test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Work Week" achievement not working.

imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
The community foundry achievement "Work Week" is not working. It should be awarded for playing and reviewing at least one foundry quest per day, five days in a row. The counter does not increase and the achievement is not awarded after five days, either.
Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
Post edited by imivo on

Comments

• plentyoskillzplentyoskillz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Nearly 2 months later, this achievement is still not working.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Random bump in the hope that this will be addressed soon!
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This achievement has never worked - so 4 months now ...
  • soulflame621soulflame621 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    BUMP. REALLY would like to work on my Icosahedron :)
  • voidgiftvoidgift Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Still the same...
    With dreams to be a king, first one should be a man.

Rise to POWER with <House of Power>.

The Exterminator - (NW-DLNXF3BGG)
  • irdillonirdillon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 90
    edited October 2013
    STILL not working...
  • idillonidillon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Bump, still not working
  • hammeredhellhammeredhell Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    guys....guys.....seriously guys....its 2014 now...still not working...how are we to get the book imp / ioun stone if some of these don't work?
  • meldan3nmeldan3n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Ok, let me try to help you. The "Work Week" series ("Work Week", "Fortnight", "It's a habit") is extremely broken, but not impossible to achieve.

I am actually working on my "It's a habit", so I've done the other two. What you need to know to make it work is:

- You cannot play all kinds of different foundries through the day. You can only play 1 (!!!) foundry in 24 hours if you want this to work.
    - It takes the counter 24 hours to refresh.
    - Make sure you review AND tip. Without tipping, it does not count.

How you start:

If you have other Community Achievements to go for, complete them first as you will only be able to play 1 foundry in 24 hours.
    Find a foundry that takes about 1 min to complete and pick a time when you can play every day, let's say 7:30 PM. Pick something between "full o'clocks" (so no 1, 2, 3… only 2:30, 3:30…). Play the foundry at 7:30 PM, review it, tip it. Do not play other foundries and wait 23 hours (the counter should show 1/5 after 23 hours). If it doesn't show 1/5, try picking another time. If it does, play the next foundry at 7:20 PM. Same rules again. Next one at 7:25 PM, next one at 7:20 PM, 7:25 PM, etc.

- If you play more than one foundry a day, it will reset to 0. If it does, you will only be able to see it in 24 hours, as it refreshes only every 24 hours.
    - If you don't tip, it will reset.
    - Any server maintenance will reset your counter (again, you'll only see it 24 hours after it happened). There is a way to work around it, but it doesn't work every time, either.
    - It may also reset for unknown reasons. When I was working on the Fortnight achievement (14 days in a row), it reset 6 times on 10/14 or 12/14 for unknown reasons, until I was able to finally complete it.
    - You can use the same foundry over and over again. The foundries you review don't have to be different. Just make sure you tip it every time.

I hope I could help.

P.S.: I'm working on "It's a habit" right now (4 months of this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, 8 "Fortnights"). You can imagine how often I get frustrated by the counter resetting.
  • hav0clolhav0clol Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    BUMP! I tried meldan3n's thing and it did not work. That being said I probably wasn't strict enough with timing (I was perhaps 5 minutes out each day). Any update on this bug?
  • hav0clolhav0clol Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Damn, I missed the 4 year anniversary of this post. Just want to update that these foundry achievements (Work Week / Fortnight / It's a Habit) seem to track fairly accurately. It should be a Foundry Authoring Achievement, not a Community Achievement. To get it, someone new must play one of your published Foundries every day 5 / 14 / 14*8 days in a row. I'm not sure if they must leave a review. I'm not sure if Beta quests count. I'm not sure what constitutes a "day" although I've had it count at random times after reset. What's certain is that it has nothing to do with playing foundries yourself.