test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fix one Imbalance in PvP matches

astariadodfastariadodf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2013 in PvE Discussion
Ok, after having to Endure a Trolling Tool that said I was a weak GWF for 40 minutes yesterday its time to speak up.

Simply, winners of the PvP DOMINATION matches should get an automatic 1000 points added to their score.

Why? For one, this helps healers - and we all know they need it for PvP. Two, this is DOMINATION - no that doesnt mean kill all you can, that means control the nodes as best you can as a team. Far too many times I end up in matches where the red team has the top 5 slots because they are overgeared/overpowered, yet through brilliant strategy and coordination blue team wins 1000 to 500, 700 or even less.

What this 1000 point bump will do is take the focus of some of I kill you all mentality and promote teamwork. For the naysayers, well content. Cryptic promotes they are all about the content so make some PvP I kill all king of the hill free for alls in the future. That way it is all about the kills.

The other factor is it will help the winners who stay in matches where opposing team bail in first 60 seconds get a little more glory for the time. BTW, most of the bailers are of the elitist troll group. They see the lower geared pug and bail.

PLEASE do this Cryptic, I am tired of the elite trolls saying in game you are weak, yet consistantly never beat my score, or my assists. They may only edge me out in kills.

Edit: For further understanding - they say I am weak because I choose Destroyer GWF. Takes skill to be successful as a Destroyer. Sorry, but the OP Sentinel builds any trained monkey can do. This may point to another error Cryptic in the build balance :)
Post edited by astariadodf on

Comments

• Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I disagree with the implementation. I like the existing relative scoring. I am often at the top, or certainly in the top 5, of a losing score table, regardless of the gearing of teams (nor am I high geared). It shows who put in the most effort to meet the objectives of the match. If you see one red among all that blue at the top, you know that's the only guy who was effective for whatever the reason.

In addition, it is a team game. Nothing shows that more than achieving a higher team score than the other team, even if they individually had higher scores. Why would you need a random score bonus to flip the colors artificially higher if you already have the highest team score?

I do actually agree with the intent of the post, but it should not be by affecting the score table. Perhaps there should always be a separate reward for every member of a winning team. That way, high geared characters are not always the only ones farming Glory rewards no matter whether they win or lose.
  • Options
    berzergeraberzergera Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I agree at some level. If you get all 3 nodes capped, and gaining points from all of them, it should be at a faster rate. like 3x the rate it is now. Because it dosent make sense that when you have all three nodes it only gives you 3 and 3 points.
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's something funny i noticed too. I run a sentinel hybrid build. This means i can tank a lot, but i'm not a damage-absorbing wall of bricks like a full sentinel tank. This means i rely on my mobility a lot and disengage if needed. I rarely facetank.
    And i get insulted if i sprint dodge, disengage when assaulted by 3+ enemies or can't tank the entire enemy team alone.
    Newbies just assume EVERY GWF doing PvP is a sentinel tank, and if you're not nearly immortal, you're weak. No matter how hard you hit, they only look at how much you can tank.

Destroyers in PvP should hit and run. Your best friends are bravery, roar and takedown. You've reduced CDs on these babies. You can easily roar-takedown-IBS for huge damage, then use bravery to sprint out of range and avoid the enemy, then in few seconds you should have roar and takedown up again, so that you can run in again and repeat.

Maximize your mobility, damage and low CDs on cc encounters. Slot steel grace along with bravery if you end up against nasty CWs. Steel defense should be useful since your high recovery gives you faster AP, so it can be of help against TRs or other tanks that can survive a full rotation+ daily.

Avoid being caught in a Group of enemies or you're done for.

PvP kids tend to get mad when you're low health and can unstoppable+sprint away to safety. They somehow feel entitled to kill you, and if you don't stay there to get killed, they get mad.
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    chat should be disabled except Party channel.
  • Options
    xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Ppl just quit or go afk in the first 1-2mins if they are one node behind... that's one of my main issues with pvp atm!
  • Options
    spicenspicen Member Posts: 248 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    pando83 wrote: »
    It's something funny i noticed too. I run a sentinel hybrid build. This means i can tank a lot, but i'm not a damage-absorbing wall of bricks like a full sentinel tank. This means i rely on my mobility a lot and disengage if needed. I rarely facetank.
    And i get insulted if i sprint dodge, disengage when assaulted by 3+ enemies or can't tank the entire enemy team alone.
    Newbies just assume EVERY GWF doing PvP is a sentinel tank, and if you're not nearly immortal, you're weak. No matter how hard you hit, they only look at how much you can tank. PvP kids tend to get mad when you're low health and can unstoppable+sprint away to safety. They somehow feel entitled to kill you, and if you don't stay there to get killed, they get mad.

The reason why most gwfs spec to be sentinels is that the playstyle supports the team alot. You can prevent enemy team from gaining points even if you're against 3 enemies for pretty long. Even I try to build my TR to be more and more defensive to be able to stay on point longer. Getting top kills is just ego boost, winning the game is what matters. Holding nodes longer>more points for your team and less points for your enemies>win.
  • Options
    snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Want to make PvP more fun for all? Simply remove kills and assists from the Score board. Make winning simply about controlling the nodes and you will see ppl caring less about how many times they kill others.
  • Options
    jksgsakfsodshgjksgsakfsodshg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    And most importantly, make one pre-made queue and one random..!
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    snotty wrote: »
    Want to make PvP more fun for all? Simply remove kills and assists from the Score board. Make winning simply about controlling the nodes and you will see ppl caring less about how many times they kill others.

I wouldn't play this PvP at all.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    yaminaboyaminabo Member, Banned Users Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    i kill peeps
  • Options
    drsconedrscone Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    300 points for capping a node which is then immediately contested has always seemed a little odd to me. Capping and recapping often doesn't do that much for the team score, but can boost an individual's score hugely.

I like the idea of a points bonus for winning. 1000 seems a little generous however.
    Tele Savalas, Dwarf Thaumaturge CW
    Putting the Buff into Debuff since 2013 \o/ (Does that even make sense)?
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    macjae wrote: »
    The scoring system actually encourages activity that can run contrary to the interests of the team as a whole. For example, rather than fight a delaying action on a node to prevent the enemies from gathering points, even though you will die in the process, it gives you more points to run to another node and "help" a teammate cap a node that no one is contesting. Which doesn't help your team nearly as much in gaining the win, but it does pad your score nicely.

This is the point. They should give an equal or even higher amount of score points for defending node rather then capping it to encourage people to actually FIGHT for their win and not just racing around the map.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I completely agree with the OP.

With the current incarnation of PVP, there is far too much focus on individual kills and far too little focus on teamwork. DCs get the short end of the stick here, oftentimes CWs as well since they are only rarely on the top in kills but they frequently have the most assists. At the very minimum, I would say that getting an assist while killing an enemy on a node should also get the +100 points for node defense that the person who gets the kill receives.
  • Options
    kaoswpkaoswp Banned Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Why not just join a PvP guild? Then you know they are trying to win by capping... Just sayin.
  • Options
    snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kaoswp wrote: »
    Why not just join a PvP guild? Then you know they are trying to win by capping... Just sayin.

ROFL, no PvP guilds are trying to win by completely obliterating the other team. And from what I've seen they're most happy when they stop the other team from getting a single point.

I don't which PvP guild you're talking about but I'd like to meet them. BTW, gratz to being the guy that uses the obligatory "join a guild" answer.
  • Options
    methillomethillo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    How can you complain about some "tool" calling you weak and in the same post call a trained monkey and op to other people, i just don't get how you can trash talk about other people's build and complain about it at the same time.

I have both destroyer and sent gwf, do well with both most of the time and get high scores in the match and sometimes i end last in the score list, simply because my team decides to 3-man cap our own node but hey that doesn't give me right to ***** and QQ, most of them are mostly in green and blue gears so i if i get upset i do it quietly.

Silence chat, that should do the job... some people enjoy the trash talk and raising kill count instead of cap any node at all, but that's all we got now.

I hope some day they add more arena styles, so people that think domination is about kills could go quee in other pvp arena and kill the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of each other