test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Weaponsmithing - Unfair for rangers (w/ suggestion)

werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
It will take rangers twice as long to get the materials needed to make their weapons because all the other (First set) weaponsmithing weapons take 4 blades while the first bow takes 4 hafts. the gathering reward is 2 blades and 1 haft requiring rangers to gather 4 times instead of 2 like all the other weapons.

wepsmth.png

This could use a small fix
A) to only take 2 hafts instead of 4
or
B)make the reward 2 hafts 2 blades for the gathering and basic craft (however this may or may not affect the rest of the weaponsmithing profession)
21.jpg
Post edited by werealchemist on

Comments

• Options
    caloriencalorien Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    There's no requirement for a weaponsmith to only make weapons for his personal class, and at the moment there isn't really a sink for all the hafts you make (sword knots take 1 blade and 2 hafts, great and battle axes take 2 blades and 2 knots.)

I'm going to be making a bunch of longbows as soon as the module goes active, just because I've got plenty of hafts available to make them with.
    The PWI info-fox formerly known as Mayfly - Dreamweaver
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Or just make the crafting tasks equivalent, that it is 2 ores and 2 woods to make two blades and two shafts.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    calorien wrote: »
    There's no requirement for a weaponsmith to only make weapons for his personal class, and at the moment there isn't really a sink for all the hafts you make (sword knots take 1 blade and 2 hafts, great and battle axes take 2 blades and 2 knots.)

I'm going to be making a bunch of longbows as soon as the module goes active, just because I've got plenty of hafts available to make them with.

indeed it is true that one could make the other weapons however i cant USE those other weapons.
    for clarification I noticed this at level 14 hoping to have a weapon ready for when i hit level 15 (that is the level those particular weapons are for) and while i would have out leveled the weapon quickly anyway it would have been nice to have a level 15 weapon instead of using a level 12 weapon until i finally got a level 16 drop.
    but instead it took me an extra hour 15 minutes gather x2 and 15 minutes basic craft x2 before i was able to even craft the bow
    21.jpg
  • Options
    caloriencalorien Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You level your character so much faster than your professions that expecting to be able to use the weapons (or armor) you craft is unrealistic... the stuff you pick up is almost always better (the exception is pants/shirts, which you very rarely find as drops.)
    The PWI info-fox formerly known as Mayfly - Dreamweaver
  • Options
    yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Overall for the levelling purpose this is great actually, because you gather 4 times and with that you can make 1 bow and 2 other weapons.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Bear in mind that weaponsmithing gear is mostly bind on equip, so maxing it out on another character can still build kit for your ranger while you level up more slowly.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    calorien wrote: »
    You level your character so much faster than your professions that expecting to be able to use the weapons (or armor) you craft is unrealistic... the stuff you pick up is almost always better (the exception is pants/shirts, which you very rarely find as drops.)

One would think that the devs may see a problem with this though.... I know i do.
    21.jpg
  • Options
    raptorskyfireraptorskyfire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Well, if you're willing to be patient, or have the right assets, you can do the Mass crafting over the single one.

Like so...
    vz91gp6.png

Every profession except leadership has a mass gathering and mass crafting, these are usually the best way to level any of the crafting professions. If you have an alt with Weaponsmithing already at hand, you can start making your stuff with it, as someone already said, if not, patience is your friend. Also consider why there's less wood than metal: when you gather it, you're gathering 2 metal and only one wood (10 metal, 5 wood if mass gathering) so it makes sense when you refine that it's 2 blades and one haft.
    Part of Storm-Shore, a RP/PvE guild. http://www.stormshore.com/

I have many alts, I am a class and race rainbow.
  • Options
    badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The stuff you'll pickup will be better than almost anything you can make! With the possible exception of the Blue quality items, how ever they're considered rare and will only show up on your crafting list when you're not looking at it, like when you're at work or asleep, I.E. not playing