test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New DC. Need build check.

nbd474nbd474 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
edited November 2013 in The Temple
Hello fellows DC's. As title say need someone to check my build. After talking with my guild mates changed it a litlle:
http://nwcalc.com/dc?b=nlq:4zj27:b5ks,13l3314:6c000:6zu0v:6x000&h=0
Post edited by nbd474 on

Comments

• Options
    grungebrmpkgrungebrmpk Member, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Hey nbd474, what are you aiming for?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If you plan on using Sacred Flame most of the time I'd pick Deepstone Blessing over Enduring Belief. It seems that you plan on using Healing Word a lot, so I'd get Divine Advantage instead of Righteous Rage of Tempus. With Divine Fortune/Healing Word/Ethereal Boon, Righteous Rage is unnecessary. In general though feats look great.

As for powers, get Terrifying Insight. It's an extremely useful power for when you're leveling/soloing. You can skip Prophecy of Doom. Your power selection seems to focus on healing/control, so you won't miss it.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    @grungebrmpk I'm aiming for highend PVE content, not interesting in PVP, solo content (except shara)
    @tyrtallow I'll use sacred flame when i don't need to run, avoid things that much, otherwise BoTS. HW only when i need to (CN last boss, FH last boss etc.). Prophecy of Doom is uselles for PVE endgame? bcs I don't want to respec when i hit 60. Without HW can i skip Righteous Rage too? wanted to get this, but didn't have free points left without sacrificing something else.
    Thanks for reply
  • Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Feats: I'd shuffle a couple of points into divine advantage: when you're in full healbot mode it procs often enough to make anything beyond 2 secs overkill. Leave the other three in RRoT, though, because you won't be full healbot all the time.

Powers: three in HoF? I...would honestly question putting even a single point in this, now. It was mostly only useful as a noobkiller in PvP, and since they lowered the damage it's not even that anymore.
  • Options
    grungebrmpkgrungebrmpk Member, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Hey nbd,

Hm I see you're going for a full healer/support build. I think your build is cool for that, so don't forget to build your gear around Recover > Power > Critical > Defense. Dark enchats for utility enchats. I suggest Holy Avenger for weapon enchant, and barkshield for armor.

Power rotation that I like to use (not a full support, but can do this role ok):

Forgemaster's Flame / Healing Word (divinity forgemaster's flame is great for easy bosses)
    Sunburst (for AP and Divinity build and CC)
    Astral Shield

At will as you said.

Passives: Holy Fervor and Foresight / Healing Lore

Daily: Flame Strike and Hallowed Ground

It will works great in probably all pve content.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for suggestions. I think i'll move 2 or 3 points from RRoT to Divine Advantage like you said. For passives Foresight 100% of the time, plus Healing Lore, or Divine when i need more healing powers on bar, i heard ap generation is pretty good for DC so i'll skip Holy Fervor for now. Thanks for rotation, heard there is one set of skill for 2 of 3 slots and for last is: put here what you need in that moment
  • Options
    rnewton8rnewton8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Good build mate. Very similar to mine. With the right gear and those skills/feats, you could carry even the worst Pug group through a T2 without issue.

For stats here is what you should aim for at 60

at least 6k power
    soft caps on Recovery and Crit i.e. 2,800ish
    Defense --1,500
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    nbd474 wrote: »
    Thanks for suggestions. I think i'll move 2 or 3 points from RRoT to Divine Advantage like you said. For passives Foresight 100% of the time, plus Healing Lore, or Divine when i need more healing powers on bar, i heard ap generation is pretty good for DC so i'll skip Holy Fervor for now. Thanks for rotation, heard there is one set of skill for 2 of 3 slots and for last is: put here what you need in that moment

In the case of your build, maybe the 2 are AS and HW. But I dont really feel that I need to go that way everytime, for example, when the group is low of CW (controllers), I prefer sunburst then HW to help with CC. Or when the group has not good dps, maybe I can try using divine glow. I think is better to get used to analyse the situations and choose the right encounter powers.

Good game btw! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    After some modifications final build looks that:
    http://nwcalc.com/dc?b=nnh:4zj7j:b5kg,13l3314:6c000:b5u0v:8l000&h=0
    As you can see i took Holy Fervor incase i'll dont need one of others passives for solo content, i'm hoping i'll not suffer bcs lack of HoF :) For feats i took 2/5 Divine Advantage (thanks for advice mate), and it's really easy to get this 100% of the time. So in the end, thanks to everyone who answered to this thread. See you in game.
  • Options
    whistlingdixiewhistlingdixie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I notice you don't have any ranks in Break the Spirit. If your goal is healing, don't overlook it! At 3/3, it reduces all the damage the target deals by 30%. That's more mitigated damage than Astral Shield! It's extremely useful if you have a single mob doing lots of damage to everyone.

In your build, I'd swap it out directly for Prophecy of Doom. PoD seems like it could be great, but it's hard to think of a situation where there's not a better use for your encounter slot (though it does have an awesome animation). You could also drop Brand of the Sun. You're probably going to need Sacred Flame and Astral Seal out most of the time anyway. Or finally, you could drop Divine Armor since the most useful thing you can do is keep Hallowed Ground up as much as possible, especially with Moontouched. There aren't too many circumstances where DA is better than HG.

I dug up the old thread where I tested all buff/debuff values:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?483251
  • Options
    nermilznermilz Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Cleanse - is a worthless feat for pve. If you are doing pvp you need it, however it is utterly useless in pve.

Greater Divine Power aka 4th pip - is absolutely trash. Especially since you have Divine Fortune and Ethereal Boon.

Ethereal Boon - if you're going to use it, then you don't need Divine Fortune. You should really put a 4th point into it from 4th pip.

Divine Advantage - This is a trivial skill, I guess it could be used in pvp but in pve there are not many scenerios where reducing combat advantage dmg makes or breaks a fight. You are better to max out Righteous Rage of Tempus.

Righteous Rage of Tempus - This should be maxed and Divine Advantage ignored.

Deepstone Blessing - Since you are Faithful and using Moon-Touched, this is a wasted feat. You shouldn't be using Divine Armor because Hallowed Ground now heals making Divine Armor much less desireable to use.

Enduring Relief - Much better to use the points here. Enduring Relief is proced by all heals and will most like always be on your targets rather then sometimes if they have temp hps. Which they would only have from Sacred and doesn't have the same uptime as the rest of your healing skills.

Other than that, your build looks like the typical cookie cutter Faithful pve cleric build.
  • Options
    whistlingdixiewhistlingdixie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I want to support most of what nermilz said. Cleanse could be very useful if it weren't so unpredictable. I do see "Cleanse!
    popping up fairly often, so it's at least working. The thing is that one more rank of Bountiful Fortune isn't going to make much difference, either. I'd like to think I might get a lucky proc of Cleanse at some point and remove a really nasty DoT or something.

I also totally agree with you about the fourth pip of Divine Power. It might be useful if we had DP regen over time, so you were frequently going into a pull with an extra pip. But the way I look at the right now, it's a resource you should be building and using constantly rather than something you need to save up for emergencies. If you are sitting on 4 pips, you're wasting resources. You could be throwing down a blue Divine Glow and buffing group damage by 20% for example. That said, as with cleanse, one extra point somewhere else probably isn't going to make too much of a difference either.

I actually think Divine Advantage is underrated. If you figure that Combat Advantage is a 15% bonus anytime you are flanked, which is almost constantly with this game's add spam, then you can look at Divine Advantage as 12% damage mitigation whenever it's up. That's pretty good considering you can get nearly 100% uptime without even going 5/5.

I agree about Deepstone Blessing. The TempHP from Sacred Flame is so little that you should ignore it. It turns out that other classes actually have better TempHP buffs than we do right now. I believe Deepstone Blessing works for any TempHP source, so it's not only useful when paired with Divine Armor (which this build shouldn't be using), but I still feel like Enduring Relief is better overall. It's really hard to say, and I can't imagine that even extensive combat log parsing would show more than a 2% total difference.
  • Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Cleanse is a 1 point wonder, though: never drop 3 points into it, certainly (not with a 20sec internal per-proc cooldown), but given the frequency we pop heals on people, it will almost always proc often enough to be as useful at one point as it would at three.

Regarding 4th pip...well, it's really a question of how much leeway you like to have. Think of it as a wider buffer-zone for DP: "If you are sitting on 4 pips, you're wasting resources" is true, but if you're sitting on 3 pips you're also wasting resources. If you're really going for the uber dynamic healing model, you should be wavering around the middle of your "full DP" amount, always keeping DP low enough to still be able to build it, but high enough that you can spend it. If you've only got 3 pips, this middling sweet-spot is smaller than if you have 4. Plus it allows you to frontload an extra pip whenever DP is plentiful, like at the start of dungeons, or toward the end of a fight when everything is basically 'handled': you can just sit and spam sacred flame and get a whole extra pip's worth of DP (plus going into PvP as a faithful-heavy cleric with 4 pips is better than going into PvP as a faithful-heavy cleric with 3). And, as whistlingdixie points out, the other things you could spend that feat point on are not really that spectacular.
  • Options
    tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Terrifying Insight has no equal for solo. A possible +16% damage buff for encounters like Daunting Light is massive. 15% faster dailies from Holy Fervor is great for dungeons and teamfights because more players are affected/battles last longer and mobs are stronger. For solo, though, note that played correctly the majority of your DPS is going to come from your at-wills and encounters.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • Options
    fenice86fenice86 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hello, i'm a new player of NW and i'm planning to build a DC... i play with 2 friends which will be a Guardian and a Thief, therefore my role will be healer/support...

I dont wanna be a full healer, i'd also like to be able to be a party buff guy, any advices? feel free to PM me

and sorry to OP if i'm being OT but as i've said i cant make my own thread atm...