test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Questing System

damsel1988damsel1988 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I like to do the dailies religiously every day, however I find that many days you can queue for this and never get a single reply. What is worse is that later in teh game some daily quests require you to do that quest three times for it to count. I find that if I am lucky to get 2 and happen to level up at the time, then I have basically done the two for nothing because that quest is not listed on the queue for me any longer.

Then you get the quest for Throne of Isis a around level 40. There is no queue for it. So you stand there for hours 'lfg' and nobody replies.

I have never experienced these problems in other mmorpg's and am just wondering how others handle this situation. OK you may have to guild up but even then, the guild cannot cater for everyone to get ther daily done.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    most of the normal dungeons i skipped while leveling since i figured i'd be doing the epic versions of those at some point in the future. i don't know what percentage of people do this though.
  • Options
    serengettiserengetti Member Posts: 77
    edited November 2013
    That's the problem with this game; getting a decent party together takes an extremely long time if you aren't a tank or a healer yourself.
    The queue system is worthless, because it doesn't tell you how the queue is progressing; you have no idea how many people are queueing, how many people are in the same 'queue party' as you currently, and if there's even a tank or a healer among them, or if anyone dropped out because they couldn't take the waiting times of 15 minutes and longer anymore.

Most of the time you've already outleveled the skirmish or the party dungeon as well, because it's really easy to level.

My advice would be to get to level 60, gear up, and then do the party dungeons that you missed with one or two friends, or solo if possible.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Leveled up new char with my friend, we played 2-4 hours each day to 60, got Skirmisher title for completing 11 skirmishes (there's 12 actually now, we didn't do aberrant assault). Now leveling 2 more, still haven't missed a single dungeon or skirmish while playing the same amount of time. I think me and OP play different games.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    dragoncrest0dragoncrest0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    They're trying to alleviate this by making queues maximum and minimum levels increase by 2 in module 2.

So that will help a little. though by then it will be too late for exisiting people having this problem.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    if you're not getting any responses for /lfg in the quest zone you're in, try going to protector's enclave and search for your party there.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I missed all the skirmishes and dungeons while leveling most of my characters up. The dungeons don't matter, you can go back through them at level 60 if you want. You can solo Cloak Tower and Cragmire Crypts, we finished Mad Dragon with two chars. Beyond that, assemble parties with lfg. Most of the time people are glad to have a higher level character with them. I have to wait for more CTA to roll around before I can do the skirmishes though. On my last character, I did the skirmishes as soon as they were available and skipped the dungeons for later. I would recommend doing the normal dungeons before trying the epic ones. The mechanics are the same which might save you and your party some grief later on. Plus the normal dungeons are a lot more enjoyable than the epics, though running them with a full party of 60s might get boring. Having one 60 in a lower level party makes the run pretty enjoyable for everyone, if you don't grandstand.

Battle for the Bridge will be available to level 60s once the new module releases and maybe won't be so frustrating at that level. Also, clerics won't be required for skirmish queues, which is ok because for the most part if you die, just run back to the fight. I can't remember if the restriction on needing a GF is going to be lifted, but that should be implemented if not.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    if you're not getting any responses for /lfg in the quest zone you're in, try going to protector's enclave and search for your party there.

I've found that more people use zone chat to find parties for questing, skirmishes and normal dungeons than lfg. It helps to turn on both, but I usually just advertise in zone unless I see the other channel is getting used which is rare.
  • Options
    dragoncrest0dragoncrest0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    pitshade wrote: »
    I've found that more people use zone chat to find parties for questing, skirmishes and normal dungeons than lfg. It helps to turn on both, but I usually just advertise in zone unless I see the other channel is getting used which is rare.

That only applies to the leveling zone though. Most people that do use zone in the enclave end up getting ignored/reported for spam.
  • Options
    fakatikfakatik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I'll be glad to bring either my cleric or rogue to a low level dungeon. Both are 60 btw, just catch me ingame.
    Aireina | Ashter | King Baldric | Oranges | Hello | Mikalin
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    That only applies to the leveling zone though. Most people that do use zone in the enclave end up getting ignored/reported for spam.
    I should have specified that but I've never bothered with trying to make groups for normal dungeons in PE.