test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mount.... question....

grandinatagrandinata Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 74
edited November 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
question:
if I buy a mount (white tiger) can I use it with all the characters in my account or only the first one that uses it?
thanks 4 answers
sorry 4 my eng :p
Post edited by grandinata on

Comments

• dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Mounts bought in the zen store are account wide so all characters can use it.
  • grandinatagrandinata Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 74
    edited November 2013
    TY Dardove 4 the fast answer ;)
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Oh really? Are store companions the same way?
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    thesensai wrote: »

No.

For the record, there is blue text in the description of every zen store item that tells you this info.
  • rortierortie Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    thesensai wrote: »

Unfortunately not. Only companions that come with the packs (HotN, GoN & KotF) are account wide, as far as I know. In some ways, the packs can be considered good value if you also have lots of character slots!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Young people....." - Erik Lehnsherr
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    rortie wrote: »
    Unfortunately not. Only companions that come with the packs (HotN, GoN & KotF) are account wide, as far as I know. In some ways, the packs can be considered good value if you also have lots of character slots!

Even though you named the packs, just to clarify against confusion for others that may not know: this excludes start packs. Luckily, every pack has descriptions on the companions if they're account wide or a single pick up. It'd be awesome if the portal hound companion could be account wide. Dang thing is fricking cute.
    contents to be decided
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    syka08 wrote: »
    Even though you named the packs, just to clarify against confusion for others that may not know: this excludes start packs. Luckily, every pack has descriptions on the companions if they're account wide or a single pick up. It'd be awesome if the portal hound companion could be account wide. Dang thing is fricking cute.

I'm an alt-o-holic so I always go with packs :)

As other have said, check the "small print" if a companion/mount are account wide or not.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • firesoforkfiresofork Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So much misinformation...

When you purchase a mount from the store you can pick it up on all of your characters. I just did it this morning.
  • denverralphydenverralphy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    firesofork wrote: »

When you purchase a mount from the store you can pick it up on all of your characters. I just did it this morning.

Misinformation? I think everybody said the same thing.
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013

What misinformation?
    Mounts in ZEN stores - all characters
    Then the question was ask about companions.
    Companions in packs (Knights of the Fey and such BUT NOT starter pack companions) are also account wide.

Companions purchase individually from Zen store are SINGLE use.

That is what people have been saying.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • caycepollardcaycepollard Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2013

So much misreading. :rolleyes:
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    IGN is still running a promo where you sign up for Prime for one month, and all your characters you have or will ever make, will receive a green-quality cleric companion. IIRC, there was another promo where you could get a green-quality wizard companion, (I think it was from Logitech or Newegg), and there was a Polish magazine that gave all your characters a Drow assassin companion...

Link: http://www.ign.com/prime/promo/neverwinter
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • sevdaisevdai Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    IGN is still running a promo where you sign up for Prime for one month, and all your characters you have or will ever make, will receive a green-quality cleric companion. IIRC, there was another promo where you could get a green-quality wizard companion, (I think it was from Logitech or Newegg), and there was a Polish magazine that gave all your characters a Drow assassin companion...

It was if you bought one of the specified Logitech items from Newegg. I got a new mouse and the code for the Archmage's Apprentice Companion.
  • grandinatagrandinata Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 74
    edited November 2013
    SUMMARY:
    if i buy a mount to the zen market , i use it to my cw ..... after i can use the same mount to my tr or any other character in my account.
    right?
  • bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    grandinata wrote: »
    SUMMARY:
    if i buy a mount to the zen market , i use it to my cw ..... after i can use the same mount to my tr or any other character in my account.
    right?

Yes , with Zen store mounts each character you make can claim it, so if you have 10 characters ALL can claim and use the mount and any new characters created in the future after purchase can also redeem the mount and use it too.

When you purchase it, you go to the Zen store in game on any other characters and find the mount and it will have no cost, just a 'claim' button

i think this is were some of the confusion lies, its not a 1 character mount for 1 account, ALL characters can claim and use it on the same account

So although at first the mounts look expensive, if you have 2 or more characters they are actually quite cheap in the long run, in fact there cheaper than some 1 character only use mounts in the Auction House, its just a shame Zen store companions are not account wide as they cost around the same price.

Btw OP i have the White Tiger mount too :)
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »

Newegg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16800993007
    contents to be decided