test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Speed Swindle Feat

godlysoul1godlysoul1 Member Posts: 293 Bounty Hunter
edited November 2013 in The Thieves' Den
I was wondering if anyone had any info about this feat which is supposed to reduce targets speed 10% and increase your speed 10% upon crits.

1) Does this stack?
2) What is the duration of this buff/debuff?

It seems to me that this could be good for kiting GWFs while they are unstoppable until one could activate stealth again. Even in shadowmantle they get a gap closer, but there is a delay after it hits before they can attack again or move.
Post edited by godlysoul1 on

Comments

• Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Duration is about 5 seconds if I remember correctly, but it's easy to refresh. It doesn't stack. Sadly this feat is tagged as a Control Power so GWFs won't be affected by it when they are Unstoppable.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Oh wow, guess its useless then :/
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Not entirely. It's useful for catching running TRs and CWs. And it also makes you technically 20% faster against your running target. Run speed is the most reliable form of gap closer in my opinion.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Realistically though would that small speed boost be of any help for evading GWF while they are unstoppable? I guess another important component to go along with catching TR/CW is that this could be decent help with duelist fury mobility as well. The extra damage feat seems pretty compelling still in comparison though if it wouldn't be of any use to countering GWF.

Do you think combining speed swindle with this for a huge movement boost could do the trick for kiting sents? This would of course be with skillful infiltrator slotted and all dark enchants slotted in utility slots for movement.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Boots_of_Webwalking
  • Options
    larzyntlarzynt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    In a PvP build it must be stay on your side.

45% speed mobility + 10% -> Draining away 10% speed from your target means that you run 65% faster then your oppononent.
    Your Duelist's Flurry it's going to be more powerful in a typical 1v1 situation. Obviously it's consideres as CC that feat effect, this mean more damage everytime you crit your opponent.
    An already-known important feat for pvp build which will be more important next Schedule, when Duelist's flurry is going to receive that little fix.

In a PvE build it's kinda useless just because if you stay ambush you already have Action Advantage
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Hmmm. I can confidently say that I am able to kite Sents myself without the need of extra movement speed from gear. All I have is Sneak Attack and Skillful Infiltrator. It's not exactly kiting when you do it in stealth, though. But you do get to stalemate GWF's in general. I rely on Duelist's Flurry to do the damage I need to do. You need about 1925 movement (15% movement) or 1187 (10% movement) in order to see a noticeable change with your run speed, and very little gear sets give this bonus.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Awesome, thanks for the advice guys.
  • Options
    delita6delita6 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14
    edited November 2013
    larzynt wrote: »
    In a PvP build it must be stay on your side.

45% speed mobility + 10% -> Draining away 10% speed from your target means that you run 65% faster then your oppononent.
    We still expert sneak the paraqgon saboteur that the + 10% and if the character is half-orc has a chance to gain +10% movement speed for 3 s
    I really dislike this feat even I am a rogue paragon saboteur
    More and build something very personal then each and every one
    Harmony
    Server: Rapier
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Basically the deal is I want to make a pure DPS build rogue, but I would much rather take this speed feat than a 3.5% damage feat (at 50% crit) and lose a tiny bit of crit and then arm pen or power potential on the boots if it means I would be able to take out sent GWFs much easier, because in reality they are pretty much the only challenge rogues face when it comes to 1v1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mromSo3f4Dc

I would try to be running this build with shadow strike, lashing blade, and impact shot for maximum damage. However, this means I will be losing stealth feats and ITC to work with against sents. Hence, this is why I felt the need to increase movement. After closely reviewing this video, I can see that Curse was actually using speed swindle in this 1v1 against a sent GWF, and you can tell he was by far able to out-move the GWF, making himself essentially untouchable most of the fight. This is what I feel would be key to making a pure dps build effective in 1v1 against all opponents since GWF seems to be the biggest issue.

Also, it should be noted that it looks like the sent in this video doesn't have an armor enchant. Seeing as this is the case, I would doubt they have very high rank movement enchants slotted. Therefore, since Curse was able to still out run them by a longshot, it seems like against someone who would have higher rank dark utility slots, this extra movement would be crucial to being able to out-run and kill sents. In addition the thing to worry about in shadowmantle will be their cap closing at-will, but with enough speed it should be easy to get away from them while they recover after the at-will before their next hit. In my opinion this seems like the best option, since the only way to restore stealth against sent GWF after shadowmantle will be with shadow strike because they will be able to keep constant damage on you with the gap closing at will.

Also, as far as the boots go, they still offer a decent amount of crit and have the effectiveness of more than an additional 1.5 rank 10 dark utility slot. Therefore, if it makes killing sents easier and would help with duelist fury movement, I think it would be very justifiable to go with this on a pure DPS build to sacrifice the small potential that could be gained from gearing this slot.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Well if you'll be going for DPS just for the purpose of being able to tank and kite GWF's, okay, I guess we can have something that works like that. You'll never be able to kite a GWF with Sprint, though. You may want to use the following items and skills for their movement speed increase buffs.

- Boots of Webwalking: Big boost in movement, utility slot. Or maybe even the lesser blue version which gives 518 movement.
    - Arachnomancer's Ring x 2: +125 to Movement. Fair enough.

Do take note that you need at least 1.9k of Movement to get a noticeable difference. That's 15% if I recall correctly. Pair that up with Skillful Infiltrator for an extra 15% and you practically have Sneak Attack outside of Stealth. Pair that up with Sneak Attack in Stealth and you're effectively almost as fast as a rare mount.

But of course, it'll be hard to get to 1.9k movement as you'll be sacrificing a lot of other non-utility stats for it, mainly your DPS. Unless you invest in a lot of rank 9 - 10's.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Well if you'll be going for DPS just for the purpose of being able to tank and kite GWF's, okay, I guess we can have something that works like that. You'll never be able to kite a GWF with Sprint, though. You may want to use the following items and skills for their movement speed increase buffs.

- Boots of Webwalking: Big boost in movement, utility slot. Or maybe even the lesser blue version which gives 518 movement.
    - Arachnomancer's Ring x 2: +125 to Movement. Fair enough.

Do take note that you need at least 1.9k of Movement to get a noticeable difference. That's 15% if I recall correctly. Pair that up with Skillful Infiltrator for an extra 15% and you practically have Sneak Attack outside of Stealth. Pair that up with Sneak Attack in Stealth and you're effectively almost as fast as a rare mount.

But of course, it'll be hard to get to 1.9k movement as you'll be sacrificing a lot of other non-utility stats for it, mainly your DPS. Unless you invest in a lot of rank 9 - 10's.

Alright, this has given me plenty to consider as I decide what things to try. Thanks for the very informative replies. I'll stop harassing you now haha ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    No prob, man. Good luck with your build, and you should post it once you have the finished product. We could use more builds in the game.