test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GF Tactician PvP

hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
edited October 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Running as Conqueror since I can remember my GF, got the Timeless set and specced Con/Dex for survivability while stacking ArmPen and Crit (up to 19%). I got Greater Bronzewood on weapon and Lesser Soulforged on armor. My PvP was decent, but not anything to get excited about...I guess Tenes make the break. Anyway...I decided to respec.

Opted for tactician, since the last tier makes sense in PvP and kept my original itemisation, stats and boons (Def,Crit,HP). That's the build I ended up with:

http://nwcalc.com/gf?b=p8v:4zgu4:ayyk,13l350i:60000:6uu00:buu51&h=0

So the questions that I have:

1) Powerful Strike or Surging Tide? I am a fan of threatening rush in PvP (due to CWs and running TRs) but Surging tide's debuff and buff seem quite good. Also...is Powerful strike any useful in PvP? I don't think that there is anything that takes THAT long to cast that interrupting is powerful. Thoughts?

2) Crushing Pin and Battle Trample are helping a lot in the damage output. Question is, does the damage from Trample the fallen come from any control power or only mine...and if Crushing Pin boosts other people's damage as well. I think it does, but making sure.

3) Conqueror and Tactician play very much alike in PvP as far as I can see. You only block when you absolutely must and gather up AP for unleashing the full stun suite. Anyone has any experience with Tactician PvP and maybe point out any tips that I may miss?

4) Why the heck my GS dropped by 4,000 when I respecced?

Thanks for the time!
* Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
Post edited by hidahayabusa on

Comments

• Options
    trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited October 2013
    get Supremacy of steel and ferocious reaction
    combat superiority = 1 only

1 powerful strike doesnt do anything at all
    3 for pvp sos will be your best daily
    4 conqueror = increases power based on guard meter (100% full = x2 power = more GS)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Thank you very much!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Specced for it from Conqueror, and tried it for 1 week of full PvP with PuGs. I have to say that it feels much better than Conqueror, since I effectively have a Daily every 20-25 seconds and the damage isn't that worse. Plus I can block key attacks without feeling that I am doing something wrong.

Still puzzled about Surging Tide, since I am too attached to Threatening rush. I guess I could put some points in Daunting Challenge, making my tab feeling less useless and Threatening rush being a good peeling tool for people that stick to my team-mates.

So: http://nwcalc.com/gf?b=cn4:2hwcg:5m9s,13l350i:60000:6uu00:bzu01&h=0

Probably, Conqueror shines in pre-mades that you know that you are not going to be focused in the first onslaught, meaning you can skip blocking and charge into the lot.