What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GWF, why the switch paragon paths ?

kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
I have read the new paragon paths and every body else got new powers
only GWF and GF got switch,I dont like it
I was hoping to get new paragon paths not a switch one:mad:
I feel like I was calling for help and somebody came ,and begin calling for help too
I wanted that my unstoppable could be upgraded to some monster fire breathing wielding great weapon
My Flourish could do his thing than enable them to move for a couple of sec
My Crescendo do his thing than kik them in the face
but naaaah we got the switch
I have play the GF so thats why new paragons would have be a good choice

but its my opinion
edit: now we have like two CW one with a staff and one with a wand ,but that can do the same job
the only diff. is one have a staff the other a wand. GWF & GF got the whammie
Post edited by kabinoles on

Comments

• Options
    pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    When I heard of this I was disappointed too
    Other classes got new content and gf/GWF didn't.. Which sums up how the classes seem to be treated

However after being on the test server and playing around this doesn't work so badly for the GWF... The new path offers significantly more CC.. Which is one of the main reasons GWF have been left out of parties..I'm still playing with different builds and to be honest I'm really not sure which path to go at this stage.. If WMS was on iron vanguard as well then it will be no issue..
    The new daily does more damage with a faster animation..frontline offers alot of cc GWF hasn't had and the new at will is a great gap closer. But I'm still not sure...
    Question is whether to take the CC of iron vanguard at reduced dps or just go with the significantly high dps from that destroyer sword master offers... But I think out of these paths it seems like GWF has probably fared abit better than most and time will tell if it can ressurect the class
  • Options
    justinjasterjustinjaster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ya looks like a GWF is going to be even MORE tanky than a guardian fighter. SO stupid. We don't even get unstoppable as a GF. Thanks for the extra damage Cryptic........... bunch of dummies
  • Options
    pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    ^ the issue isn't the GWF. The GWF needed to be improved more than anything in the game..
    The problem is the content.. A tank just is not required in this game.. When u have the most squishy classes loaded with CC and immunities/dodge.. Well they become a super efficient tank that can dps too.. The problem is the content. GWfs have suffered more than anyone trust me
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Guardian Fighters are in the same boat. We are usually overlooked for CN as people just grab a rogue instead. PVP-wise GWF's are a ridiculous class and will be super OP when this happens. GF's don't even have a speed boost or dodge, we have a shield that breaks VERY quickly. I have been a tank in all of the mmo's that I have played and this one has to be the worst in terms of usage of tanks. GWF's to me are a DPS class NOT a tank class so this paragon path makes no sense. GF's on the other hand ARE tank class and yet we do not even have the best tank powers. The game itself and the boss mechanics is a completely different beast that needs to be addressed...
  • Options
    corpsemaker86corpsemaker86 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I like how the Fighters complain about this when in reality they run away on top

The new TR path is not even close to viable. Less than 5% of TRs will run it because of how bad it is.
    The CW path is just ok. not good...just ok.

Fighters run away with all the benefits and then go and complain on the boards. GWF is now viable in PVE and will be OP in pvp. Both have good boosts. that's the key here, boosts. Unlike some of the other classes such as TR who actually become significantly weaker with the new changes
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Isn't that up to opinion? Our opinion playing the class that we are is that we do NOT like the changes as they don't speak to our class. We have every right to complain as do you.
  • Options
    kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    From what I am seeing on the Preview server, people are treating GF & GWF's as one in the same. Meaning, PUG LFG requests are saying: "I want a GWF OR a GF, but not both".
    "We wanted to cross-pollinate those two," Andy Velasquez said. "That's always been the intention for us, but we couldn't just offer that for the two fighters, because then the three other classes would have felt pretty bummed about it."

Technically, we all feel pretty bummed we ARE getting "cross pollinated" Andy.

By merging the 2 trees, it is presenting players with a conundrum: What's the point of having BOTH GF's and GWF's if they are now technically capable of the same job? It confuses the classes and creates gray lines.

Really bummed on this one.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Deed is done at this point. There is no chance of them reversing course now in any way shape or form. People suspected about this from game files months ago, gave strong feedback and they still went ahead with it, barely unchanged.

Of course, the reasoning that will be given is the usual DnD Fighter nonsense, which unfortunately many players will believe (probably because they have not played both or even either class). But we all know there is a very large difference in implementation in both the existing game and DnD rules, let alone the new class that is being introduced. Given how immensely different the two classes play in practice, this was just a particular example of lazy, low cost design.

So, just reroll to your new GWF and have fun while for a while or play an alt, if you're a GF.

And, corpsemaker86, I'm pretty sure if you played a CW and saw your Paragons mixed with DC or TR (or any other combo) you would,

1. as your new content, be pretty pissed too,
    2. be highly concerned about the future of your entire class due to cross-balancing.
  • Options
    giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hopefully there will be some new stuff for GWF and GF in MOD3, also we have 5 in the party,

GF/GWF
    TR/HR
    DR/DC
    CW/WL
    +1 more??
  • Options
    alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
    edited November 2013
    the most stupidiest thing in my opinion all classes get new stuffs some very instersting and gwf and gf gets a swap in skills... facepalm cant go more usesless then this very disapointed as a gwf player..... i dont think i can play a gwf or a gf anymore knowing il get nothing on them
  • Options
    mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I logged in JUST to comment on this post.
    GWF and GF are VARIATIONS of the same class. Neverwinter decided that instead of using the base classes, and having us choose a subclass later, the "classes" would be the sub-classes.

Fighter extends into three fighting styles. Two Handed weapons, dual wielding, and sword and board. It's all the same class, but with variations in feats and power options.

It makes perfect sense that these classes have overlap. They aren't individual classes, but sub-classes of Fighter.

We haven't seen it on any other classes yet because Fighter is the only class that has two "sub classes" in the game currently.

Every base class in Dungeons and Dragons has 2-4 variations. For instance Warlock has: Curse Warlock, Binder Warlock, Chaos Warlock, and Hexblade. Each one plays differently, but they have some power overlap, ESPECIALLY in the Paragon Paths.
  • Options
    alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
    edited November 2013
    personal i dont agree with this and i strongly reccomend new stuffs ... but if the community chosed this in a large number .. atleast make new animations to suit the 2 different classes especialy on gwf frontline surge to hit with swords instead of shields and treathning rush to look different
  • Options
    alderonthedracoalderonthedraco Member Posts: 82
    edited November 2013
    ctrl C+ Ctrl V... <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> design
  • Options
    enixonbbenixonbb Member Posts: 71
    edited November 2013
    mistriosu wrote: »

It makes perfect sense that these classes have overlap. They aren't individual classes, but sub-classes of Fighter.

We haven't seen it on any other classes yet because Fighter is the only class that has two "sub classes" in the game currently.

yeah I wouldn't be surprised if sometime in the future when they come out with The Brawny Rogue, Battle Cleric, or Blaster Wizard, (or whatever variants they choose to use.) If they share paragon paths with our current Trickster, Devoted, and Control, versions of said classes.
  • Options
    mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    enixonbb wrote: »
    yeah I wouldn't be surprised if sometime in the future when they come out with The Brawny Rogue, Battle Cleric, or Blaster Wizard, (or whatever variants they choose to use.) If they share paragon paths with our current Trickster, Devoted, and Control, versions of said classes.
    Thank you. My point was that they're all the same class, but different BUILDS of those classes. Paragon Paths are tied to class, not your build. Glad at least one person understands it.
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I would like to see : Brawler Rogue, War Wizard, War Priest. Allowing them to share Paragon paths would be a no brainer. As long as the alternate classes were balanced but different than the current classes then I think it would add some nice variety.

However, before we get alternate versions of the classes we already have I want to see Warlocks, Paladins, BARDS, Barbarians and more. Seems like the Devs have a LOT to choose from.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Wow. Games only been out 6 months or so -- they can't implement EVERYTHING immediately.
    People were screaming for Ranger and Druid.
    You are getting that AND more.

Effin chill.
  • Options
    malekhaimalekhai Member Posts: 46
    edited November 2013
    kolbe11 wrote: »
    From what I am seeing on the Preview server, people are treating GF & GWF's as one in the same. Meaning, PUG LFG requests are saying: "I want a GWF OR a GF, but not both".

Technically, we all feel pretty bummed we ARE getting "cross pollinated" Andy.

By merging the 2 trees, it is presenting players with a conundrum: What's the point of having BOTH GF's and GWF's if they are now technically capable of the same job? It confuses the classes and creates gray lines.

Really bummed on this one.

You do realize that the DnD class is Fighter and the Greater Weapon Fighter and Guardian Fighter both stem from that right?
  • Options
    cyanbluestone007cyanbluestone007 Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    More GF's complaining about the GWF. I main GF and I play GWF and let me tell you GF are superior to GWF in every Way. We can eqaul the GWF's damage, deal twice the threat and have twice the control powers. Now that GWF's get Iron Vangaurd they might become useful again in PvE. But only time will tell. IV alone will not give the GWF anywhere near the GF's threat capability. Not without enhanced mark. And without block GWF will not be able to keep marks up as long as the GF.

What the cross over has shown me is that Swordmaster is a terrible Paragon Path and could use some buffs. I dont see either class iusing this paragon path at all. And I think GF's can make use of it better than GWF's. Weapon master strike gives GF's area at will they never had before and with GF's superior AP gain that damage imunity for 5 seconds looks pretty sweet.

But to give it Threatening Rush Frontline surge and Trample the fallen for two neatish moves it's not going to happen.
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I like the changes, Vanguard for GWF is what i wanted for my playstyle... I will be really happy as an instigator with it. I would run a swordmaster as a destroyer.
    On the other hand for a GF swordmaster does seem good for a tactician or protector but not so much for a Conqueror hence the complains.
  • Options
    erebus2075erebus2075 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    from my understanding (only been testing the cw and the paragons associated with this (16hours actual testing)) from what others have said the new paragons really doesnt work well and will under perform compared to the old once.

seen from the cw sight what is the point of getting a new paragon when all the skills is considerably weaker by ALOT then the storm paragon is?, its a useless paragon and i rather have more options in the current setup then getting a useless extra paragon.

just makes me so sad how bad the new paragon is in comparison to the storm paragon (this is from actually testing, not just trying it for a few hours to try it.)
  • Options
    xushin7xushin7 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I think what would help all the paragon paths if there was an additional encounter and daily added to each.

For the fire control wizard. It doesnt seem to have that much of a variety in skills. you have only 3 fire spells. One at will. One encounter, and one daily.