What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Best pvp GF builds

momotheboredmomothebored Member Posts: 46
edited November 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hi

Can't seem to find any posts on this.

Are there any very good builds out there?

tyvm
Post edited by momothebored on

Comments

• Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?95-The-Barracks

If you look in the correct section you'll see the GF builds.
  • Options
    mctankypantsmctankypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    DK's guide is top notch. You can't go wrong with the information there.
  • Options
    kaylos29kaylos29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    DKs guide is very, very good. My only disagreement is in a pure pvp build, I don't believe Cruel Cut Style is necessary. Crushing Surge has the same Attack Speed and does more damage than even a feated cleave. It also procs grit with the heal which is temporary HPs which procs Wrathful Warrior. This frees up 5 feat points for Wrathful Warrior. If you ahve a DC near, there is also a good chance you will have temp HPs. Wrathful Warrior will also see a boost with the new PvP Artifact that gives temp HPs once the new module is released.

The AoE on cleave I haven't found to really be necessary in PvP. Convenient at times, but too situational to consider using over Crushing Surge. The only other consideration is 5% deflect vs 10% faster cooldowns. If you are going with a squishier guided missile burst specced GF, you "might" want to go with the faster cooldowns. If you are going survival geared, 5% deflect all the way. Plate Agility os the more versatile if you have both sets of gear.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
    Daria - Dwarf Sentinel GWF (mistaken for Halfling a lot)
    Karia (aka "The Pug") - Human Combat HR
    Kayd - Human Conqueror GF - Retired
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Thanks guys you make me blush.... But in all seriousness there are several good guides for different builds in the GF section.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    Thanks guys you make me blush.... But in all seriousness there are several good guides for different builds in the GF section.

Most of them are buried and a little outdated though. Yours is pretty much up to date and spot on for anyone wanting a PvP Tank GF. There really needs to be an updated version of the burst spec. I know Ayroux runs (or the last time I saw him he was) 2pc HG/KC, as do I on my GF, instead of Timeless which was once all the rage. I saw one guy running a higher regen version, using youth blues in accessory slots, though I think if you want to go high regen, your guide is the better way to go. HG/KC is too squishy to really rely on regen. Better to specialize all the way in my opinion to better fill a role on a team.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
  • Options
    slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    kaylos29 wrote: »
    Most of them are buried and a little outdated though. Yours is pretty much up to date and spot on for anyone wanting a PvP Tank GF. There really needs to be an updated version of the burst spec. I know Ayroux runs (or the last time I saw him he was) 2pc HG/KC, as do I on my GF, instead of Timeless which was once all the rage. I saw one guy running a higher regen version, using youth blues in accessory slots, though I think if you want to go high regen, your guide is the better way to go. HG/KC is too squishy to really rely on regen. Better to specialize all the way in my opinion to better fill a role on a team.

Or The Hzarn build?
    2pc HG/KC give a bit excessive recovery and defense. Scroto's regen build is pure bunker as in guarding base 1 v 1 no one can kill me build. So it can be situational.

And the problem with HG/KC is that it offers no deflect, in high lvl play deflect is amazing to have, eventually GF have to be tanky first before considering any kind of burst, and u will never burst down someone unless u have p.vorpal and u hit ur whole rotation and all crit. Pug game is different though, I can put on my timeless hero set and still stomp people.
  • Options
    facexcontrolfacexcontrol Member Posts: 281
    edited November 2013
    Spider helm stacked with deflect , 2pc HG ( armor and hands ) , Champion Greaves of Youth, Berserker Youth rings and neck , defensive belt and Ancient or Fomorian set is the best Burst/Tank build for PvP so far.
    Goes with SF or Negation on the armor and Vorpal or Bronzewood on the weapon...

The Elite PvP GF's like Hzarn , RabidV2 ,Walker and etc. are using this build becouse not only that its tanky enough but it also has really good offensive qualities

Deflect softcapped - 1800+
    Defense softcapped - 3700+
    Around 1400 ArPen
    1200Regen - Depends of the belt
    1700 Critical - 20.5%
    3800 Power

The bad things about it are
    Low recovery
    Low Power
    Low ArPen
    Low hp ( about 2k less then the 2KC/2HG version )

But hold ur horses becouse the new update with the game-braking artifacts is coming and alot of new builds will pop so this build will drop out
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Spider helm stacked with deflect , 2pc HG ( armor and hands ) , Champion Greaves of Youth, Berserker Youth rings and neck , defensive belt , ancient or fomorian set is the best Burst/Tank build so far

I believe that is call Hzarn build perhaps haha?
  • Options
    momotheboredmomothebored Member Posts: 46
    edited November 2013

Where are you guides?
    Any links handy?
    tyvm
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I believe that is call Hzarn build perhaps haha?

Not sure , its very old to be patented by someone....

Im not using it personaly but i think its balanced
  • Options
    gctrlgctrl Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Not sure , its very old to be patented by someone....

Im not using it personaly but i think its balanced

Hzarn has been playing GF longer than myself, I think its fair to say its his build. I have not seen anyone running anything close to it until recently when people started asking for his build. Along with his feats, I now see tons of GFs with his exact gear layout as well.
    Guild: Lemonade Stand | Server: Dragon (Original) | PvP Forever | 1og0s
    * TWITCH * YOUTUBE * MY GUIDES *
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Low on deflect yes, making it vulnerable like just about any other glass cannon build. Well timed blocks, positioning/movement, well timed use of fighter's recovery, and good team play can help mitigate the defensive weakness of the set. You'd be surprised that at the difference 850 ArPen makes in burst damage, especially against heavier armored targets. CWs and TRs are like hitting target dummies. The recovery is good too, because you gain AP quite fast. If you have 20% crit (I am close), getting 2 of your 3 encounters to crit happens often enough.

I understand how powerful deflect is. My GWF is full PvP tank geared with regen/deflect. I originally tried to run my HG/KC geared GF as a hydrid of damage and survivability, but after seeing what WTFproned (Ayroux) could do, I went full ArPen/Crit with it and haven't looked back since. It's not a tank, but more of a guided missile build. I have been blown up by TRs and CWs that catch me out of position, but have done the same thing to them in return. Even if nothing crits during an encounter rotation, I can still rip off 3/4 of the life of most TRs/CWs. With good team timing with another TR or CW, even sentinel GWFs can disappear in a flash. I ripped off an 18K Bull Rush the yesterday with debuff assistance from a CW, and I had forgotten to reslot trample the fallen from running skirmishes.

Timeless can't match HG/KC in this role, because it relies on building crit instead of having it ready to go with the first hit. If they go crit, they have no armor pen. If they slot ArPen, they still won't match HG/KC for resist ignore and be stuck relying building it.

Now I haven't seen Hzarn's build on the forums. Maybe I missed it. I know of at least 1 high level PvP GF that runs HG/KC like I referred to earlier. I am playing on teams a rung below Lemonade Stand/Complaints Department/EoA/Enemy Team A teams. But I know at my level of PvP it works very, very well.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    gctrl wrote: »
    Hzarn has been playing GF longer than myself, I think its fair to say its his build. I have not seen anyone running anything close to it until recently when people started asking for his build. Along with his feats, I now see tons of GFs with his exact gear layout as well.

I have seen many people with Spider helm and HG/KC but different boots.

However i dont argue on that but the HG/KC combo has been used way before
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    gctrl wrote: »

I admit I was running 2pc HG/KC until I met Hzarn :P And I believe he is the first one I seen that runs this build after the stalwart nerf.
    Hzarn should have kept his build more secret, now more GF learn to gear like that instead of their Timeless hero lol
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Low on deflect yes, making it vulnerable like just about any other glass cannon build. Well timed blocks, positioning/movement, well timed use of fighter's recovery, and good team play can help mitigate the defensive weakness of the set. You'd be surprised that at the difference 850 ArPen makes in burst damage, especially against heavier armored targets. CWs and TRs are like hitting target dummies. The recovery is good too, because you gain AP quite fast. If you have 20% crit (I am close), getting 2 of your 3 encounters to crit happens often enough.

I understand how powerful deflect is. My GWF is full PvP tank geared with regen/deflect. I originally tried to run my HG/KC geared GF as a hydrid of damage and survivability, but after seeing what WTFproned (Ayroux) could do, I went full ArPen/Crit with it and haven't looked back since. It's not a tank, but more of a guided missile build. I have been blown up by TRs and CWs that catch me out of position, but have done the same thing to them in return. Even if nothing crits during an encounter rotation, I can still rip off 3/4 of the life of most TRs/CWs. With good team timing with another TR or CW, even sentinel GWFs can disappear in a flash. I ripped off an 18K Bull Rush the yesterday with debuff assistance from a CW, and I had forgotten to reslot trample the fallen from running skirmishes.

Timeless can't match HG/KC in this role, because it relies on building crit instead of having it ready to go with the first hit. If they go crit, they have no armor pen. If they slot ArPen, they still won't match HG/KC for resist ignore and be stuck relying building it.

Now I haven't seen Hzarn's build on the forums. Maybe I missed it. I know of at least 1 high level PvP GF that runs HG/KC like I referred to earlier. I am playing on teams a rung below Lemonade Stand/Complaints Department/EoA/Enemy Team A teams. But I know at my level of PvP it works very, very well.

Hzarn never gave away his build on forum or such. But if u do play close to that circle u see each other's gear or talk about it.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    We have a GF that runs a gear set similar in our guild. We did about evenly in our pre-made we ran yesterday. I still can't believe I forgot to slot trample the fallen. That would have been a 20K Bull's Rush without Knight's Challenge...
    Mindflayer - Exodus
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I believe a player should adjust his build to his personal play-style and have fun with it.

No doubt deflect play a huge role in PvP but keep in mind ArPen does also.
    So if u decide to go futher with one and less with other stat , is up to you.

Keep in mind the GF got some amazing feats on Protector and Tactician path , with unfortunetly only 10 points to play with.

My personal choice is 5%Deflect, 2AC= 1% dmg resistance and 3/5 Fight On ( with 1600 recovery my LS is on 6.2sec )

Crushing Pin is really op feat but since i run high ArPen and got a Pvorpal i dont really feel lack of dps. Its really unreasonable to lose that 5% deflect and in PvP you get the bonus 10% from Crushing Pin only with 2 Encounters...
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    We have a GF that runs a gear set similar in our guild. We did about evenly in our pre-made we ran yesterday. I still can't believe I forgot to slot trample the fallen. That would have been a 20K Bull's Rush without Knight's Challenge...

Are u sure Trample the Fallen even work? On my own test I found it to have no effect in all case. I suspect it does not work with Crushing Pin for some reason.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Actually, Controlling Pin procs on lunging Strike as well. Not only that, it's not only a 10% damage buff to you, but for your whole party. I have gone back and forth in my head on 5% deflect vs 10% faster cooldowns. I like recovery as well for the faster cooldowns and faster AP building. You can already keep people proned for long periods of time and by the time you come out of an encounter rotation LS, is already almost back up and bull's rush not far behind.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Are u sure Trample the Fallen even work? On my own test I found it to have no effect in all case. I suspect it does not work with Crushing Pin for some reason.

I haven't parsed it, but I do remember wondering why I wasn't quite getting the same damage numbers yesterday, so it seems to be working to me. Hard to test since target dummies don't go prone for me.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
  • Options
    edited November 2013

You can't test Trample on Target dummy's only on mobs/players as the target has to be CCed. Easiest way to test is to feat Battle Trample and have a CW entangle a target and then hit them with an attack. You'll see the dmg increase from trample & battle Trample proc.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    You can't test Trample on Target dummy's only on mobs/players as the target has to be CCed. Easiest way to test is to feat Battle Trample and have a CW entangle a target and then hit them with an attack. You'll see the dmg increase from trample & battle Trample proc.

So I did we try in PVP premade have a cw to freeze or et, also try on mob with 0 armor pen and full armor pen
    none of my test indicates any dmg bonus from Trample the Fallen, I only have the 10% bonus from Crushing Pin.