test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

skyfade interior?

reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
How does it really work? I want to achieve a look like the interior of some crypts that have like a bright yellowish fog, but it didn't work, do you have to be inside the area of the fog? What if I leave the fog area? does it go back to regular grey fog?
Also great to have this subforum!
2e2qwj6.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    saerraelsaerrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    reiwulf wrote: »
    How does it really work? I want to achieve a look like the interior of some crypts that have like a bright yellowish fog, but it didn't work, do you have to be inside the area of the fog? What if I leave the fog area? does it go back to regular grey fog?
    Also great to have this subforum!

Let's hope I can aid you, Rei.

How does it really work?

There are actually two kinds of fades of these; in the backdrop of your map you find one (a), the other is placeable (b) and you can find those in your assets library.

Where (a) would work for your entire map, (b) does not. (b) is a volume asset and will only show when your camera is in said volume. Be aware that multiple effects can counter each-other out. You may have to check if you do not have too many FXs where you do not see your fade/ where your fade doesn't work.

I want to achieve a look like the interior of some crypts that have like a bright yellowish fog, but it didn't work, do you have to be inside the area of the fog? You do have to be inside the volume for it to show up. You could use mists (etc) if you want an effect like this to be visible from further away.

What if I leave the fog area? does it go back to regular grey fog?
    It should, yes. Be sure your fogs (placed ones) aren't overlapping, or one may render the other invisible. If placed correctly, you should be able to have the camera go from one to the other fog colour. I would suggest to add a small buffer (a feet or two) between both fogs to be certain the camera is ready for the other fog.

If that doesn't answer everything, feel free to ask more!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Thanks a lot for the reply, I wasn't sure on how it worked.
    I'll see my map background settings to see if there's anything that could be countering the one I selected.
    Also even though the assets say the size it has (100x100 for example) when putting them in the map it doesn't show them, is there a clear way to know where does the effect end? Or should it show them in the map and it was just a bug?
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    The only sure way would be to take your map, remove anything remotely FX-y, then walk into your fog. May want to mark its centre with something easy to find back so you can be sure you're in it while checking.

Trail an error test to check if any FX is working; remove FX till your FX works.

If it still doesn't show up, try it on a blank map to see if the asset you picked is bugged.

Oh, and a lot of FXs don't show a size, only their manip box.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    OK thanks a lot! I figured that I can use the water planes to see more or less the size of different squares on map, to get a reference.
    I'll have to do much trial and error, but it's a start.
    thanks again!
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2013