test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why does this game run like garbage?

commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 744 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
So I played in beta and I liked it but with no archery class, I didn't bother. Module 2 is coming out soon, so I figured I would reinstall and get ready. Maybe get my girlfriend to play with me*. Soo....

First thing I notice is that this game runs like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on my system, and I don't remember it running that poorly in beta, though I upgraded my card since then. I run every new title at or near max settings and they look beautiful. I even run CO and STO maxed out at 75 FPS. So why does this game run so damned bad?

I have:

AMD FX8150
6 GB RAM
ATI HD 7970

Like I said, I run everything else in the universe just fine. This game struggles to maintain 30 FPS.

Why?

*(Hi Em! You're awesome. Love, Rachel)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• zamerizameri Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 76
    edited November 2013
    People, everywhere.

Channels being full to the brim with dynamic AI wandering around, shadows, shading, textures, arguably looks better then co and sto maxed, more particle effects... lots of stuff.

Or you are just not running it right. IE, you have 200 tabs in chrome open, firefox, itunes, spotify, and another game.
  • zamerizameri Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 76
    edited November 2013
    Also, just because you have the "Best" Stuff you think you can have in your pc, doesnt mean you are always going to get 60+fps on every game.

Don't just look at the computer specs look at whats running when you are playing.

And, as the "Magical cure all button" restart your computer regularly.

This is the best advice i can offer for ya.
  • commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 744 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yes I'm obviously a complete idiot.
  • commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 744 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The thing is, even turning settings down and restarting the game doesn't affect this at all. Not the tiniest bit. I have zero problems with any other game.
  • overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    What settings have you turned down? I have a newer rig and was getting horrid fps lag until I went into advanced vide settings and turned "max physical debris" al the way down. Now it runs like a dream in every phase of the game and I only get occasional server lag when everyone seems to be on at the same time.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have an inferior CPU and GPU than yours, but more RAM. I turn off particle debris, but otherwise have everything at 100% or better, and do not experience the problems you describe. Sure, there are some instances where I experience performance drops, but nowhere near what you're describing.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Maybe is because i use a Nvidia VGA, but i don't have prob whit fps. I thinks this game is fixed for Nvidia user, to get the best performance whit them. My fps, even in protector, are allways at 60. I don't play whit all at max ( i hate shadow, so i turn them off ), so maybe is for this that i stay at 60 whit no prob
  • terhikkiterhikki Member Posts: 72
    edited November 2013
    Dunno, to my knowledge this game runs smoothly even with loads older setups. My mate plays with c2d 6420 dual core and some budget cheap very old graphics card and 2GB of ram and it runs smoothly, naturally he has to turn down things a bit.

edit: and I am all maxed out, haven't bothered to try anything lower since game works perfectly. i5-2500k@4.5Ghz + nvidia 560ti 448 + 8GB of RAM