test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sergeant Knox look-alike contest with rewards

chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
edited November 2013 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
This is a contest to create a Sergeant Knox look-alike. It will begin November 5th 11 AM EST, and end November 10th 11 AM EST. I may cancel the event before the start time if I can find out whether or not foundry allows people to access the character's facial profile or armor, but if I do not cancel by the start time it will not be canceled.

Rewards:
1st place: Ioun Stone of Allure
2nd place: 10 Coffers of Wondrous Augmentation
3rd place: 25x Major Flasks of Potency, 25x Major Flasks of Protection

Contest guidelines:
1. Sergeant Knox look-alikes will be judged solely on facial profile similarity, bodily proportion similarity, and armor similarity, judged at the sole discretion of the contest judge (me). Weapon is not judged and should be removed.
2. Only one picture showing your Sergeant Knox look-alike's facial features, and one picture showing his whole body in armor, is required. Pictures should be taken inside of Protector's Enclave with other players in the background as proof that the Sergeant Knox look-alike was not created in the foundry. Finally the pictures should be posted in this thread between the start and end times of this contest. Additional pictures may be given but please keep them in a link to a gallery uploading site such as www.postimage.org .
3. Any class and race may be chosen, but only male genders, and submissions will only be disqualified if the judge finds a submission to be a very poor look-alike or a fake/prank submission, at his own discretion but with explanation provided, and offender being allowed to create new submissions.
4. Anyone in my guild or friends list is disqualified from entering the contest. Cryptic employees and community moderators are also banned from this event, but because I don't like them.
5. One forum user may only have one submission at any one time. If he wishes to submit a new Sergeant Knox look-alike, he should edit his prior post to remove the image and state that it has been removed. If a forum user submits multiple Sergeant Knox look-alikes, the newest one will be judged and older ones ignored.
6. A maximum of thirty LEGITIMATE submissions will be allowed in the contest, illegitimate submission being those that do not follow the contest guidelines. Once this thirty legitimate submissions limit has been reached, the contest will be ended and the judge will pick the three winners at his own discretion and contact them for @handle information to mail the rewards to.
7. The three winners will be declared on the thread, and the winners will be private messaged for in-game @handle information, which when provided will have rewards sent to them within 24 hours of providing the information because I am actually responsive unlike Cryptic. Winners will have one week after the event ends to provide the @handle information so that rewards can be sent to them. Failure to provide the necessary information within that time-frame will result in the reward being forfeited and given to a new fourth-place winner, to be determined by the judge and announced on the thread.
8. To ensure confidence that the rewards will be given, I am willing to give the three rewards to a famous person in the game whom a large number of people on the forum trust for this purpose. Any guild leaders of a major guild willing to hold the items and distribute after the contest is over, please contact me via this thread or in private message.
9. If this thread is canceled before thirty submissions are received, and I am not allowed to post such threads, it is at the judge's discretion whether or not winners will be chosen from the existing submissions. If thirty legitimate submissions are received and then the thread is canceled, three winners will be chosen by the judge and given their rewards.

http://s15.postimg.org/cs8v9zkbv/screenshot_2013_11_03_08_42_13.jpg Picture of reward items.
Post edited by chocobofarmer on

Comments

• chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    November 4th Update:
    Contest guideline #10: Sergeant Knox Eyepatch from event is not allowed in the contest.
    Reward items have been given to the guild leader of TSB to hold onto and distribute.

November 5th Update:
    Contest begins today.
    Additional rewards have been added. The following is the new rewards replacing old:
    1st place: Ioun Stone of Allure, 25 Major Flasks of Potency, 25 Major Flasks of Protection
    2nd place: 10 Coffers of Wondrous Augmentation and Coalescent Ward
    3rd place: 25 Major Flasks of Potency, 25 Major Flasks of Protection, and Coalescent Ward

November 8th Update:
    Due to the apparent lack of interest from people, I decided that if by the deadline less than 7 entries are submitted, the contest will be changed and the current rewards will be used for the new contest instead. If this happens, all of the less than 7 legitimate submissions will be compensated with 1 enchanted key OR 2 Wondrous Coffers of Augmentation OR 10 Major Flasks of Protection+10 Major Flasks of Potency, whichever the person prefers.
    edited November 2013
    Event begins today. You can now send in your Sergeant Knox look-alikes. All submissions will be received until 30 are given, or the end time of the contest occurs, whichever comes first.
  • therealjaelustherealjaelus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 50
    edited November 2013
    I'm holding the prizes for the contest and will distribute them appropriately at the conclusion.
    garret_fi.png
    edited November 2013
    I have been considering making a different contest if this one ends up having no one participating. I'm thinking about a Ugliest Character contest, maybe that would be more popular. Any suggestions on making a good contest people will want to participate in?
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I was thinking of participating, but the gear likely won't fit on a level 4 character and I don't have the Zen to change appearance on my higher level characters.
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    GL everyone!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
    edited November 2013
    Bump. Due to the apparent lack of interest from people, I decided that if by the deadline less than 7 entries are submitted, the contest will be changed and the current rewards will be used for the new contest instead. If this happens, all of the less than 7 legitimate submissions will be compensated with 1 enchanted key OR 2 Wondrous Coffers of Augmentation OR 10 Major Flasks of Protection+10 Major Flasks of Potency, whichever the person prefers.
    edited November 2013
    In a few days I'll do a new contest, but right now I'll be taking suggestions on how to make a good contest. If you have any good ideas for a contest please let me know here.