test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mythweavers: a Foundry-focussed guild

wintersmercywintersmercy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Do you have a tale to tell, of great deeds, tragic love, or the darkness that lurks behind the eyes of men and monsters alike?

[img]http://mythweavers.org/mimages/Mythweavers Dracolich.png[/img]

Guild Leader: @wintersmercy
Guild Contact: Through the guild website, or via PM/this thread.
Guild Website: http://mythweavers.org
Guild Currently Recruiting: Foundry users, roleplayers
Current Guild Size: large.
Guild Size Goal: we've capped several times at 500
Guild Type: Foundry
Guild Peak Time Zones: GMT
Gauntlgrym: Delzoun

Guild Purpose:
Mythweavers is an organisation dedicated to spreading hope, joy and peace to the commoners of the north - those with no bodyguards to protect them, nor money to bribe wizards into guarding their property. Originally formed from bards and storytellers, the guild has grown to encompass those who support the aims in diverse ways.

OOC:
Mythweavers is a day-one guild focused on Foundry content creation and roleplay, though we do accept members who want to do PVE and PVP (usually if they are friends of existing members. We are a light- to medium- roleplay guild (guild chat is OOC, although we do have a roleplay channel). We use Foundry content to create settings for small-scale roleplay, and have various places scattered around the world for larger events. There is a guild "metaplot" run by DM equivalents, for players to get involved in if they choose, and an in-character structure as well with a number of officers dedicated to helping people find their feet. However, although the guild has an in-character purpose, guildmembers scheme and plot amongst themselves - the guild plot is a set of hooks, rather than a straitjacket.

We're quite a large guild now, particularly in European times - our Sunday roleplay events regularly have over fifteen people - and we keep organised through using forums and voicecomms. Members are trusted to find other suitable members, and have invite privileges, and this has bulked out our American contingent.

We have frequent competitions, contests, and events, where you can win stuff from the Zen store (generously donated by members).

There is no level requirement or time commitment needed to join, we're about creating opportunities to have fun, rather than hoarding them for ourselves. We are happy to accept people who are new to roleplaying (in general, or on MMOs).

Our three requirements are:
a) you are over 18;
b) you are respectful of other players, and don't do internet circular arguments (just walk away);
c) you can apply via our guild website http://mythweavers.org.

If you're interested please PM me on these forums, or whisper any member of the Mythweavers guild in game.
Post edited by wintersmercy on

Comments

• wintersmercywintersmercy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mythweavers is now on the Dragon shard. We have chosen an in-character theme that matches our out-of-character purpose: a guild of storytellers, racounteurs, bards and provocateurs, loosely tied together through social bonds and a desire to live in interesting times.
    edited May 2013
    Mythweavers are now testing the use of a couple of DMs to run guild plots for guild characters, partly using the Foundry.
    edited June 2013
    Archived wrote:
    The journey from Waterdeep to Neverwinter is a long one. The road hugs the coast, and the seasonal storms frequently drive spume in to cover it, blanketing everything in a salty mist that soaks through . Sometimes travellers are not seen until they are only a few cart lengths away. Sometimes the storms abate and the snow-capped peaks of the Sword Mountains loom high up to the east, squeezing the way between rock and sea.

The Sword Mountains are behind you when you reach the Wandering Harpist, though still visible on the clear days when an errant sound - or a longing for the warmer south - cause you to look back. The inn is everything an inn should be: oak boards darkened by age, a warm glow from the window, the scents of spiced wine and stew laced throughout the clearing in which it stands. A large stable area is partly full, and the occasional roof of a house pokes through the forest. Music and merriment echo out when a muddy farmer pushes his way out of the door and staggers away, laughing to himself and clutching what's left of a loaf of bread.

Stepping inside before the door swings closed, you see the kind of scene that could have been described by a Waterdhavian noble who never set foot outside the North Ward. Stools, benches, and rough wooden crates are clustered around the fireplace, where a man in scruffy clothes sings a lewd ballad about a baron's four fair daughters, punctuating each verse with some wooden clappers. An elfin woman dressed in elegant silks sits next to him, accompanying him on a flute. A rapt audience of farmers, travellers, and even a priest sit around, flushed and thumping their boots onto the ground in time with the song.

" ... the baron's daughters fair!
    Celene was curvy, Marie was slim
    and little Jessa was born to sin,
    And the best of all, so pert and bold
    Was sweet Shana with her hair of gold!
    Baron Herolt, revenge he vowed
    When he found all four I'd ploughed
    And how his wrath did rage and burn
    When I said I'd had to wait my turn!"

With a dramatic flourish, he bows and puts his arm around the flautist, to uproarious praise. A few of the closer farmers try to press coins on him, and you can see him keep them at bay, shaking his head. He accepts a tankard though, and a merchant presses a winecup into the flautist's hands.

Though the north is pressed by the armies of undead, the ambitions of Waterdeep, and more threats besides, this inn is a bastion of good cheer and joy.

IkdoyrY.jpg

Archive of initial roleplay post.
    edited September 2013
    Mythweavers have run a series of Sunday events, mixing custom Foundry content with hub-based roleplay. This plot arc started with the kidnapping of a guild member, some assassination attempts, and culminated with the unmasking of an Illithid behind a coalition of thieves' guilds.
  • epsilon1977epsilon1977 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Sent you a PM a couple of days ago, please check your inbox ;)
    Epsilon of Mythos (@epsilon1977)
    Holy Resurrector and Grand Master of OPUS DEI
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://opusdei.abyssportal.com
    edited October 2013
    Thank you Epsilon, somewhat belatedly I have spotted it and replied!

Mythweavers support Delzoun in the struggle for Gauntlgrym. We're actively looking for more US-timezone players, we have many Euros as it is.
    edited October 2013
    Updating now we've been a community for six months, and in game since April 25th: the Mythweavers are still going strong, and still looking for new blood. We have had over sixty different players logged in in the last seven day period, making us one of the most active (possibly the most active) roleplaying and Foundry guilds in the game.
  • rezlezrezlez Member Posts: 88
    edited October 2013
    I joined this guild recently. They are amaaaazing.

I was looking for a Foundry guild. Thankfully enough, they aren't "you must make foundries nooow" or anything. They're casual, easygoing, and accept members of all kinds. My first character plays foundries only and is a dancer and Harper - perfect for this guild. My second character, not so much... She's a slaver for the Underdark and is quite evil... But that'll be explained in the Foundries I make.

^ Which is my point in this post. I haven't made any yet. I most likely will not make any until I've run through the entire game properly. Despite this, I'm not nagged and I know that, once I'm ready, my guild will help me make proper Foundries.

This guild is great. You should all join >.>
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ...and I would encourage you all to visit/join both Scribes' Enclave, and Author's Anvil. Two excellent out-of-game guild/web-sites with lots of great reviewers (Scribes) and wonderful Foundry resources (Anvil).

Links in my sig...
  • oujiabboujiabb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hello,

I'm relatively new to Neverwinter, but am a long time RPer and writer. This sounds like a lot of fun, and I'd love to join up and meet some of you. You can find me at Surish Runinvar@ouijabb (still learning the character handle thing, so sorry if that's not quite right).
    edited October 2013
  • epsilon1977epsilon1977 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I would like to welcome the Mythweavers in the Legit Guilds Alliance, on behalf of Opus Dei and the whole alliance, and wish you good luck with your endeavours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dextrinosdextrinos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Wow, other NWN/other RPG veterans united in the first active roleplaying guild I've seen in Neverwinter? I'll take it. I might just have to reroll for this. I'll be registering soon.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hm, this is maybe the guild I was searching for.

I will contact you soon via game, shy-nee@ryvengrothexplorer here.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Funny. In NW since Feb 8 Closed beta and this is the first time I'm learning this guild exists. Foundry-focused? I might know just a little about Foundry stuff, so I'm in. Looking forward to sharing what I know and learning new stuff (even after almost 4 years of Foundry, there's always new stuff to learn!)

Registered at the web site as AngrySprite.

EpicFail: Web site registration does not allow me to choose Hunter Ranger as my primary character, so I went with default Cleric instead.

Should be fun stuff ahead.
    edited November 2013
    Good call - hunter ranger should now be a valid profile field.

Updated the original post with a new recruitment poster, courtesy of the lovely Kayleth.

I'd also like to thank Aislinn of the Mythweavers for running a fantastic Masquerade Ball event, and Caldazar for recording it.

We are still recruiting members from all timezones (since the server merge, our American and Easterner contingents have both increased).
  • queenofspace1queenofspace1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hellos! I'm fairly new to NW, but like others, I've MMORP'd for...well, you'd never ask a lady to reveal that sort of thing, would you? My husband and I are looking to join a guild that actively RPs, and yours sounds like a lot of fun. We play together often, but separately sometimes too; we just leveled two characters to 60, his awesome dwarven GF Borik Thunderhammer and my always rather snazzily dressed CW Lerissa Fiendline.

He is more interested in participating in Foundry creation, while I am more interested in experiencing them. If it sounds like we might be a good fit, let me know what we should do and I'll pass the word along to him as well. Thanks!
    edited November 2013
    We'd be happy to try you both out. Easiest thing is to look for one of us in game, most of the guild have invite rights.
    edited March 2014
    Mythweavers are still going strong, and welcoming new members.
    edited March 2014
    Greetings to Mythweavers from Opus Dei and the Legit Guilds Alliance!
    We wish you best of luck in your recruiting efforts and always glad to have you in the alliance ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2014
    Thank you to Opus Dei! We are looking forward to Module 3, and still recruiting roleplayers and Foundry content authors!
    edited September 2014
    The Tyranny of Dragons is here, and the Mythweavers are still going strong. We are looking for responsible, mature adults to join us in having fun - PVE, PVP, the incessant grind of dailies, and of course creating Foundry content and holding roleplay events.
    edited April 2015
    Almost two years after the Mythweavers first opened their doors to newcomers, we are still going strong and still recruiting. If you're a roleplayer, Foundry author, or otherwise splended person: we are recruiting, and looking for people like you. Head on over to our website, or send someone a message in game.