test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Impossible to Catch and Duelist Flurry Bugged??

munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
edited November 2013 in The Thieves' Den
My ITC is still continually being broken.

It happens multiple times during one single match.

I've noticed it the most when fighting GF's, and GWF's.

If I go into ITC normal, or in stealth, while GF's are using Lunging strike or BR on me, it seems to break ITC. Having it do nothing at all, and go on Cool Down.

Its also happened to me when TR's have tried to use Dazing Strike on me, same end result. No effect, and ITC on cool down if its being used at exactly the same time.

Duelist Flurry and Roar from GWFs. I may be wrong on this, so please correct me if I am. But recently, Roar is constantly <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up my Duelist Flurry Animation.

What happens is I will be in the animation, get Roar used on me, and it completely stops the animation, and its like my character loses target. I literally have to move, and move my cursor around a bit, before I can attack the GWF again. Its like my character is becoming disoriented or drunk, and forgets who he is fighting?

Ive had the same thing happen even while using ITC.

I do play mostly on a 4g phone connection, is it just just my ping, and what I feel is me casting ITC, or getting the animation off, might be a bit late after they are using those specific abilities.

Is it just my ping? Or are you guys having similar issues?

I don't feel like its my ping, because it has happened in the middle of ITC cool downs, and towards the end of DF. I know my ping isn't that big, that's atleast 1-2 seconds.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keltz0rkeltz0r Member Posts: 85
    edited November 2013
    Its your ping and ive noticed it only happen from sunburst and prones. I avg about 220 ping too so you notice there will be a slight delay after you press the button and the itc actually goes on during that time if you get hit its wasted.
    No longer playing NW
  • pingconcherepingconchere Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I can confirm this. I typically try to use itc when I'm either heading into a group of people or trying to save myself from a potentially lethal cc-damage chain. Yet, around a fifth of the time I use itc, nothing happens. It'll go on cooldown, and I'll still be vulnerable. I've noticed this effect mostly when I'm being hit by any form of cc right at the moment I cast itc. So while I can break out of cc, like entangling force, trying to activate itc right as I'm hit by a bull rush or impact shot results in no itc, yet a cooldown.

I believe it has to do with the fact casting itc is not immediate (as far as I can tell). Even though there isn't a technical cast time, there is a very small delay from hitting the button to itc activating. So, I would imagine that getting cc'ed during that small delay would cancel itc, yet the ability is already on cd.

I am not sure about the roar issue. I don't fight enough gwfs that slot roar to know, though I have noticed roar cancelling my duelist once or twice.

I also don't know if it's just my ping, though I believe I have a decent ping. In fact, Ping is in my username :cool:

Can anyone else confirm this as well? Perhaps someone with an amazing ping?

EDIT: Someone posted while I was typing mine, and it basically confirms my suspicions. Despite this, more input is definitely welcome.
  • xushin7xushin7 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    this exact same thing occurs with Unstoppable as well.
  • ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I can confirm this. I typically try to use itc when I'm either heading into a group of people or trying to save myself from a potentially lethal cc-damage chain. Yet, around a fifth of the time I use itc, nothing happens. It'll go on cooldown, and I'll still be vulnerable. I've noticed this effect mostly when I'm being hit by any form of cc right at the moment I cast itc. So while I can break out of cc, like entangling force, trying to activate itc right as I'm hit by a bull rush or impact shot results in no itc, yet a cooldown.

this i can confirm, i just have problems if i get hit by a cc just when i hit itc, or very shortly after as in it hasnt gone up yet. Happens in pve too.

Dont know about the df issue though as i dont pvp with it, but i actually feel its more a more reliable cc inmunity than itc in pve... like those totemist stuns that go through itc....
  • stalesmokestalesmoke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Have noticed it consistently for a while now.

The same with shadow strike, seems if person is at max distance and continues moving away as I use SS I get cool down but zero stealth
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »
    Duelist Flurry and Roar from GWFs. I may be wrong on this, so please correct me if I am. But recently, Roar is constantly <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up my Duelist Flurry Animation.

I am not sure about the roar issue. I don't fight enough gwfs that slot roar to know, though I have noticed roar cancelling my duelist once or twice.

I also don't know if it's just my ping, though I believe I have a decent ping. In fact, Ping is in my username :cool:

Can anyone else confirm this as well? Perhaps someone with an amazing ping?

EDIT: Someone posted while I was typing mine, and it basically confirms my suspicions. Despite this, more input is definitely welcome.

That's because Roar interrupts the enemy. So if you are doing something, it will stop it.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Roar
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    As per this post, they are aware of the issue. It appears to be a skill-specific flagging issue. For the sake of that thread, it helps to be very specific and check your combat Log for what hit you at the time ItC failed.
  • utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ItC fails whenever it is activated right before (about 0.5 sec) or at the same time you get hit by a cc skill.

From my experience, most prone and knock back skills make this happen.
    Sometimes smoke bomb is also able to daze me while ItC is on.
    The AoE daze skill of Scion of Corruption in Fey Breach instance is also able to daze me while ItC is on. This bug always happens.
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • decayedsoulsdecayedsouls Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I've noticed that too and it happens a lot with prone mainly, trying to pop in a second or so before "Takedown" still gets me wrecked.
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    That's because Roar interrupts the enemy. So if you are doing something, it will stop it.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Roar

We have CC immunity while in the DF animation, Roar shouldn't be interrupting it.

Its acting oddly, I'm going to make a video and high light what happens but.

When Roar is used on your character, it stops you dead in your tracks. Whats happening to me is totally different than that. Like I mentioned before, its like I'm "losing target", and I start walking forward, instead of being stopped like Roar should be doing(if I wasn't immune to cc at the time).
  • todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Not sure if our cases our related but I seem to have experienced the same things recently against GWF's. I normally dismiss these sort of things as lag issues as I live in SEA and have horrible latency. But I'm not sure anymore. I use DF against the GWF's, they use Roar, and if I'm on my 2nd strike, my DF will act as if it goes back to the first strike and forgo the third strike and I will walk on a straight line, like I was losing my target. I noticed this happening against CW's and TR's as well. One peculiar behavior which I noticed one time was this. ITC and Shadow Strike was recently out of Cooldown. I use my ITC but for some reason it disappears and my Shadow Strike gets 2 seconds on its Cooldown. It's probably a separate issue but could also be connected as I'm suspecting this is a sync-ing issue.
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Not sure if our cases our related but I seem to have experienced the same things recently against GWF's. I normally dismiss these sort of things as lag issues as I live in SEA and have horrible latency. But I'm not sure anymore. I use DF against the GWF's, they use Roar, and if I'm on my 2nd strike, my DF will act as if it goes back to the first strike and forgo the third strike and I will walk on a straight line, like I was losing my target. I noticed this happening against CW's and TR's as well. One peculiar behavior which I noticed one time was this. ITC and Shadow Strike was recently out of Cooldown. I use my ITC but for some reason it disappears and my Shadow Strike gets 2 seconds on its Cooldown. It's probably a separate issue but could also be connected as I'm suspecting this is a sync-ing issue.

That's identical to what is happening for me. Losing the target thing, it has to be a bug.
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »
    That's identical to what is happening for me. Losing the target thing, it has to be a bug.

Confirmed it happening as well. Have you posted on the bug forums yet?
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Roar is an interrupt...look at the definition of that word.

CC immunity is completely different.
  • decayedsoulsdecayedsouls Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    Roar is an interrupt...look at the definition of that word.

CC immunity is completely different.

But interrupt is a form of CC hence, immunity to it. The issue is popping ITC just when you're about to get it doesn't work as confirmed by many anecdotal experiences here.