test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Help for a new lvl 60 player

grungebrmpkgrungebrmpk Member, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
edited October 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hey guys, I'm reaching lvl 60 with my first toon, and I'm trying to pick some info about the dungeon progression for a fresh lvl 60. I tryed to sarch it but can't find what I need, so I hope you guys can help me.

What is the dungeon progression for a new lvl 60 char?

How I can pick gear to get GS to make the epics?

Thank you very much fellow adventurers!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by grungebrmpk on

Comments

• xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hit the auction house for blue gears... cheap, but pick ones focused on stats you want/need. Some rank 4 enchants will then be enough to start T1 dungeons.

Cloak Tower, Cragmire Crypt first - get 2/4 of a T1 set
    Idris - for an armor of the T1 set
    Lair of Mad Dragon - to finish the T1 set, i think LoMD has T1 off hand also.
    Grey Wolf Den - T1 main hand.
    With getting those, you'll easily qualify to start into T2 dungeons, and pick up practice.

EDIT - go to Sharandar and start the campaign. There are abundant blue drops there also.
  • yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    My advice: Run PVP for 1-3 days (depends how good you are) and you should be able to buy the full PVP epic gear. this gives you a very good start. Put on the enchants that suit your stats (max. rank 5s that can be easily fused without using wards), then maybe play some T1 dungeons for practicing (the list in queue finder is sorted by gear score, so take the lowest with Cloak Tower, this is easy) or also run easy T2 like PK for some off hand items, this one is not very complex, too (maybe tell others that you play it the first time to avoid trouble).

But then go over to T2 dungeons to farm you 4 armor pieces. Start with boots in FH, then try getting head in SP, armor in ToS and hands in Karru. Sell stuff you loot in AH to buy some cheap (but fitting your stats) jewelry. The Ancient ones is what you need and some stuff are not really expensive only some very needed items (like the control rings) are high priced. Also get at least blue shirts and pants (don't waste money on purple ones without slot, just save your money for the slot ones later).

Get training in the T2 dungeons and run them at DD times to get the chance of your armor piece in the final chest. If you have one armor piece skip this dungeon and play the other ones until you have them all.

Wasting your time on Mad Dragon or Wolf Den cannot be adviced actually, both dungeons are a pain, especially in pugs, and your PVP armor equals the T1 gear anyway, rather learn to play the 4 mentioned T2 dungeons and play them regularly. If you are lucky you at least get a T2 armor piece then, why wasting time for the T1 and then need more time to upgrade it to T2.
  • grungebrmpkgrungebrmpk Member, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Cool guys, thank you very much for the advices! :D Beers for ya!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    yokihiro wrote: »
    My advice: Run PVP for 1-3 days (depends how good you are) and you should be able to buy the full PVP epic gear. this gives you a very good start. Put on the enchants that suit your stats (max. rank 5s that can be easily fused without using wards), then maybe play some T1 dungeons for practicing (the list in queue finder is sorted by gear score, so take the lowest with Cloak Tower, this is easy) or also run easy T2 like PK for some off hand items, this one is not very complex, too (maybe tell others that you play it the first time to avoid trouble).

But then go over to T2 dungeons to farm you 4 armor pieces. Start with boots in FH, then try getting head in SP, armor in ToS and hands in Karru. Sell stuff you loot in AH to buy some cheap (but fitting your stats) jewelry. The Ancient ones is what you need and some stuff are not really expensive only some very needed items (like the control rings) are high priced. Also get at least blue shirts and pants (don't waste money on purple ones without slot, just save your money for the slot ones later).

Get training in the T2 dungeons and run them at DD times to get the chance of your armor piece in the final chest. If you have one armor piece skip this dungeon and play the other ones until you have them all.

Wasting your time on Mad Dragon or Wolf Den cannot be adviced actually, both dungeons are a pain, especially in pugs, and your PVP armor equals the T1 gear anyway, rather learn to play the 4 mentioned T2 dungeons and play them regularly. If you are lucky you at least get a T2 armor piece then, why wasting time for the T1 and then need more time to upgrade it to T2.

Gotta disagree on Mad Dragon and Wolf Den. You should do them, if only for the reason that if you can't do those two, then you probably aren't ready for the T2's, for they are more difficult and require more teamwork than these do. This is especially true for the *second* boss of Mad Dragon, for which the usual "zerg the boss" strategy doesn't work *for a typical PUG in typical T1 or less gear*.
  • grungebrmpkgrungebrmpk Member, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Hm understand, so pvp is the easiest way to pick the inital lvl 60 gear?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hm understand, so pvp is the easiest way to pick the inital lvl 60 gear?

Sure, if you PvP regularly on your way to 60 you should have enough glory for the T1 PvP gear that will give you a high enough GS to enter the lower level epics.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• ikeepit3hunnaikeepit3hunna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I would buy high stated lvl 60 blues at first. They are cheap like 200-3000AD each. Then buy rank 5s. From there pug t1 dng for 2 pieces. Mad dragon is hard with no gear don't do that. Then do fh and karrun for money and gear. After u get geared and good at the game spam cn.
    U R 2 E Z- SENT IV GWF undefeated 16k GS
    FaceRoller- regen recovery TR (put on the shelf for now) 14k GS
    Supreme CHAOS - IV GF (put on the shelf for now) 16k GS
    White Khalifa- tene/hp/regen CW (retired) 11k GS (tene)
    Death From Above- TANK ranger 16kGS
    (all halfling everything)

Proud rank 6 of: <Enemy Team>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2013
    ikeepit3hunna

I'm trying to keep AD to buy a nightamre in the AH, so I'm looking for a way to pick gear without spending AD :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • muhacmuhac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hmmm all i can say im still lvl45 but got another char on 50 and few more doing Leadership and thought bout buying the mount or weapons and ended up buying the Ioun Stone for myself since its the best invest as u wont need the mount for dungeons its just to get faster from a 2 b but since this game aint an open world its not of use much...

As for me im gonna play more PVP grind few more glory for the set and leave the AD Enchants or ancients....

Gratz 2 u for the lvl60, good luck and have fun playin ur char no matter what :D

Edit: Got the AD from selling the Wards from invoking...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2013
    Thanks muhac!

You mean you got wards from the control + i deity thing?

I use the mounts in pvp, its nice to have a good looking mount there :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2013
    Anyone know a link with the pvp items?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • muhacmuhac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Armor_Set

u have all set here for all classes and other useful info :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • foxgaldorffoxgaldorf Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hey guys! I just reach the 60 level, and now i need to farm some items for the end game content, thank you all for the hints in this thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    pointsman wrote: »
    Gotta disagree on Mad Dragon and Wolf Den.

I think I have never finished Mad Dragon (didn't even reach the final boss) and Wolf Den (reached boss but failed as far as I know). If you don't have a premade those are way to hard to compete with lower GS. You won't learn a lot there either to be honest (just dodging). And don't need to beat Mad Dragon to be able to beat FH or SP.

Only if you really like challenges and the fun in playing dungeons do those dungeons. I do them now here and then in pugs, but as I said - it's hardly possible to finish them with randoms, even with 11+ GS on yourself.
    edited October 2013
    Thanks again for the feedback guys, I really appreciate that!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • foxgaldorffoxgaldorf Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Thanks again for the feedback guys, I really appreciate that!

You're a big mother****er, you know that, right?!

Hugs my friend!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]