test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

People still running 4 man CN runs?

pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
edited November 2013 in PvE Discussion
Just looking to see how many people are still doing this after the CN fixes a few weeks back?

Today I had my first attempt after that patch.. And after a few wipes at Draco we managed to get it done...
The party was 2 CWs 1 GWF and 1 DC..
So just seeing how popular these runs are..
Lets say you do a greed run then it increases your chance at getting a drop by only 5%.. So I'm not even sure the extra time to do a 4 man over the 5 man is worth it..

Any thoughts??
Post edited by pandapaul on

Comments

• degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Four guys in our guild 4-man it about 6-10 times a day. And yes, they do it because of loot and such.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • srdjanasrdjana Banned Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Not everyone is EoA ( thank god for that )
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    srdjana2 wrote: »
    Not everyone is EoA ( thank god for that )

You should ask for lube next time.
  • erikiki1erikiki1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    6-8 split runs of 4-man, half a million AD per day. EZ.
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    pandapaul wrote: »
    Just looking to see how many people are still doing this after the CN fixes a few weeks back?

Today I had my first attempt after that patch.. And after a few wipes at Draco we managed to get it done...
    Lets say you do a greed run then it increases your chance at getting a drop by only 5%.. So I'm not even sure the extra time to do a 4 man over the 5 man is worth it..

Any thoughts??

It is more for the split runs.

I run with a group and we split the loot, splitting on 4 is more profitable than splitting on 5.
  • erikiki1erikiki1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    yGRtJ59.jpg

3-man, after burning gazillion kits, greater stone of health, buff potions, hero's feast, scroll of life
  • twinkjetwinkje Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013

Any thoughts??

I'm still impressed when I read such posts.

We haven't managed to beat the Draco with a party of 2 CW, 1 TR, 1 DC and 1 GF.
    I only see videos on Youtube with 3 CWs. What does it make such a big difference given that all of us have about 12k GS?

We run all the other dungeons without any problems but the Draco is still a no go since a single mistake is a wipe.
  • grungebrmpkgrungebrmpk Member, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I was wondering that, what is the minimum GS for a 4-men CN run?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • silentscream90silentscream90 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I was wondering that, what is the minimum GS for a 4-men CN run?

It's not a matter of gs, just a matter of skill
  • grungebrmpkgrungebrmpk Member, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, I was considering skill as implicit, but beside skills, what GS is recommended? I'm pretty sure 9.2k GS chars are not able to make it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nohart13nohart13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    4man cn runs still happen
  • pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Well in the party the CWs GS were around 12kish and the DC around that too.. I'm the GWF and my GS is around 14.5k

So these were not under geared ppl In the party
  • calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I've done them with 4 but prefer 5 it's faster and easier IMO. I don't care about the loot enough to do it multiple times a day (usually once a week I run MC more often these days)
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    How do people enter Castle Never with only four people? I though the only way in was the group finder that requires five people.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Q as 5, proceed as 4, tell the 5th you only need him to enter the dungeon. Done.
    usually done in guilds or groups of people in friends list.
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Q as 5, proceed as 4, tell the 5th you only need him to enter the dungeon. Done.
    usually done in guilds or groups of people in friends list.

So people go in with five but kick the fifth so they can get a better chance at the loot? At least they use thier friends and guildies for it rather than random pug players.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
    edited November 2013
    not for better chance of loot but for a higher split.
    greed runs are not profitable in CN, splitting is the way to go, everyone gets AD everyone is happy.
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Mavbe but you have to hunt down the guy who has the drop, wait for him 2 days when he finally sells it, be online the both of you to get your cut!

Oh and one more thing: you lose money on the AH fee twice when you split the drop. Once when he sell it and another time when you get your cut.

Prefer 5 runs or 4 runs with guild and one loot for everybody like we are doing during ring farms. Drop result is immediate and if you sell it you lose money because of the AH fee only once...
    edited November 2013
    kozi001 wrote: »
    Mavbe but you have to hunt down the guy who has the drop, wait for him 2 days when he finally sells it, be online the both of you to get your cut!

Oh and one more thing: you lose the AH fee twice when you split the drop. Once when he sell it and another time when you get your cut.

Prefer 5 runs or 4 runs with guild and one loot for everybody. Drop result is immediate and if you sell it you lose money because of the AH fee only once...

yeah but what if the 1st, 2nd 3rd and 4th run were good drops (CW orb, TR daggers) and the last man got a GF shield, you get my point? Nobody wants someone whining how he got the least valuable drop while he put as much effort as the others in the run.

equally distributed AD is the best way to rake in the dough for your guild/group
  • notbizzynotbizzy Member Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013

Any thoughts??

We 4man it almost everyday and split AD after sales. People can check the sales status on docx with real time update.
    If we pug someone that we never played with before, we just set it to greed on Draco and do 3-4 splits if we win the loot.
    If the group feels like gambling with pseudo randomness we just solo non split greed. Players should never complain about Draco greed runs once they agree to the rules.

and this:

Oh and one more thing: you lose the AH fee twice when you split the drop. Once when he sell it and another time when you get your cut.
    PvE Perfects CW - NotBizzy
    PvP GWF - BizzyBedBug
    PvE GF (salvaged)
    PvE TR (salvaged)
    GWF PvP/CW PvE @ http://www.twitch.tv/bizzyplusplus/
  • josiahiyonjosiahiyon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Oh and one more thing: you lose money on the AH fee twice when you split the drop. Once when he sell it and another time when you get your cut.

Prefer 5 runs or 4 runs with guild and one loot for everybody like we are doing during ring farms. Drop result is immediate and if you sell it you lose money because of the AH fee only once...

Shared/split loot is the way to go, so long as it's transparent (i.e. updated live, stored on google doc).

Ways to avoid the double 10% tax include (not limited to):
    • Buy stuff off zen market (keys, pres wards, etc). pay with this
    • Buy stuff the person wants off the AH. pay with this
    • If both sell for runs, pay with a reduction of the amount they owe you

To OP: Yes, people still do 4 man CN-runs.
    Pvpbysynergy.png
    Iyon the Dark