test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Scheduled Maintenance - 11/21 7am PST (Pacific)

heyrogersheyrogers Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 180 Cryptic Developer
edited November 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey everyone,

We'll be performing shard maintenance on 11/21 at 7am PST (Pacific). The estimated downtime is 4 hours, but this time may vary greatly as this is an unusual maintenance.

We will be transferring characters that were accidentally created on Dungeon (the UGC shard) over to Dragon (the play shard).

When is maintenance for you? Click here to find out.

Update 1: (7:02 AM PST) Maintenance has begun. Patch notes are available here.
Update 2: (7:40 AM PST) Maintenance is progressing as planned. Still looking at the same downtime.
update 3: (9: 03 AM PST) Maintenance is ongoing, thanks for your patience through this extended downtime. We'll have another update hopefully in about a half hour.
Update 4: (10:05 AM PST) Maintenance has completed. Welcome back to Neverwinter!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dracomorbisdracomorbis Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Seriously your management is stupid. You wouldn't survive in the business world. You patch during prime time, and you don't give adequate notification of said patch to user community in advance.
    Nice job, keep up the good work.
  • Options
    caloriencalorien Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    They patch the same time every week (unless there's an emergency maintenance) and you seem to have an EU-centric idea of when prime time is.
    The PWI info-fox formerly known as Mayfly - Dreamweaver
  • Options
    shindenialshindenial Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Um...they are a company located in California on the west coast of the USA. It is NOT prime time in the USA, not even close. Even here on the east coast it is only 12:00 Noon. It's always going to be prime time somewhere in the world, and unfortunately that would appear to be for you, somewhere in Europe I presume. I highly doubt they are going to tell their workers to come in at nighttime to perform a patch.
  • Options
    dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
    edited November 2013
    Seriously your management is stupid. You wouldn't survive in the business world. You patch during prime time, and you don't give adequate notification of said patch to user community in advance.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. For the most part Maintenance does occur every Thursday morning PST, unless there is a reason to release an emergency patch. Every week we post on the forums, Facebook and Twitter, alerting players about the scheduled maintenance along with the estimated downtime. In the future you can keep an eye out for maintenance alerts via these outlets. Again we're sorry for any inconvenience this causes.
  • Options
    superjoint86superjoint86 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Going to cry about it, crybaby? Yea, that's what I thought. Cry more, crybaby.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Hi , you might find this link useful , you see the whole world isn't the same time as EU (see what I did there? xD ) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_zone
  • Options
    omuhaoomuhao Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dwightmc wrote: »
    We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. For the most part Maintenance does occur every Thursday morning PST, unless there is a reason to release an emergency patch. Every week we post on the forums, Facebook and Twitter, alerting players about the scheduled maintenance along with the estimated downtime. In the future you can keep an eye out for maintenance alerts via these outlets. Again we're sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

I do not know but you don ot have to appologize for anything of this kind since as long as i am playing here the maintenance has been at the same time, and for dracomorbis go watch TV, have a nap till it is over you do not have to be rude and insult the people who have given you the opportunity to play this game in the first place, they do this for us to be able to enjoy the game and ofc for the new players who accidentaly went on the wrong server.

Sometimes it is more clever not to say anything that that comment of yours dracomorbis. Tnx again for the great game and keep up the good work, and for informing us bout the progress dwightmc.

Good luck to you...
  • Options
    leonidaxzleonidaxz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    c'mon why isn't the server up yet? i've been waiting 3 hours allready...
  • Options
    hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    lol please next time you have a so long downtime tell us 1 or 2 days before. I will loose all my coin if i don't pray in 30 minuties from now. They don't expire, but after i must go out of home and i cannot came back before 4 hours, when it will be too late. Usually i don't have problems and can pray after the downtime, but usually it last 1 or 1.5 hours, not 4 lol.

Ty
    calorien wrote: »
    They patch the same time every week (unless there's an emergency maintenance) and you seem to have an EU-centric idea of when prime time is.

Europeans are players like you so they should have the same consideration as the others. I live in Italy and usually downtime is perfect for me 'couse it last from 16:00 to 17:30 and we leave job at 18:00 (I come back at home at 18:40 so i have approx an extra hour for extra maintance). But sometime some problem can occur if the extra time is so long like today. For example i will loose all my coin to all my 3 toons and i have actually 6 coins for each toons (it is not casual: i programmed to get coffer of w.a on friday so in the week end when i have more free time i can use that wards to carefully think which enchant upgrade)
    So, today i will loose the coins of a whole week.

Of course they play this game all over the world and it is difficult to find a good time for everyone, but for this it could be better to tell the player 1 or 2 days before that the downtime will be longer. If i kneew it, yesterday i could log in at 23:00 to pray and save my coins in 5 minutes.

So, please, don't say "you are only eu", it is not good to read this^^
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    leonidaxz wrote: »

Because it is scheduled to be down 4 hours?
  • Options
    omuhaoomuhao Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013

The first post says 4 Hours downtime not 3 xD
  • Options
    vandoomedvandoomed Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    First off, I would just like to say that I don't mean to offend anyone, or sound rude in any way, but...

It would seem like some people don't realize that Neverwinter is a free game, so it is only fair that PWE manages it just and exactly as they see fit, since they're not asking for anything in return. Even if someone has bought something with Zen, it was only their own, not forced, personal choice, and does not count for a regular fee. PWE doesn't owe these people to keep the game up at ideal times of the players. Also, implementing patches to any game is not always five-minute case, let alone an MMO as large as Neverwinter.

End of rant.
  • Options
    darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Asking how long til the server is back up has a 60% chance to proc a delay of 15 minutes.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
This discussion has been closed.