test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Don't want grass; am now pouting.

masamundanemasamundane Member Posts: 45
Hi guys,

Is there a way to change the terrain skin? I'm using the outdoor maps, and building a cityscape. It'd be easier if the ground wasn't grass by default, and perhaps baked earth or cobblestone.

Is there a way to change this that I'm missing? It just seems wasteful to be trying to manually drop down flagstone...
Post edited by masamundane on

Comments

• Options
    mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It is not possible to change textures on maps. You will have to build up above ground if you want a paved city.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Nope.

However, there are some really enormous detail assets that could be turned sideways, or overlapped, or turned upside down, or sunken into the terrain and perhaps give you what you want.
    • Backside of Nd Mossy Caves Giant Wall 01
    • Blackdagger Keep wall stairs
    • Backside of Nw Pe Bridge Castlewall Wall 01 (...02, ...03)
    • Sewer Aqueducts
    • Center Stairs 01
    • Clock Archway Cap (might make for some nice gently curved streets)
    • Dwarven Building Kit walls
    • Cliff Large Chasm ...

Take time to look thru all the assets available, select them, spin them around in the previewer to see how all the sides and underneath appear.
  • Options
    masamundanemasamundane Member Posts: 45
    edited November 2013
    eldarth wrote: »
    Nope.

However, there are some really enormous detail assets that could be turned sideways, or overlapped, or turned upside down, or sunken into the terrain and perhaps give you what you want.
    • Backside of Nd Mossy Caves Giant Wall 01
    • Blackdagger Keep wall stairs
    • Backside of Nw Pe Bridge Castlewall Wall 01 (...02, ...03)
    • Sewer Aqueducts
    • Center Stairs 01
    • Clock Archway Cap (might make for some nice gently curved streets)
    • Dwarven Building Kit walls
    • Cliff Large Chasm ...

Take time to look thru all the assets available, select them, spin them around in the previewer to see how all the sides and underneath appear.

Thank you for the list.

To be honest, I was building a slum market in an ancient city supposedly built over the remains of cities past (building on buildings; so many doors). Burying some bits of architecture was part of the plan to begin with. I was just hoping there was an option to save time on some spots, and for future stories.

This will do though...