test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

MMORPG.com Paragon Paths interview with Combat Designer Grant Allen

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2013 in News & Announcements
MMORPG.com has an exclusive interview with Combat Designer Grant Allen about the new Paragon Paths! http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/634/feature/7943/Neverwinter-New-Paragon-Paths-Explained.html
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    whoever puts those videos together does a great job.
  • hdrcruzhdrcruz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    CW get more dps, TR get more utility, DC get more buffs e GWF get more regens, knockdowns, mobility and marks groups. GF get nothing really relevant because Iron vanguard is a better dps paragon path than Swordmaster. So, when will GF get their real tab skill?
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Another 3 party side...
  • xetmk24xetmk24 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Control Wizard finally gets fire powers… Cool! – love it! Will play it!
    Trickster Rogue throws more daggers – ok.
    Devoted Cleric gets more buffs… - ok.
    Guardian Fighter gets Great Weapon Fighter’s paragon path and vice versa – em… what? You’re serious? No new stuff just reskin of old ones? Did CW new element suck out your creativity?
    Echo of the Ancient - NW-DT2ABLPD2 - The Wizards forces are pillaging ruins of the ancient, elven kingdom of Illefarn. In order to stop them, you need to lead your party through old, abandoned mines. But beware... you are not alone there...
  • hellratedhellrated Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    According to the video, a new paragon path is available for every "starting class".. So guessing the characters we already have on the game are not getting a free retaining token or something.. aww, i really wanted that iron vanguard path for my GWF :/
    In-game Characters:
    Raba Leo - 16k GWF | Raba Dharma - 15.5k CW | Raba Chanda - 15k TR | Raba Karma - 14k HR
    PURE F2P, so far..
  • xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Grant Allen: Since Paragon Paths determine which skills you can unlock, it requires a character respec to change your Path. We’ll be letting players respec once for free to account for the new Paragon Paths with Shadowmantle.

This is awesome!!!!

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

edited November 2013
    Grant Allen: Since Paragon Paths determine which skills you can unlock, it requires a character respec to change your Path. We’ll be letting players respec once for free to account for the new Paragon Paths with Shadowmantle.

This is awesome!!!!

DAMNNNN, didn't see that part :) awesome!
    In-game Characters:
    Raba Leo - 16k GWF | Raba Dharma - 15.5k CW | Raba Chanda - 15k TR | Raba Karma - 14k HR
    PURE F2P, so far..
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm not going to use a respec token, until they add initial stat re-rolls to it. For obvious reasons. :(

edited November 2013
    hdrcruz wrote: »
    CW get more dps, TR get more utility, DC get more buffs e GWF get more regens, knockdowns, mobility and marks groups. GF get nothing really relevant because Iron vanguard is a better dps paragon path than Swordmaster. So, when will GF get their real tab skill?

LOL, As My first account is a GWF i always envied GF and their push moves, and regretted making a GWF account over a GF. The fact that GWF is getting GF's paragon path is awesome, but ya... GF getting GWF's Paragon path.. GF is definitely not gaining anything much beneficial..
    In-game Characters:
    PURE F2P, so far..
  • caloriencalorien Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's been stated we'll get a free respec token on module 2 launch.
    The PWI info-fox formerly known as Mayfly - Dreamweaver
  • gremorgremor Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What i really would like to see in the future is a Paladin Class with a option of Shadowbane Inquisitor like paragon path what was in the 3.5 D&D or any other Leader Class from D&D 4, which are currently missing from this game.

Shadowbane Stalker would be nice Cleric/Rogue like addition too.

I know that some will hate this my suggestion, but this Paladins are a key element to D&D. More so than they are to some unmentioned copycat universes.
  • silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    well some GWF skill on a GF could be like a lot more destructive :P, need to check all options available
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • alandoril1alandoril1 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well at least they didn't show the non-existence add-less boss fights in that video :p
  • fantasyrpgfantasyrpg Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2013
    I think what is being done with the Devoted Cleric, Trickster Rogue and Control Wizard is really interesting but, the Paragon paths for Great Weapon Fighter and Guardian Fighter just seem lazy and does nothing to define either class. Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way but, I doubt it.
  • xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    fantasyrpg wrote: »
    I think what is being done with the Devoted Cleric, Trickster Rogue and Control Wizard is really interesting but, the Paragon paths for Great Weapon Fighter and Guardian Fighter just seem lazy and does nothing to define either class. Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way but, I doubt it.

Your not the only one. As a player whos main characters have been GF and GWF since beta I have been hoping for something more. Oh whell, I still have an ars load of fun on this game and am now adding dual wield fighter class to my wish list. I understand the idea that GF and GWF are sub types of the Fighter class so if thats the way its going than I see no reason we shouldnt have a sword dancer dual wield fighter to round out the typical fighter types in classic D&D.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• samuraim0samuraim0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 87
    edited November 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjpfSm5R4mY

Overhyped much....It sounds horrible for the melee classes especially GWF.