test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crashing or Timing Out trying to "Play from Here"

docsc00terdocsc00ter Member Posts: 291 Arc User
edited November 2013 in The Foundry
For some reason, every time I try to enter a map (either by "play the map" or "play from here"), I get stuck at the big Neverwinter loading screen. Often I eventually time out and find myself at the login, though a couple of times I've crashed out after several minutes. This happens even if I've started creating a new quest from scratch and simply loaded a blank flat map. I'm only actually getting into the map about 1/10 attempts.

I've tried trouble-shooting things on my end, but can't figure out what's wrong. I can certainly play the regular game just fine, at high settings, etc. My problem is just in the Foundry.

I switched to a different computer. I even went over to my office, loaded the game on my desktop there, and tried it with a totally different Internet connection. Once again, I can play the game fine, but can't enter a map to edit in the Foundry.

Anyone else having problems like this? Suggestions? As of now, the Foundry is essentially unworkable for me... and I'm bummed. (Especially after all the recent downtime.)
Post edited by docsc00ter on

Comments

• Options
    zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    :( Sorry to hear you're having this trouble, and i have no idea what to suggest that you haven't already tried. You might try posting this in the technical support forum and/or submitting a ticket. But, be warned, tickets take a couple weeks to hear back.
  • Options
    hercooles130uscghercooles130uscg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am getting this as well, 4 months later. I can only get in and edit my map once every 5 or 6 tries.
    bdayaffair_zps6675e60e.png
  • Options
    meldan3nmeldan3n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same here, I don't know what triggers it.
    Especially when I'm in and in Edit Mode, and then I deactivate the Edit Mode which forces the map to reload, the timeout/crash rate is 100 %.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I see the timeout counter nearly everytime, but it usually start/finishes after 10-15 seconds or so.

2 Million+ players and not powerful enough Foundry server hardware??
  • Options
    ephirollephiroll Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I've had this problem for months also and keep expecting it to be fixed each patch. However, I've messed with it and found something, that for me at least, reduces the incidence of this. Save the project, back out to the main editor menu, then go back into the project and 'play from here' without doing anything else. For me, it seems to work fine 90% of the time when I first enter the project, but fails to work nearly 100% of the time if I go into 3d, back out, and then try to again or if I mess around for more than 5 minutes or so in 2d before entering 3d. It's another bug that seems to show up the longer the client is open, but in this case the longer the 2d editor itself is open.