test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Custom weapon enchant visual effect and multiple weapon skins

pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
It's already been proposed to make the visual effect of the weapon enchant an option, so that it can be switched on and off.
Weapons cannot be dyed and looks like the devs want to keep it that way/ can't change it.
In addition to the option that allows you to switch on and off the weapon enchant visual effect, i think it would be funny, to customize the weapons with 2 more options:

- weapons can come in a variety of different standard colors. What i mean is that devs could take the weapon and make multiple skins of it, just changing its color. SO, instead of being the players to dye the weapons, it could be the devs using the different dye packs to create multiple versions of the weapon with different colors on it. The player is able to decide which "skin" he want to apply, and switch from one skin to the other.
So, for example, if i get a sword, if i right click on it, i get the "change appearence" option, and when i click on it, in addition to the transmutation option, i get a "change skin" option. There, i have a list of skins, each with the name of the dye pack it uses. I get the usual preview of how the weapon will look like and i can choose which "skin" i want to apply.
Going to one skin to another could cost 2.5 gold or like 1k AD.

- weapon enchants right now have a specific effect applied to them. It would be nice to let the player choose the effect. For example, the enchant you need is vorpal, but you like terror enchant effect more? You can change the visual effect to the terror enchant effect. Or, perhaps, you like lifedrinker effect? You choose it. On top of that, would be awesome to be able to choose the color of the effect. Just basic colors like White, black, red, blue, green exc...

Could be a way to let players customize weapons without the need to apply dyes.
Post edited by pando83 on

Comments

• kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Oh yeah...now I see it ! dozens of flashy peeps running around PE.
    Dang, I still have in mind those guys from Lineage :P
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I like the skins idea... or any idea for more customization, but I think that visual effects should match the type of weapon/armor enchantment you have. The option to turn them on and off would be great though.

Armors in general have a fairly standard look for each class. The Fighter classes get a few pretty cool armors, but the rest of the classes are pretty much stuck with very similar looking gear. I would love to see armors sets inspired form different cultures and time periods for each class, and the ability to remove visuals for each piece of gear. Maybe I fell like going bear footed somedays... :)
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, thinking of it, the enchant effects idea is not good.
  • shadowonyxxxshadowonyxxx Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    That's a good idea! I think Pwe would benifit from this idea as well, cash -shop wise would be a good money maker I know I would buy those kind of visual effects but no added stats just pure good old fashion skins for your weapons & shields