uurbs wrote: »
    Additionally, depending on your feats, Chilling Cloud does way more damage than Magic Missle for a Thamuaturge specced CW.

Not 100% sure about this. It basically depends on your use of Destructive Wizardry/Storm Pillar, if you can use them efficiently and if you took the feat. If you use SP often and efficiently, and have it feated, then MM should only be used for boss fights single target with Chilling Cloud for the buff only. I had better things to do with my points, so I have MM at 1 point only, which means it never sees use. I don't miss it at all, after the months I spammed it as Rene.

Anyway...

If you don't use the Destructive Wiz. feat, you might be better off casting Chilling Cloud solely for the buff, once, and continue with MM spam. They're just better single damage and (I think) they also proc Storm Spell more.

However if a few mobs are neatly all staying together, sucked in a corner by a sing and stunned by Steal Time, you're better off with Chilling Cloud because of the splash 3rd strike (which has very small radius). It's kinda hard to test though :\

Also, switching at wills continuously is a chore and to be honest I cannot care less if I deal a million less DPS in CN or whatever, when we all know the true "skills" are actually in repelling (lame).
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    uurbs wrote: »
    Besides, what Pers3phone already mentioned, you should read Grimah's Comprehensive Guide to Wizardry for those new and old. and exchange points in Wisdom with Charisma. Additionally, depending on your feats, Chilling Cloud does way more damage than Magic Missle for a Thamuaturge specced CW.

So why chilling cloud if i go for full arcane dmg feats and rotation like CoI, SoA SS time, SP & MM - CC, isnt it better with MM for full arcane stacks all the time?? I will change my points and put more to char got it i just thought more Cds would be better but i got it now.. ty for the guide
  • Options
    uurbsuurbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 449 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    donmancini wrote: »
    So why chilling cloud if i go for full arcane dmg feats and rotation like CoI, SoA SS time, SP & MM - CC, isnt it better with MM for full arcane stacks all the time?? I will change my points and put more to char got it i just thought more Cds would be better but i got it now.. ty for the guide
    As I was saying, it depends on your feats and the targets. If are casting at adds (aka more than one MOB), Chilling Cloud does a) add Chills to the targets (which benefits Blighting Power), b) if you have Frozen Power Transfer it also increases your overall damage. And I normally precast Shard of the Endless Avalanche, I gain Arcane stacks from just standing beside it.
    Proud member of Dragon Clan - German Gaming Community