test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is Power stats (radiant/empowered) broken?

kkmonster666kkmonster666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
edited November 2013 in PvE Discussion
I'm just on the preview shard with my TR and CW on the target test dummies. It seems like a difference of over 2000 power stats makes no difference at all to my damage numbers.

So far I'm just testing TR - lashing blade, impact shot, DF, and CW - chill strike (tab), icy rays.

For my TR, I even tried about 4000 power difference, and damage output is the same.
Post edited by kkmonster666 on

Comments

• kkmonster666kkmonster666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    oh sorry I just worked out, there is a difference, when I hover my mouse over skills, seems power does very little

so sorry for the incorrect subject line, it's working as intended, just not very useful stat
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    it is good for class where most of damage come from at wills since 270 damage how much power gives me to at wills is a lot more then 30% damage improvment
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    warpet wrote: »
    it is good for class where most of damage come from at wills since 270 damage how much power gives me to at wills is a lot more then 30% damage improvment

30% ?!

Ok, let's calm down abit.

Assume you deal 2000 damage for 1000 times (seconds) [ 2000 damage per 1 second].

that means, you will deal 2000x1000= 2 000 000 damage right?

Now with your 270 more damage from power, that would be 2270x1000 = 2 270 000

that means, your damage has been increased by : 13.5 %

Where did you get that 30 %?

For the OP, the reason why you didn't feel significant change is because you need to add huge amount of power to have your damage increased and since your gear naturally gives you alot of power ( 3,000) then you would need to add another 3,000 inorder to feel a significant difference. And that's why Armor pen is better.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    it is simple math my sure strike have 890 damage and of this 890 270 damage comes from power and the same thing is for wicked strike ,wms and our aoe encouneters do 1.5 k from which is 270 damage comes from power so in insg build aoe spaced gwf power dose improve total damage a lot some 30 % for sure or more and almost all damage of gwf comes from at will so how much improve encounters dose not matter so much and there is also 150 dps more wich gives power if u have deep gash atm but with new changes will give a lot more so power atm gives me 270+150 per sec damage to at will and this is a lot
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    warpet wrote: »
    it is simple math my sure strike have 890 damage and of this 890 270 damage comes from power and the same thing is for wicked strike ,wms and our aoe encouneters do 1.5 k from which is 270 damage comes from power so in insg build aoe spaced gwf power dose improve total damage a lot some 30 % for sure or more and almost all damage of gwf comes from at will so how much improve encounters dose not matter so much and there is also 150 dps more wich gives power if u have deep gash atm but with new changes will give a lot more so power atm gives me 270+150 per sec damage to at will and this is a lot

Ah you play a GWF, in that case you might be right then. The OP was talking about TR and CW so i thought you were talking about the same class.

GWF get armor pen from CON ability score...so adding power can be better i think. I don't play PvE GWF so i wont argue with that.
  • hamjihamji Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Power is a completely rubbish stat for the most part when compared to most others.

A neat trick to balance stat effectiveness involves using potions.

First step write down your Crit, Recovery, Defense and Deflect percentages from the character panel. Then record the average damage of your chosen Spell from from the Powers panel (I use Punishing Light [DC]). Also record the cooldown times for your favourite encounters and their average damage.

After drinking Power, Crit, Recovery, Defense and Deflect Potions compare the results.

Defense is a simple percentage comparison. Crit and Deflect then need their Severity accounted for. Power effect is reflected by converting the spell damage difference to a percentage. Recovery is slightly more different, work out the dps with the old damage and old cooldown then work out the dps for the old damage and new cooldown, convert to a percentage for the actual percentage Recovery increased dps.

Once all calculations are completed then any imbalances in stat allocation will be evident.