test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What are your Neverwinter wishlists?

rehabrosesrehabroses Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
This is my ranty wishlist.

I think this game has potential but it's a money pit. It's not polished, way too many exploits in dungeons and making weapon enchantments is awful. Coalescent wards are too expensive and no guarantees you will get any from just praying.

Why is everything so expensive in this game?

So other than that here is my wishlist-

1. Drop some lvl 6-7's enchantments in the tougher dungeons.

2. If guardian fighter isn't going to be fixed, why not make either less threat enchantments or runestones to throw on companions or more threat enchantments. It's annoying that GWF is going to get increased value in the latest patch while guardian fighter still isn't going to be improved.

3. Scrap Guardian fighters and give those who are lvl 60 and spent wasted time and money to get their character to something that is still worthless at least 1 million astral diamonds. Then just turn them into Great Weapon fighters.

4. Balance out gameplay so that diversity makes a good dungeon run. I run with 4 control wizards on my control wizard and a DC. The dungeons go way faster with this setup and minimal deaths.
5. Make the dungeons actually reasonable and fix the mobs. As a tank it's stupid that my job is to kite around 30+ mobs just running around. Weee...how freaking boring!

6. Lower the costs on all products in the zen market. Why should anyone be paying that much for a game that isn't even polished? Oh so I've respecced wayyy too many times to count for GF thinking it must be my spec but guess what? It wasn't. We should get a free respec at the end of the month.

7. Put lesser weapon enchantments and armor enchantments on sale at the zen market.
8. Lower the cost of upgrading mounts. 2 million? Really? So if I want to upgrade my green mount to epic, that will be 4 million.

9. Set up a reward system for those who actually do buy stuff with zen.

10. Why are there crappy enchantments on sale at the vendor for way more than on the AH?

11. Increase the coins earned in dungeons. Weee....let's run over the coins so we can get 2-5 copper in an epic dungeon!!! I hope module 2 isn't going to stay the same in that area.

12. Let us dye mounts.

13. Black unicorn. Not with puffy purple clouds. Maybe some fire coming out of it's horn.

14. All except Castle Never states 45 minutes to run a dungeon however if you're doing it without exploits, Spellplague can take 2 hours. Give the real time it takes to run a dungeon or a time frame like 45 minutes to 2 hours. The only time I've seen 45 minutes to be accurate for alot of the tier 2's is if there were majority control wizard, skipping alot or exploiting.

If exploits are the way to go, why not add a tutorial for new players on how to cheat the system? ;)

Now what are your wishes?
Post edited by rehabroses on

Comments

• Options
    serengettiserengetti Member Posts: 77
    edited November 2013
    My main 'wish': stop making campaigns focused on endless, repetitive daily quests.
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I only see that this new patch , given the changes in cw , will enhance the gf while tank ?

good, my desires :

- almost deadly traps , enhancing the function of the rogue .

doors or stones that may open by force, or by giant sword ... ( if there is anyone in the skilled group , this will lead the party for the hard way ... full of deadly traps ... hahha )

- Companions invoked during dungeons for interaction cw / dc ( golem , cyclops , etc. ) .

- option " head shot " for the HR against certain enemies before the start of the fight .

- correlations between the different classes of encounters . For example, a battle fury to regain guard of gf , or smoke bomb increasing fire damage cw ( explosive effect , whatever ) .

- avalanch of the steel gwf of the manual option would reduce the area of the attack by 25% , increasing damage to the same extent .

feat - destroyer increase +1 % damage per stack ,

- Which , at the time of crescendo, gwf / gf yell TAKE THIS! ... would be cool .

count " paingiver " / etc being shown only at the end of dd . there are certain merits that , by not be quantified , just forgotten .
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Scrap the existing Epic Dungeons and replace them with new ones, not just scaled up versions of the story dungeons. The additional epics, CN, GGs and MC have actual reasons for level 60s to be doing them. Make the gearing up dungeons be new. Failing that, Readjust the encounters and adds back to what the story dungeons have.

Better drops from trash mobs. Better drops in skill nodes and chests. You can get the same loot from trash in Sharandar as you can in an epic dungeon. Worse, the loot in skill nodes and chests is worse than that. (though Module 2 does add a chance of refining items in both nodes and chests, blue ones in epic dungeons)

Change the way that mobs get scaled up for party content so that they don't have instant cooldown on powers. Marsh Mystics in the Skyhold skirmish, Flamespikers in Karru, Battle Wights in the current CTA can just spam obnoxious powers.

Beyond the party content, I'd like to see inventory tabs for mounts and fashions especially since so many events are providing one or both. 'Middle Class' fashion items craftable and/or available for gold. Transmute skins for armor at reasonable AD prices, dungeon/quest drops, as event rewards. Make the existing unique appearance items that drop in story quests all BOE, especially since they are random drops. (thinking of the GF Lolth armor from Spider Nest in Rothe Valley, for instance.)

I don't know what the details on the new shirts and pants are going to be, but I like it if they just made shirts have three display settings (hidden, bare midriff, full) for both male and female chars. Pants would have two options (hidden, visible.)

More quests in the module zones. Seven quests in each of the Sharandar zones really sucks when you have to do the second zone nine days to complete it.

Permanent leveled zones/dungeons so high level characters can adventure with lower level friends without hogging all the glory.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    kingslayer74kingslayer74 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 75
    edited November 2013
    rehabroses wrote: »
    This is my ranty wishlist.

4. Balance out gameplay so that diversity makes a good dungeon run. I run with 4 control wizards on my control wizard and a DC. The dungeons go way faster with this setup and minimal deaths.

5. Make the dungeons actually reasonable and fix the mobs. As a tank it's stupid that my job is to kite around 30+ mobs just running around. Weee...how freaking boring!

Now what are your wishes?

Those two right there! To me that should be the priority fix to make this game more than just a casual game. Make it so you WANT to run group dungeons because it feels satisfying to the player. If players take 4+1 class "roles" into a dungeon and a) there's no threat of character death and b) you don't even notice you're missing [insert class role here] then it gives the feeling to the players that the game content is way too easy.

When was the last time a player in Neverwinter said "We need a Guardian Fighter to run this end-game dungeon or we won't survive"? /spoiler You can get by without one /spoiler