test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Would like to see a better way of swapping powers during battle in the future.

jvlieujvlieu Member Posts: 14 Arc User
It doesn't make sense that we only have access to one hot bar and have to open the powers menu to ready up for different situations. Can we get more options like being able to swap to different sets of powers?
Post edited by jvlieu on

Comments

• Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    No.

Deciding which powers to slot is a tactical choice that you must make. Allowing power changes in the middle of combat negates that choice. I think they should actually make it impossible to switch powers while in combat.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Nevermind. Turns out they already have something in mind referred to as "load outs."

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?322182-Hot-Bar-Quick-Change&p=4145381&viewfull=1#post4145381

tickdoff wrote: »
    No.

Deciding which powers to slot is a tactical choice that you must make. Allowing power changes in the middle of combat negates that choice. I think they should actually make it impossible to switch powers while in combat.
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    That was months ago and it was not for certain that it will be done.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    People weren't sure the ranger would be done either, but here we are.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    jvlieu wrote: »
    Nevermind. Turns out they already have something in mind referred to as "load outs."

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?322182-Hot-Bar-Quick-Change&p=4145381&viewfull=1#post4145381

That was posted several months ago. And was said mostly as a developers own personal wants, and not as a concrete statement of it happening. While they might, in fact, be working on something like that currently. There is a vast difference between "what we would like to do" and "what we are going to implement"

Lets try not to start rumors by taking off handed comments as gospel.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    LOL, okay, whatever you guys say. All I did was posted a suggestion and wasn't expecting elitist attitudes to start kicking it down. Mod can lock the thread now before it turns into a flame war.
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    That was posted several months ago. And was said mostly as a developers own personal wants, and not as a concrete statement of it happening. While they might, in fact, be working on something like that currently. There is a vast difference between "what we would like to do" and "what we are going to implement"

Lets try not to start rumors by taking off handed comments as gospel.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I don't think anyone was being elitist here.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    jvlieu wrote: »
    LOL, okay, whatever you guys say. All I did was posted a suggestion and wasn't expecting elitist attitudes to start kicking it down. Mod can lock the thread now before it turns into a flame war.

Hey, your the one that posted a link as fact. When it was little more then an old off handed comment.

Personally, im all for having alternate power arrangements. I also think it is something that might eventually happen. But i'm also not trying to further my own argument by pushing old comments as fact and declaring my position a done deal. One has to expect a little back lash from moves like that. Valid point or not.
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    No one was kicking it down. This is why devs rarely post, unless it is an official post. What devs say is normally their own opinion and can't be taken as fact. As what happened in this case. No one said you can't post this suggestion. I think it would be nice also as I have had a hard time choosing powers, especially now with the HR. I have had to swap out aimed shot and split shot several times before battles depending on what I was going up against.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    well i can already see one challenge with this and it's the fact that you can't change out powers that are in cool down. it would be great if the option existed but it would need to not give players an unfair advantage over other players.
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    To clarify my position: I would love to have "Alternate Loadouts" that I could quickly switch to (such as a single target set-up for bosses vs. a AoE set up for trash vs. a PvP set-up), I just do not want to be able to switch powers in combat as I feel that being able to switch in combat would allow too great an advantage to people using macros and would further decrease the tactics needed to succeed in tough missions.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If it is just powers being that are being switched out, I'm fine with it being able to change in combat as long as the normal rules for changing out powers are followed. So all powers being change must not be on cooldown otherwise it fails and all newly placed powers are put on a 10 second cooldown. Probably with a cooldown placed on all loadouts so you can't change them for another 2 minutes or something.

If it also changed equipment including artifacts then yes should be only useable outside of combat and still with a cooldown on changing loadouts again.