test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Worth it to come back??

superm1guelsuperm1guel Member Posts: 12 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I played when the first stared mainly for PvP, then before the Fury of the Feywild it got boring and didnt play anymuch there wasnt anything recompense for doing PvP (PvE gear was better to do PvP) but there is nothing out there to play so im thinking about coming back..
Post edited by superm1guel on

Comments

• esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    I played when the first stared mainly for PvP, then before the Fury of the Feywild it got boring and didnt play anymuch there wasnt anything recompense for doing PvP (PvE gear was better to do PvP) but there is nothing out there to play so im thinking about coming back..

Well i'm not sure how can others' opinions help you with how you would like to entertain yourself. It is entirely a matter of perspective here.

Besides, you have answered your own question. If you don't have anything else to play...then why not?
  • moerevolvermoerevolver Member Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Play the game for a day or two, then maybe you'll remember why you left in the first place.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Same response I give to everyone who asks this: It doesn't cost a dime to play or download. If you don't like it, you're merely out the time and effort to download and install the client. Try it and decide for yourself.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,847 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    For me, i have to say it really wasn't.

While the game does have a lot of really fun aspects going for it, i find that even though it's "free to play", it's very heavily telling me to spend money or hours upon hours grinding; all of which can be a huge buzzkill. There is a point where yes, they need to make money, but overall i feel like they're doing it in the worst way possible. $10 for a bag, $25 for a horse, These things really aren't worth the money they're asking.

I find that this game lacks a lot of what made Champions and STO great is lacking from this game, the most of which is customization. While there is a good bit of it, it's not to the levels that you would expect from either Cryptic or D&D. I would have been much happier with something more along the lines of Champions, where i had a list of abilities, and i could make my own class rather than being saddled as a Trickster Rogue instead of a thief or assassin. Even when i find new clothes in the game, they're all pretty much the same so far, which kind of sucks when you weren't too fond of the look in the first place.

Instead of focusing on the things they SHOULD be adding, they'd rather skate by on lockboxes and overcharging for items they put little effort into. Instead of Giving you the freedoms of D&D to make your own characters, you're stuck in a role that you might only be playing due to it being the closest thing to your P&P character.

Overall, rant aside, while this game has a lot of fun stuff in it, i wouldn't comeback simply due to the way Cryptic does business, and how little say you get in your character other than the some looks and a class.
  • superm1guelsuperm1guel Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    they have pvp gear now? from doing pvp?? and actual pvp gear? something better than pve?
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i'll chime in with the rest of the "use your own judgment" responses.

asking these kinds of questions just gives the disgruntled an open invitation to tell the story they've already told in many other threads. this being a free to play game, it is going to attract a number of people to come and try it out. and you'll have a vast variety of results from that. no single person's experience is going to give you a definitive answer based on your own personal tastes... unless you are fishing for something specific.

but that said, since this game is pve centric and to date there hasn't been any changes to pvp, you may find yourself in the same boat before you decided to leave. there has been some talk about future pvp developments but no definitive announcements have been made since they are in the very early stages.

in my most honest opinion, the combat style alone makes the pvp, as is, fun and rewarding... but of course, not everything is perfect. the matchmaking system could be better in lining up players with similar gear and stats so that the players are more evenly matched. some people do pvp simply for the daily reward and have no other interest in it... so pug pvp matches can be filled with a mis-match of competitive and non-competitive teams. pre-mades vs pugs. these kinds of match ups get people quitting pvp matches. so you either deal with it as is and have a little faith that the company knows all this and is working to resolve it or you move on. for me, since pvp isn't what brought me to this game, i will continue to support it and stick with it. there is another module coming out before the year is up, another class... and who knows what else is coming to neverwinter. and all of it is free.

it is what it is... take it or leave it.