test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestions on how to make chosen deities more interactable

arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
It has been asked that our initial choice in deity would effect our character more, more than just a title. I have been thinking about this for awhile and I've come up with some ideas that I would like to see possibly added.

1. Non class specific pargon paths based on your chosen deity

Now this is one of my favorite ideas. Wouldn't it be cool to have even your non-DC class choice more religious?

I would want my TR to be blessed with aid by Tymora, the god of luck, or my GWF blessed with aid from Torm, the god of law.

Example:
"Follower of Tymora"

At-Will: Tymora's Coin: Flip Tymora's coin, and mark the target to either reduce a targets damage resistance or damage dealt by X%. A 50-50 chance.

Encounter: Tymora's Dice: Tymora rolls her dice to decide your fate. When a certain number is rolled you obtain a specific buff.

When you roll:

1: Increased Power
2: Increased Critical chance
3: Increased Armor pen.
4: Increased Defense
5: Increased Deflect
6: Increased HP

by X%

Daily: Tymora's Favored: Tymora acknowledges the cause of you and your allies. The enemy seems to always miss when they attack you and your allies and, you and your allies seem to be able to devistatingly hit your enemies with little effort.

Increase you and nearby allies Deflect by x%, Deflect severity by x%, Critical chance by x%, and Critical Severity x%

I would put Class features and Feats but, I think you get the point. Just trying to give an example so you can get an idea of what I'm talking about.

2. Invoking Deity specific rewards

Such as "Potion of Selune" giving you unique stat increases. Unique items from your Deities when you invoke.

3. Fashion Items based on your deities.

Now I can't really say much on this one because it's already been in play a couple of times in certain events.

That's all I can think of right now. Feel free to leave Constructive feedback. You may also add on more suggestions as well.

I also realize that some of this, if not all of this, may or may not be added.
Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
Post edited by arcmoon99 on

Comments

• serengettiserengetti Member Posts: 77
    edited November 2013
    What about people who don't want to be associated with religion?
  • ichikuraichikura Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    there could be a none option...neverwinter atheists?
  • arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    serengetti wrote: »
    What about people who don't want to be associated with religion?
    Than you never invoke and you don't use any thing mentioned above lol.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I like the idea. Making the deities matter is important. But... I'm sorry, I'm going to tell you my opinion on why I don't think it will work.

Concerned with balancing. If the abilities are good, then they might become the best for min/maxers. Players could feel forced to choose a certain deity for each class. If they aren't good, then why bother. This risks turning deities into gear.

On the flip side, I could also see this being a bane to RPers. Some just chose a placeholder deity because they couldn't pick the one they wanted. It had no affect on gameplay, so it didn't matter. Making it matter after the fact could be unwelcome. At the very least, making deities this important needs to wait until we have a wider selection.

On top of that... I don't think the paragon paths are possible. They seem to be struggling to add the planned paragon paths.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • serengettiserengetti Member Posts: 77
    edited November 2013
    arcmoon99 wrote: »
    Than you never invoke and you don't use any thing mentioned above lol.

In that case: downvoting so it won't get implemented.
  • aunlaeaunlae Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Everyday you can invoke your dislike for deities to get bonuses. THE POWER OF ATHEISM.. :P
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ichikura wrote: »
    there could be a none option...neverwinter atheists?

your character could have been raised as a deity follower but never invokes. that would be the definition of a neverwinter atheist in the current configuration.
  • mctankypantsmctankypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If you were an atheist that'd be easy. You'd go talk to a guy that knows a guy who works for another guy.
    That guy would pay you for information which would garner you the same incentives as the rest of the deity folks.
    On the flip side, you'd never be able to get an angel.
    Just saying.