test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Let's talk Castle Never

nylatlthesecondnylatlthesecond Member Posts: 40 Arc User
edited November 2013 in PvE Discussion
Alright, so with all the nerfs and dungeon exploits being fixed, I have a very simple question: How do you realistically beat this insane dungeon? I've made it several times to the final boss(with the necessary effort and running past a bunch of mobs that spawned out of nowhere + 2 jelly cubes), but we constantly get our asses handed to us. Not by the boss itself, oh no. That one's a piece of cake. It's all the **** adds, and yes you've all heard this before, but I'm going to reiterate.

I don't think this is what the design team had in mind when running the dungeon. Hell, I'd like to challenge a team of devs to do this dungeon with /realistic/ GS and equips(not already fully geared from other places). I'd want to see a video of them doing it, properly, without exploits.

As you can probably tell, my main problem lies in the last fight, where there are so many adds that you barely know what's happening before they rush you and murder the unholy hell out of you. As an example: Getting rushed by about 5 Unhallowed wights while casting Steal Time is not something that is fun at all.

So yeah, if anyone has any suggestions or tips or tricks for the final boss, or hell, even for the rest of the dungeon: Please contribute. I'm hoping we might be able to get to some sort of agreement on how to best tackle this behemoth of a dungeon. Also: If you're only going to come in here to say that I suck or that my party sucks, then please refrain from posting, as it won't advance this thread in any shape or form.

Oh, and as a final note: Yes, I do run with a guild. No, not a hardcore gaming guild. A semi-casual guild who can definitely get into hardcore mode. Hardcore gaming guilds shouldn't be a requirement anyway.
Post edited by nylatlthesecond on

Comments

• Options
    yaminaboyaminabo Member, Banned Users Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    Hmm, yea, i feel you, its really REALLY sick the final boss. The dungeon in fact is MEH, the final boss is OMGSOPOWERFULWEGONNADIE, and yes draco is that way. you have to have a rogue with 6k power 4k crit 3k armor pen. And wizards must have High Vizier, power 6k crit 5k and 4k recovery or armor pen. So, Yea. Devs cant do that dungeon without all the gear purchased from VISA and stuff like that. Theres a difference between guilds, players and such. VISA users can kill that dungeon in 25 minutes, while a regular guild with no visa usage, cant kill it.

But , i agree with you, and im one too for your cause, and see if somebody can help you out with good tips and advices.! Cause ill be watching them too.
  • Options
    notbizzynotbizzy Member Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    yaminabo wrote: »
    you have to have a rogue with 6k power 4k crit 3k armor pen. And wizards must have High Vizier, power 6k crit 5k and 4k recovery or armor pen.
    How did you come up with these mysterious random numbers?
    So, Yea. Devs cant do that dungeon without all the gear purchased from VISA and stuff like that. Theres a difference between guilds, players and such. VISA users can kill that dungeon in 25 minutes, while a regular guild with no visa usage, cant kill it.

But , i agree with you, and im one too for your cause, and see if somebody can help you out with good tips and advices.! Cause ill be watching them too.
    Your argument is that unless you use your credit-card you wont be able to kill Dracolich. Based on your argument, players that killed Draco after fix used their legendary AMEX card to slay the boss. If that's what you believe in, I highly recommend that you get a credit/debit card in order to beat the boss. That's my advice for today.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?509081-Last-boss-CN.

P.S. Paragon killed Garrosh Hellscream (H) with 1 healer w/o using plastic cards. maaaad skeeeeeeeelz
    PvE Perfects CW - NotBizzy
    PvP GWF - BizzyBedBug
    PvE GF (salvaged)
    PvE TR (salvaged)
    GWF PvP/CW PvE @ http://www.twitch.tv/bizzyplusplus/
  • Options
    irdillonirdillon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 90
    edited November 2013
    Alright, so with all the nerfs and dungeon exploits being fixed, I have a very simple question: How do you realistically beat this insane dungeon? I've made it several times to the final boss(with the necessary effort and running past a bunch of mobs that spawned out of nowhere + 2 jelly cubes), but we constantly get our asses handed to us. Not by the boss itself, oh no. That one's a piece of cake. It's all the **** adds, and yes you've all heard this before, but I'm going to reiterate.

I don't think this is what the design team had in mind when running the dungeon. Hell, I'd like to challenge a team of devs to do this dungeon with /realistic/ GS and equips(not already fully geared from other places). I'd want to see a video of them doing it, properly, without exploits.

As you can probably tell, my main problem lies in the last fight, where there are so many adds that you barely know what's happening before they rush you and murder the unholy hell out of you. As an example: Getting rushed by about 5 Unhallowed wights while casting Steal Time is not something that is fun at all.

So yeah, if anyone has any suggestions or tips or tricks for the final boss, or hell, even for the rest of the dungeon: Please contribute. I'm hoping we might be able to get to some sort of agreement on how to best tackle this behemoth of a dungeon. Also: If you're only going to come in here to say that I suck or that my party sucks, then please refrain from posting, as it won't advance this thread in any shape or form.

Oh, and as a final note: Yes, I do run with a guild. No, not a hardcore gaming guild. A semi-casual guild who can definitely get into hardcore mode. Hardcore gaming guilds shouldn't be a requirement anyway.

I've done CN after every fix they do. It never gets harder honestly. Never spent a dime on this game, and the people I run with, they spend all their AD/Zen on Cosmetics. Maybe that's why you fail so badly, can't kill draco unless you're fashionable. Be less ugly pls
  • Options
    jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You can still kill the draco but you need all 5 member to be very experienced ( not exploiter -.- ). We did Cn whit no prob, dracolich too. We simply controll all the add's while the tank kill the dracolich. Took 20 min, but you can kill it whitout problem. You need at last 2 Cw whit istant recovery of daily for control the add's, 1 GF ( because he can block the hand ) and 1 of Tr or GWF for help the 2 CW whit the add, whit some stun controll on them. Of corse, you need a DC whit steel ball xD Not a crappy ( rolf xD ) DPS ( ROLF ROLF ROLF ) Dc.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    irdillon wrote: »
    I've done CN after every fix they do. It never gets harder honestly. Never spent a dime on this game, and the people I run with, they spend all their AD/Zen on Cosmetics. Maybe that's why you fail so badly, can't kill draco unless you're fashionable. Be less ugly pls

Hey man, I'll have you know that most of my characters are fashionable as all hell! My GWF wears the fairy outfit/sunite flower crown, my CW wears the courtesan outfit and my DC wears the wedding dress. My TR is durk 'n edgy so she doesn't wear that stuff, but oh well. I sense a flaw here :(

But on a more serious note: Seeing people mention the High Vizier outfit kind of makes me wonder if they intended for you to run through all the other epic T2 dungeons first and then go to CN(understandable to an extent), which brings me to a different problem: Actually getting the loot. Because I've heard people say you only have around 10% chance of actualy getting the T2 sets in your chest, which kind of worries me. Am I supposed to get /that/ lucky that I can complete behemoths like Spellplague and Karrundax flawlessly around 10 times over? Because every time I've tried with Spellplague, something gets in the way, be it people running out of time (bedtime/social contacts/whatever) or running out of healing items(which is a consequence of running out of gold).

And about the Instant recovery on Singularity..I highly doubt it's possible like that, even with max recovery, as I saw around 10 - 20 (and I obviously didn't actually count them, lol) Unhallowed Wights spawn at a time, every..what, 1, maybe 2 minutes? I'm not sure if you're able to get back up to Singularity that fast. Maybe it's something with the abilities I use? Anything other than the obvious "push/get out of my face" skills? Especially with the shield only being able to hit 5 things at a time..
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i had 12k+gs high recovery cws in team once there was always one Singularity on or sometims even 2 but this was long time ago idk did they changed somethings in cws ap gain since then if not then should be no problem to have 1 Singularity up all the time if have recovry stacked cws
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    5 Cw of my guild can cast instant singularity, whit full rotation. We can do dracolich while we smile and do stupid thinks on ts ^^ It's only a matter of spec, not recovery. read all the feat of the Cw, use it for what is born ( no damage, but control ^^ ) My Cw whit a crappy 4k rec can cast istant sing. How i can do it? I don't tell you, is a spec of our guild ^^ Sorry.
  • Options
    feiergiantfeiergiant Member Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Hmm, yea, i feel you, its really REALLY sick the final boss. The dungeon in fact is MEH, the final boss is OMGSOPOWERFULWEGONNADIE, and yes draco is that way. you have to have a rogue with 100 power 23 crit and 24% armor pen. And wizards must have any 4 or 2/2 set, power 237 crit 69 and 17 recovery or armor pen. So, Yea. i cant do that dungeon without all the gear purchased from VISA and stuff like that. Theres a difference between guilds, players and me. VISA users can kill that dungeon in 25 minutes, while a regular guild with no brain usage, cant kill it.

fixed it for you.

so here are the good tips:
    1. any TR that is able to press his tab and shift button will tank the boss (yes, this can be hard if, let say, your shift button is broken)
    2. the rest of the party (2 CW, 1 DC, and any drunk guy you can pick up in PE) will stand at the left side of the arena and singularity/repel mobs over the door back to the campfire (since they won't leave voluntarily)
    3. when the 2 magicians have managed to do accordingly, the whole party will turn its head 90
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    feiergiant wrote: »
    fixed it for you.

so here are the good tips:
    1. any TR that is able to press his tab and shift button will tank the boss (yes, this can be hard if, let say, your shift button is broken)
    2. the rest of the party (2 CW, 1 DC, and any drunk guy you can pick up in PE) will stand at the left side of the arena and singularity/repel mobs over the door back to the campfire (since they won't leave voluntarily)
    3. when the 2 magicians have managed to do accordingly, the whole party will turn its head 90

Still bug the boss -.- I hope they will make an uber wall or a script for mob. When the mob are out of the arena, they come back whit 100% rage and oneshot the party. No need do use that glitch for kill it, simply need to controll the adds. Only lamer use glitch or bug
  • Options
    feiergiantfeiergiant Member Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    you have a point. this would make the fight with draco a lot longer tho, since you will really need a skilled (and geared TR) to nuke the boss down, since u will have to deal with ads the whole fight, not only the first 2 minutes
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yes they need to rework this. The current version is doable with wizards. using a combination of singularity and oppressive force. good rogue on the draco.

But what about other setups? GFs? GWFs?

A boss that is most effective with only a specific setup is rather poor design. Maybe it should be quick-fixed so they have lower hit points (easier to kill) but more range attackers (so wizards get hurt but fighters can soak it.)
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    You can kill draco whit GF or GWF too. You allways need 2 CW and 1 DC that never faild to cast a skill ( Cw whit istant or 1 rotation of enc for full the daily ) and of course, you need coordination. A GF can easy block the atk and the hand, a GWF simply had to move away formt he singularity. Dracolich legal, is a boss for very experienced people, but people only learned to kill boss in Nw whit bug or glitch, so they cry because is too hard. Just look at Valindra in the new module. It's so hard to take her under the 40% of Hp, this now is a real boss. Maybe she spawn too many add, they can fix it, but her atk are awesome *-* i hope they will only increase the time of the totem summon
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    jacksoon wrote: »
    You can kill draco whit GF or GWF too. You allways need 2 CW and 1 DC that never faild to cast a skill ( Cw whit istant or 1 rotation of enc for full the daily ) and of course, you need coordination. A GF can easy block the atk and the hand, a GWF simply had to move away formt he singularity. Dracolich legal, is a boss for very experienced people, but people only learned to kill boss in Nw whit bug or glitch, so they cry because is too hard. Just look at Valindra in the new module. It's so hard to take her under the 40% of Hp, this now is a real boss. Maybe she spawn too many add, they can fix it, but her atk are awesome *-* i hope they will only increase the time of the totem summon

I'll admit that boss that are only for very experienced players(and coordinated as well) can be a cool game mechanic, I also think there should be some leeway in the way of how experienced you need to be. If you play super-casual, sure then you probably wouldn't attempt a 1.5 hour+ dungeon in the first place. Hardcore gamers would go for it asap. But what about the (majority) inbetween?

And yeah, while I'm ok with the Draco being hard, that's perfectly fine, I just don't like the fact that you need to do the dungeon with a very specific setup. It kind of limits the amount of things you can do, especially when the rewards are bind on PICKUP, which disallows any unfavourable setups to get them as reliably.

And if Valindra is equally hard in the Shadowmantle campaign, that's cool, but I hope they pay close attention to the feedback on Sharandar, because I personally liked the challenge being in what the adds do, not how many adds there are. Difficulty =/= spam mobs.
  • Options
    sslothzzsslothzz Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    jacksoon wrote: »
    Still bug the boss -.- I hope they will make an uber wall or a script for mob. When the mob are out of the arena, they come back whit 100% rage and oneshot the party. No need do use that glitch for kill it, simply need to controll the adds. Only lamer use glitch or bug
    Oh my, i wonder how many times i will hear it again, from different players))) "I know the secret and i'm not gonna tell ya :p"
    Makes me LOL.
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    Hmm, yea, i feel you, its really REALLY sick the final boss. The dungeon in fact is MEH, the final boss is OMGSOPOWERFULWEGONNADIE, and yes draco is that way. you have to have a rogue with 6k power 4k crit 3k armor pen. And wizards must have High Vizier, power 6k crit 5k and 4k recovery or armor pen.

That post...gave me a heart attack....
  • Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    syka08 wrote: »

Oh, Mastery!Entangling Force actually gives more AP than it should? I always found it slightly interesting/odd that it gave like 50% of your AP in one shot if done right(read: enough mob are drawn in by the spell)
  • Options
    manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    sslothzz wrote: »
    Oh my, i wonder how many times i will hear it again, from different players))) Makes me LOL.

I know the answer to that question, but if I told you my futureself would have to kill both of us.