test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dungeon Delves time

tekgoblintekgoblin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Who thought that the Dungeon Delve's times were good? They seem to fall on the worst hours of the day. Is there any work to change these times to work better with users that have jobs/families? How about better times for the Pacific coast? They seem to always fall late at night or very early morning. If none of those, then the middle of the day when we are working.

Anyone heard anything? Feel free to comment.
Post edited by tekgoblin on

Comments

• Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    The times are set server side.

100% chance at a quality drop is not something I would have put in a game to begin with and that's what the Dungeon Delve Chest is. It is not meant to be something you can do all the time or even every day.

However they are working on changes to the system though we are not sure exactly what those changes will be specifically.
  • Options
    themagicbum87themagicbum87 Member Posts: 75
    edited November 2013
    "Quality drop" is a bit of an overstatement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    saerraelsaerrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hmm, I'm sorry, Ambi, I must disagree on your remark of '100% change at a quality drop'. DD chests often drop a rank under what one may expect.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    100% chance at a quality drop is not something I would have put in a game to begin with and that's what the Dungeon Delve Chest is.

I disagree. Giving people a guarantee of SOMETHING for spending a hour or two in a dungeon is a great thing.

I think the fact that you could go into an epic dungeon, spend all evening trying to beat it and get nothing for it is a deterrent to people doing dungeons.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    buffsmadbuffsmad Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    DD times should run at regular intervals throughout the 24 hr period. There is a big world out here and there should be no geographical bonus.

imo there should be 100% purple drops. However, I think there are not enough purple items in the game. There should be a wider choice of non-set bonus, class appropriate, items and greater rarity given to set bonus items. In fact I'd probable go so far as to suggest that set bounus items should not necessarily be the most sought after items stat-wise. They should be desirable as a part for the bonus and the set bonus then a skill that could be 'extracted' and equipped regardless of the equipment used. (But there I go stealing/adapting ideas from other games. :s )
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    tekgoblin wrote: »
    Who thought that the Dungeon Delve's times were good? They seem to fall on the worst hours of the day. Is there any work to change these times to work better with users that have jobs/families? How about better times for the Pacific coast? They seem to always fall late at night or very early morning. If none of those, then the middle of the day when we are working.

On a given day, dungeon delves are every 6 hours, and then each day the schedule moves forward 2 hours (1 hour on Thursday and Friday). In all it is a weekly schedule so every Monday it will be at 3am/pm and 9am/pm Pacific.

They are also working on adding dungeon delve keys to the game which should let you open the chest anytime you want as long as you buy a key.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    saerrael wrote: »
    Hmm, I'm sorry, Ambi, I must disagree on your remark of '100% change at a quality drop'. DD chests often drop a rank under what one may expect.

That's more than I would give.

To me there should always be common, uncommon, rare and super rare drops.
    Any epic would be super rare.

With this concept the epics would be worth more, rank 1 (and rank 2 for that matter) or not because the necklaces and rings wouldn't be handed out like candy as "filler" drops. I'd drop other things of note such as gold, AD, profession resources and such normally but make it truly worthwhile when an epic drop was given.

Basically the reason you don't view the drop as a 'quality' drop is the exact problem with the system...
    They system gives what should be a 'quality' drop away as a filler drop. The consolation prizes are still what were intended to be good rewards so the price drops drastically becaue 3/4 drops or so are the same few necklaces and rings.

That's not the way I would design a reward system.

ironzerg79 wrote: »
    I disagree. Giving people a guarantee of SOMETHING for spending a hour or two in a dungeon is a great thing.

I think the fact that you could go into an epic dungeon, spend all evening trying to beat it and get nothing for it is a deterrent to people doing dungeons.

This depends on your definition of nothing.
    Again I wouldn't guarantee drops like they do now. I would still drop a decent value.

Think of it like a lockbox. You go in and will generally be given between X-Y in value but every once in a while you'll get Z. If you don't get Z then eventually X and Y will add up to Z. :p
  • Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Basically the reason you don't view the drop as a 'quality' drop is the exact problem with the system...
    They system gives what should be a 'quality' drop away as a filler drop. The consolation prizes are still what were intended to be good rewards so the price drops drastically becaue 3/4 drops or so are the same few necklaces and rings.

While I can agree with this statement, this mindset is nothing but a symptom of the larger problem that comes with Epic Dungeons, in that you almost NEED the higher tier gear in order to be efficient in running them. Hopefully we'll start to see a shift away from this (although people will always want BiS, of course) with the upgraded Rune system and artifact system (plus the newer boons) which will hopefully help Augment stats. Plus with a DD key, the ability gain that equipment outside of a restricted hour may also reduce that mindset.
    There may be other factors that also have given fortitude to this mindset, but to me that is the largest one.

Anywho, my two cents. The way drops work now seem to operate fairly efficiently, I guess. Although adding in some incentives to clean out trash mobs I think should still get implemented, mainly the possibility of any mob within a dungeon having a slim chance of dropping a rather useful (epic) piece of all-class (neck, ring, belt) gear.
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    saltpastillensaltpastillen Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Feel free to comment.

I hope you realize not everyone lives in the same timezone as you do.
  • Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    'Course the other problem is that dungeons don't really give anything OTHER than that "shot at a nice purp you need", and that's DURING dungeon delves. DD guarantees you some loot, even though it's usually a blue (in T1) or a T1 purp armour/ring (in T2). Doing it the rest of the time and you're always up against 4 other players rolling, and most of the time you're all rolling for crappy r4 enchants and rings anyway.

Seals are a nice idea, but they don't buy anything useful: they're essentially seals>>rings>>salvage>>3k AD thxbai.

Given the length of time taken to do a dungeon legitimately with gear at or around the GS requirement (especially if pugging it), you're pretty much always going to be better off just mooching around sharandar for enchants (and blink dogs :)).

It would be nice if dungeons either had higher participatory reward (better monster drops would encourage people to actually fight the monsters, for instance) or were rejigged to feel like less of a chore.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013

The times rotate every day. I forget the pattern. But if its bad for you now... it should eventually be good for you another day.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    The times rotate every day. I forget the pattern. But if its bad for you now... it should eventually be good for you another day.

For Pacific time zone (reset at around 1am):
    Monday: 3/9
    Tuesday: 5/11
    Wednesday: 1/7
    Thursday: 2/8
    Friday: 3/9
    Saturday: 5/11
    Sunday: 1/7

Due to the way the schedule works it means that the last Saturday dungeon delve and the first Sunday delve are 2 hours apart. Same goes for Tuesday/Wednesday.