test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

60 CW - Best gear? (Thau or Renegade)

warhawktbcwarhawktbc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited October 2013 in PvE Discussion
So I'm running into a lot of conflicting or missing information regarding T2 gear for the CW. Of course I know it's partially dependent on what build you are running (Thau vs Renegade vs Oppressor PVP) as well as your playstyle (close combat or ranged, PvE or PvP, etc).
For the sake of simplicity, I'm focusing on the "best" PvE build for dungeons. I don't have millions of AD to drop right now an I am trying to max out my CW without dropping tons on Zen (I will submit to purchasing enough zen to 1) respec and 2) buy my pet - cat/stone).
So to get right to it:
I'm getting the majority of my build advice from mmominds.com
Powers/Feats: I'm about to respec to this: http://nwcalc.com/cw?b=p8v:4z6et:8f07,13h20n0:60000:bu50v:b5000&h=0
Gear:
Helm: High Vizier's Cap of the Drake (Dark Ench Rank 4)
Chest: Focal Magi's Tunic (Defense: Radiant Enchant Rank 5)
Arms: Focal Magi's Gloves (Dark Ench Rank 5)
Main: Orb of the Arcane Overseer (Offense Azure Ench Rank 5)
Off: Lord's Talisman of the Dark (Offense Silver Ench Rank 5)
Boots: +5 Occult Boots of Respite (Dark Ench Rank 4)
Neck: Exorcist's necklace of Blessings (Offense Silver Ench Rank 5)
Ring: Minor Necromancer's Ring of Undeath x2 (Defense Radiant Ench Rank 5)
Waist: Grand Priest's Belt of Burning Light (Defense Radiant Ench Rank 5)
Spare Gear: Orb of the Arcane Overseer, High Vizier Gloves, Pyrotechnic Band, Slavemaster's Belt of Control (ring)
98 Drake Seals
34 Unicorn Seals
2 Grym seals
167 Fomorian Concoction
60 sparks
71 gold crescents
Power 2,755
Defense 842
Crit 2269
Recovery 2188
ArP 629
Regen 214
HealthSteal 238
Deflection 257
Movement 300
HP 22,280
GS 10.3k
AC 16
First 2 boons unlocked
First zone unlocked in sharandar
7/9 on the middle campaign
MC not yet unlocked
I plan on paying Zen to 1) respec to the linked specs 2) Buy a Cat or Ioun stone of allure
Int 26, 18 Wis, 16 Cha, 10 Str, 12 Const, 14 Dex
What gear should I be shooting for? Outside of building my HV set and running Shara dailies, I have no clear direction.
Be honest. What sucks, what should change, am I missing something? Any advice from those that have been where I'm at?
Post edited by warhawktbc on

Comments

• fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    CW forums: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?680-The-Library

They could help you a lot more than anyone on an external site or even in this forum.

Make sure to check the sticky (unfortunately it shows up as "Moved" in the thread title) at the top of the class forum.
  • meatholleousmeatholleous Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I believe the MC crafted are slightly better, but take more work to obtain. A more experienced CW can provide a better answer.
  • pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    If you are looking for the MC weapon set then this is the best way to get it..
    Farm MC until the offhand drops.. For a CW that's fairly easy.. Farm 2/3 parties
    Then do not farm MC at all anymore...
    Go farm t2 dungeons.. And make AD and buy fragments.. This will be alot faster than attempting to farm fragments from MC... I spent around 80 hours farming MC.. Only got one fragment worth around 300k.. That's it..
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    what's with the gold spammer responses in this thread? GO AWAY!

high vizier is still a highly regarded T2 set regardless of the recent fix. shadow weaver is also a great set for a renegade/crit mage. the gauntlegrym champion mage T2 set is a rather easy set to acquire and it's not a bad set to have even as a PVP focused set.

personally, i am using the orb of the champion mage because it has crit and armor pen. i'm also using the shadow mage talisman for its crit stats.

armor pen is great to have and it will up your damage, but it is not your initial focus. power/crit/recovery/arp is the general order of importance.

also there are some great class build examples in the already provided link above. i'd check those out.

there is a problem with the linked feats/powers calc as there are zero points in orb of imposition. there would be at least one in there as it is your first class feature when you're leveling up your mage. AND sudden storm is one of our most powerful encounter spells. i'd put more than one point in it. i would also suggest that rather than putting one point here and there, decide on a specific encounter and commit yourself to it by maxing it out.

and lastly, use the preview server to test out new builds since respec tokens are free there. here's a link to get you started there:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?330011-Welcome-to-NeverwinterPreview!

good luck!
  • gerrakishargerrakishar Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'd change your rings to Control because they have offense slots and I like the stats better than the Undeath ones. When you do get your set is really when you should start worrying about what to stack where.
    Get your stone ASAP and stack Power, Crit, Armor Pen on it.
    My abilities are: 21 intel, 19 wisdom, 20 char, 13 str, 14 con, 14 dex. I went rounded instead of dropping a bunch into intel. My reason for this was to get a good CC without spending 2500 points on it and then stack power everywhere I could. So far it's worked out pretty good.
    I also respecced out of Thaum into Renegade because of the damage boosts and also have enjoyed that.
    If you have more specific questions then let me know, I'm at work and just have time for a quick response.
  • sennamysennamy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Does a renegade build generally require you to be more "in the mix" of combat, or is it effective for you playing a 'nuke from a distance' playstyle?